New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 374th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fantasy Sports Archive Why change the format

I used to be able to easily go to my sports profile and access past seasons. This year the screen turns grey
    I really don't see the need to constantly tinker with a site that works

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put close all tabs link at the top of the tabs list

Please put the Close All Tabs link at the TOP of the tabs list. When I want to close all tabs, that means I have many tabs open, so it's ridiculous to make me scroll to the bottom. Yes, I can "Up Arrow" my way to the bottom, but that's counterintuitive and an extra step.

1181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot

Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot!

I thought I clicked 'give feedback' - not vote on some post! Gaaahhhhh!

1181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ads pane too big

the ads panel is just too big

446th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bring back the option / button that lets you put in a string and search the NET rather than your own mail. Why did you delete it? Bad move.

Bring back the option / button that lets you put in a string and search the NET rather than your own mail. Why did you delete it? Bad move.

551st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Selection Tickbox in full size

The Tickbox for selecting multiple message is way too small.
    Very often you click a little bit outside the box, and results in open the message. And you need go back and re-select those messages again.

Make the click area the full size (as high as the row) at the beginning of the message list , so one won't miss the click

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Interface Change - Delete the box by the Month or Year

I like to have the ability to delete from the box by highlighting or clicking the trash with the options to delete by the months/years from the box.

'Today' can become a menu pull down to select by year or month. I am not sure would it be easier to select year than the list of year populate or enter it in. Same applies to months.

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. it's impossible delete the mail from the line becouse tou removede the recycle bin from the line, near the star.

it's impossible to delete the mail from the mail line becous you remove the recycle bin from the line, near the star

1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. SUGGESTION

PLEASE SHOW ME MAIL READ FUTURE

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to change language

You updated the mail interface, but still kept the option to change the language away. I want to change the interface language to brazilian portuguese.

361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ctrl-\ to close a message

I used to heavily use ctrl-\ to close a message. Please bring it back!

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. folder

I would like to create folders as a subset of the INBOX (as I can do in Outlook). They should, at the very least, be immediately below the INBOX (rather than near the bottom of the page) because when using filters, mail goes directly into them.

2366th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1705th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1398th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When I click the X to close an email, it just opens the last one I had open. Please CLOSE and go back to LIST.

Go back to list of emails when I close open message instead of going back to the previously opened message. I don't want to just toggle between emails. I would never want that.

301st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. read/unread weirdness

It's nicer than before, but here are some issues:
    1. When you're on email and you mark it as unread, when you switch to other email it reset to "read" again. (so it marks it as read not when you open it but when you close it?)
    2. when you reply to email it then opens the next email in the grid, which sucks combined with the above issue, something I didn't actually look at is marked as "read" now.
    3. Sorting by "unread" is laggy, still better than before, but emails you open appear to stay as "unread" then…

507th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changing the date format

I want the date format to be DD-MM-YYYY rather than MM-DD-YYYY, but there seems to be no option for changing it.

3982nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 7 8 10 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base