New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SPEED - Yahoo mail will not let me access one of my folders. I just get the spinning circle.

SPEED - Yahoo mail will not let me access one of my folders. I just get the spinning circle.

377th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop making backspace delete mails

Not sure when this feature started, but I've deleted multiple emails on accident now because I use my backspace button to get me back to the Inbox after reading an email. (I have a chrome plugin for backspace to go back a page) Now it looks like my backspace deletes mails. And if you don't click undo quickly enough, they don't seem to even be in the trash. They're gone as far as I can tell. Please consider stopping using the backspace to delete. This is very ******* me. Thanks.

1639th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. improve by showing the full screen not only the most recent emails

Improve the email view screen by making it bigger and include a calendar on the right hand side to check specific emails dates.

311th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unread - Save "Sort by unread" as a setting please

I have to change to "unread" every time I log in.

1639th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sorting

It would be nice to be able to sort by sender in reverse alphabetical order as well as regular.

296th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 167th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scrolling

Having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to send and email is kind of annoying. Making a static bar would be amazing! The colors are pretty though! The flashing documents button is weird. Not a fan, but helpful feature! Do you guys have anything like Google Drive?

145th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. change layout of a REPLY

Fix problem where mouse is over the Email address when Replying. When I hit "REPLY", I cannot start typing my text.!!!
    The mouse location from hitting REPLY is over the email address and a bubble pops up. This prevents me from typing. This is really poor layout on the part of the design of your new email.

578th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to see a Quick Contact Yahoo Support Button in the Mail area, something that post directly to the Support area.

I would like to see a Quick Contact Yahoo Support Button in the Mail area, something that post directly to the Support area without jumping through a bunch of hoops.

2253rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. why do i see multiple articles about the same

Yahoo Landing Page, I don't want to see 5 articles about the Kardashian, or 3 different articles about the almost nip slip on SNL by Miley. how can I only see what I want to see and nothing else you force me to see

1639th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. top inbox message still disappears

Top inbox message still disappears from display almost all the time. Yahoo closed a bunch of posts complaining about this but didn't actually fix the problem. Working on Chrome from a Win7 laptop.

343rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When i delete emails I just want to delete the first 50 not all of them as i need to keep some of the earlier ones.

I want the deleting of emails how it was before. I do NOT want to delete ALL emails at once as I want to keep some for further reference. Is there an option to just delete the first 50.

2253rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop your stupid ******* sidebar ********.

Stop your stupid * sidebar **.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Viewing emails

I clicked "go back to original folder" in the "After moving a message" section of the settings, but after deleting/moving an email, but it always opens the next email. How do I stop this?

2253rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. scroll

When scrolling down in Inbox to get to messages that are out of the screen, the preview link at the bottom left hides the very message that I'm trying to read. This is very annoying especially when scrolling with arrow keys, because once I get to the message I want, I can't see the sender because it's hidden by the preview link. The only way to see the sender is to scroll one more message down and then back up, which defeats the purpose of scrolling with arrow keys. Please, FIX THIS!!!! And please, don't tell me to switch to…

178th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email

Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email. The bottom email is just to low and the little popup that you see when hovering on another place on the page makes it so you cannot see it. It's annoying, and should have been and still should be accounted for.

2253rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2253rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

544th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sorting bars above email messages

Can we have sorting bars above the email messages? This way we can just click on the bar above the relevant column to sort (e.g. from, subject, date, etc) instead of clicking on a drop down menu to search for the sorting option.

Also, if an email is selected and then the sorting option is clicked, that email message should remain selected. This helps with searching or browsing.
    For instance, if I select an email from "John" and I click on the sort by name bar, all emails from all Johns should be together; if I select an email whose…

416th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email from PEOPLE

Switching back to the Class Yahoo yet again since the new one doesn't have a PEOPLE search.

999th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base