New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. .

Could we have black as a choice in settings for a theme, please? I have it in purple, but would prefer black, thank you

1710th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. too much border

How about dedicating a wee bit more space to what is supposed to be the main purpose of the page...email! So much real estate is wasted with borders and menus and let us not forget the huge ad running down the right side of my screen.

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Themes for mail

would like more options for themes especially colors. Liked it the way it used to be

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring new, modern, high resolution, trendy Themes & Background. Brings atleast 10 Colours for Folders

Suggestions:
    Bring new, modern, high resolution, trendy Themes & Background.
    Brings atleast 10 Colours for Folders

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. column on the right is wasted space

The settings across the top of the column could easily be moved elsewhere. After all the whole purpose of email is to be able to read it not to have it cut off by a poorly designed web page.

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Settings background and theme

Hi, I have 3 active yahoo email accounts all under my name. I would like to have individual settings for each of them. Like background and theme. Can Yahoo add that please? Thanks

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it look and act like it used to

Make it look and act like it used to. Indent subfolders. Take :"sort options" back out of the list of folders/subfolders.Give me back the colors I lioke -they're MUCH more readable, especially for people with vision problems. I still have my colors for calendar - are you gonna ***** that up next? YOU WILL NOT FORCE ME TO "PRO." I'll go to a new provider and import my yahoo mail to their interface.

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. White lettering on dark background is murder on the eyes

Classic Mail inboxes had black lettering on dark backgrounds. Please add an option for black lettering again. White type on dark is hard to read - any designer will tell you that.

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. color mailbox from Add on Mail Vendors

Please allow settings to apply to add on email boxes from other vendors so the colors can be different for each separate mailbox

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need darker checkbox outline and darker lines to separate each email.

The lines which separate each email are too light grey. They need to be darker to separate each email 'visually' from the next. It also helps when you are using a mouse to 'check' or 'uncheck' the boxes, etc.

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Theme in Notepad - Not Available As a Mail Theme

I love the blueish-greenish background color that seems to be automatic in the 'Yahoo Notepad' and would like to use it as well in Yahoo Mail but I can't find it or anything like it as a 'theme' in mail. Am I missing something?

A Yahoo representative responded:

I just gone through the issue and the note pad theme which is coming is in Classic mail version but the account is in New mail version.

Since you have a Yahoo account through one of our network partners, you cannot access the Classic Mail any more. I can see how that'd…

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desejos

Gostaria que pudesse usar uma foto minha como tema de fundo do E-mail e não só as opções do E-mai, pois de resto o Email está muito bom

1710th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Themes are old, dry and boring. Let us upload our own background, please

Using our own background photo (like gmail) is an easy change to implement. Please do this!

2369th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We need the old themes back

We need the old themes back.

2369th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On my Android, i can set unique colors for EACH account. I want the same to return on my PC. Each account, a different theme.

I want to set unique colors for EACH account on my PC. Each account, a unique and different theme color. It existed before, i like it to return.

2369th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How do I set a Sound for my yahoo email notifications

You used to be able to set a specific sound for Yahoo email notification. I have searched all your data base! Did this go away??
    Paulette J. Meeks

2369th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2369th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base