New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2720th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please do not automatically open the first e-mail when I log on.

1. Please do not automatically open the first e-mail when I log on.

2. Don't ask me to look through thousands of "feedback ideas" in order to post feedback. I'm trying to help you make this app better. Don't punish me for doing so. You created software that has raised issues. Don't blame me for that. How arrogant!

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be less offensive. Your aggressive infringement of the senses only encourage me to never ever do business with Yahoo.

Leave my inbox alone. no pop-us, no news that takes up most of the screen and wont go away.

I am never buying yahoo pro, I don't care how good it may be, you offend me too much.

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. have to press go on dropdown boxes

every time you make a selection, you have to press go or ok. Other software just completes the action when you make a selection in a dropdown box

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Just a *********** idea ! never get a single penny from me !

Trying to find money with stupid design ???! NEVER

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. spam, have a confermation window popup to conferm spam

i view emails from my remote security camera.
    i use the "next message"up-arrow to scan through the 20 to 90 emails from the system.
    then i preview a photo, the spam button shifts to where the up-arrow was. when i click what i think is up-arrow i actually click spam.

5514th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give Us Back Right Click to Open Message in a NEW TAB! I can't believe it took adblock to get that feature back

I love you "penalizing" us by forcing yahoo classic on people using adblockers. It actually gives me the features we used to have that people actually want. You know what we don't want? Buggy ad delivery that delivers malware and screws up our computers. BRING BACK YAHOO BASIC with the option to RIGHT CLICK TO OPEN MESSAGES IN A NEW TAB.

Yahoo management sucks.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The boxes around arrows/menus are much too small.

The boxes around arrows/menus are much too small. Sometimes you even have to go below the item you are selecting to make the item selectible. Make them bigger since there is plenty of room (at least on my computer).

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. new contacts list

When I go to the contacts list I want to see ALL the names on the list not just a few for each letter of the alphabet with X more if I click on that tab

YOU have no right to decide who should appear on my list and who should be hidden from view

please stop messing with things, old system is better, new system is garbage!

505th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. You can improve new mail, just stop the adverts from popping and blinking - unable to read emails

Just delete the advertisements completely - extremely irritating and unable to concentrate reading emails properly !!

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Web email in browser on iPad now has annoying reading pain in portrait mode

I use the browser to access my Yahoo email because I haven't found a mobile app which will allow me to see the full-screen list of email without the reading pane. I want my email in the browser on my iPad to look the same way as it does on my laptop. A few months ago you changed the mobile browser version and added the reading pane, even in portrait mode; even switching to "desktop view" does not get rid of the reading pane.

There are two reasons I hate the reading pane. (1) I receive a lot of commercial…

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I request mail to be listed alphabatically, it would be GREAT if I was taken to the start of the last e-m highlighted

If I highlight an e-mail in to me from David, then request my e-mails to be listed alphbetically, it would be helpful if you took me to the first e-m from David. It USED to work that way. Ta!

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It is very annoying when you are checking your inbox and it keeps on moving and changing sizes because of the ads in the right column

The moving inbox causes you to click on the wrong message or accidentally delete message and it is very very ANNOYING and inconvenient

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop searching when I click on an email to open it.

Stop searching when I click on an email to open it. I'm not trying to search. I'm trying to read the email. Not search for every email that contains the words I happened to click on.

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. infinite scroll

PLEASE give an option to turn OFF infinite scrolling. I have had this account for about TWO DECADES and can't possibly go through old mail easily without pagination.

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why can't I find comments that I make on a news item. Why do you have to make it so hard.

I want to see comments that I made on news items. Why do I feel like I am looking for a needle in a haystack.

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. why has my screen frozen

cant do anything on yahoo

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How can I hide the right hand side column permanently?

I use the new Yahoo Mail web interface with "Right" side view message and the advertisement right hand side column pops up at every new email message view.
    Is yahoo so kind to make it go away permanently or they want us all to move over to gmail?

278th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move the Weather, Financial, and Horoscope Widgets OUT of Yahoo Mail Completely!

The new Weather, Financial, and Horoscope are a nightmare in Yahoo Mail. I already indicted that the Weather Widget does not save city locations (Bug.) Go back when you clicked on your User Name, you had the option to sign out or switch accounts and nothing else. The new profile widgets SUCK!

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base