New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1351st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. different theme for each email

I want to have different theme for each mail account.

236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. color mailbox from Add on Mail Vendors

Please allow settings to apply to add on email boxes from other vendors so the colors can be different for each separate mailbox

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make "active" email distinct from the rest in the list

Why isn't the notice for the email I am currently viewing visually distinct from the rest in the list? If I am reading it in the preview pane, I can't find it in the list when I want to continue.Didn't it use to be a denser color than the background?

1801st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smaller top bar -

Smaller top bar - No need for the big one. Especially when using it privately in the office, it could be more discrete.

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you make a "Y" graphic that is optional for top left "YAHOO!" after login?

I really enjoy the new look of yahoo mail! I am kind of picky so please be patient with me, but I was hoping to share this small idea. The word yahoo is unappealing to my eyes. I think it would be much more alluring to see a simple "Y" symbol or graphic at the top left of the screen instead of the entire word "YAHOO!".Or maybe not have every letter in caps, like a logo tweak that makes the name seem less abrasive.

Thank you for you consideration and great work! :)

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Left side list of folders is now too narrow, hard to see my titles and find the folder I want as easily as before

Same description as above. Widen the left side frame/column or make it draggable to adjust that frame/column to a wider width.

333rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Srace

Galaxcess &stars

1801st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. custom wallpapers for the background

Would be so much better if we could custom our own backgrounds! I mean even Gmail did that!

649th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Theme in Notepad - Not Available As a Mail Theme

I love the blueish-greenish background color that seems to be automatic in the 'Yahoo Notepad' and would like to use it as well in Yahoo Mail but I can't find it or anything like it as a 'theme' in mail. Am I missing something?

A Yahoo representative responded:

I just gone through the issue and the note pad theme which is coming is in Classic mail version but the account is in New mail version.

Since you have a Yahoo account through one of our network partners, you cannot access the Classic Mail any more. I can see how that'd…

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Animated backgrounds.

Most people I know would rather have real photo's than clip art guys. Now if you want to really sell this "new format", you could try animated backgrounds! Yeah, that's the ticket! Animation. Try being innovative for a change.

693rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Changes suck

This new mail theme sucks! The features behind the scenes should remain the same, no matter what version you are running. I had to upgrade to get "Filters" feature available. You give themes for color, but not enough options. So it looks sloppy. If I use IE, I get constantly popping-up script error.

378th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 231st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can Yahoo improve just about everthing? Try removing as much blue light coming through our screens. It , blue light, is highly damaging

Blue light, though highly visible, is highly harmful to human vision. Look it up and make the change.

1131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We need different colours for different accounts back!!!

Seriously, why on earth would Yahoo staff decide to remove this option?? Don't they use Yahoo email themselves?? Not impressed

378th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

can you please offer a Hanukkah stationary option to compose an email in?

1801st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text is too dim

The text is too dim no matter the color theme.

267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 284th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. the 'width of the ad section should be less wide; it takes up too much space and is only annoying!

so everyone agrees the add space is only annoying your followers--
    companies need to wake-up and stop annoying their clients with their invasive adds- terrance Sydney: who agrees?

274th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. wave mouse over account icon

Used to be able to wave mouse over account icon and the account email address would pop up. That's not working today.

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base