New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background Settings

You should allow people to customize their own background, by uploading pictures. Thank you for allowing me to share my opinion.

171st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need lighter background options/not white

I need more background options that have lighter colors. The colors are too dark under "dark" and the only option for light is to have a white screen in the center, which is taxing on the eyes. Pastels people!!

628th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to have black text

In order for me to use the new Mail format, I would need to have the option of having black text with a colored background. Right now, the only option is white text on a colored background. Until that is changed, I won't be using the latest version. I am going to go back to using the Classic Mail.

510th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I prefer a light background with BLACK ink.

My 62 year old eyes don't want to deal with white font. Please have at least 1 choice with a black font.

196th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New mail format is awful

New mail format is awful. It needs more contrast. The line work should be darker, it blends in WAY TOO MUCH with the white background.

608th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stationery

Your stationery is pitiful!!! Is this the best you can do? I want to send out a Thanksgiving email, and there is NO stationery!!!!

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unify user interfaces!!!

I've been using computers for four decades and I'm still flabbergasted seeing the miserable mix match of user interfaces and features spread out across various access points... mostly different from one service to another. It's amazing we can make so much money on so little and still not figure out how to let people arrange their own own content instead of dictating where engineers and those who decide how things should be. I guess they never got the memo we're all different?

392nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. YOU CHANGED MY BACKGROUND/THEME. I WANT IT BACK

I WANT MY OLD BACKGROUND i HAD WITH THE WATER. IT WAS TEAL BLUE/GREEN. IT'S STILL ON MY NOTEPAD. HOW DO I GET IT BK FOR MY EMAIL????

667th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. small space for email

Space for actual emails is reduced enormously. Why yahoo ribbon takes up so much more space. The email list is squeezed from the top and from the side into 30% of the area.

628th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 628th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You need more themes for Yahoo. You changed it to nothing

You screwed up my yahoo and the themes are stupid now . Lost the themes I used to have.

259th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hard to read

Why did you close all "the hard to read" issues.

1) Content in left rail, hard to read
    2) List of email in main area, hard to read
    3) Navigation once in an incoming email, replies and the like, hard to read
    Really, are you trying to drive people to GMail?

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. yahoo mail new layout: when folder is empty, background stay's white, not dark...

yahoo mail new layout: when a folder (like inbox) is empty, background stay's white, not dark (or theme setting) please try to fix....

504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

667th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Colors

Please put in some light, soft colors. What you have now is too intense and dark. Can't you put in a variety and please everyone? At one time, you had more choices. Please give us more options.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Iwant my inbox to go back the way it was please and I want to be able to viev all my emails in one long scroll not different pages that suck

This sucks give me back the good inbox with full scrolling not different pages and the nice appearence the classic I had this is just an inbox we don't need the rubbish or is this a thing bought in by the new partner well hands off our inboxes leave them as they were and dump this new rubbish.

536th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to tell between read and unread emails

Really hard to distinguish read and unread emails. A simple dot next to it and making it "bold" is not sufficient to easily tell them apart.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. NEW* Create your own visual "Theme" for your email!

I would like to create my own "graphic theme" for my email. Is that possible?

1206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 667th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base