New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. include export feature

Need to be able to export email to PST or other format. I have a legal issue that I need it for now.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to edit the email title

I have stores email my receipts. I have a folder for each store. I use these receipts for different purposes especially for warranty status. I would like to locate the receipt I need without having to open each one. It would be nice if I could edit the title so I could tell which email I need to open.

203rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The Yahoo application for mobile phones works very very badly

Please correct the many malfunctions of your application for mobile phones, which makes it practically impossible to use!
    The new idea of putting together many messages by threads was a terrible mistake: now when I look for a single email that I sent to a single destinatary I don't find it anymore or I find it wrongly mixed with many other mails sent to other destinataries. This is terribly unpractical and confusing! Please restore the previous and more traditional version of the application for mobiles, because this one doesn't work at all.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why is Yahoo making it so difficult for me to transfer JPG photo attachments from email to Windows desktop without changing format???

A while back - to clear space on my Iphone, I emailed a bunch of pictures in Yahoo from my Iphone to myself in an effort to get them to my Windows computer so I can get them to a USB drive. BIG F'N MISTAKE because I since deleted these photos off my phone - this is before I found out that Yahoo has a goal to make it as difficult as possible to transfer photos to desktop without changing the JPEG format and picture date and info. Why doesn't it allow you to simply click and drag photos onto…

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please unbold/change color after message has been read

Right now I have a hard time sorting new mail and old ones. All the mail are important so I have to keep them. I don't find any problem with the old Yahoo (message become grey after read), but this new Yahoo format just make me confused. Please give the old Yahoo back, or please just change the color/format after message has been read. Thank you.

203rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Idea suggestions - Are any of the posted ideas actually implemented?

You have a ton of New Idea Suggestions posted. But why are they still posted? Are they implemented? Are the ideas rejected? There is no information about these ideas other than they have already been suggested. So do we suggest the same ideas again? Are the supposedly solved? There is no information about the status of posted messages. Simply tagging them as 'accepted', 'implemented', 'scheduled', 'deferred', 'rejected', 'repeated suggestion', any of these statuses would tell users what they need to know, and would probably prevent a lot of duplicate requests.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Deletion of all mail in inbox - 12 mos

Hello,
    Pretty upset that all my emails have been deleted from my inbox without consent or warning!! Especially at a time when I could not get to this inbox within 12 months during COVID-19 - with data use shortage. I didn't receive a warning on my cell phone, # un-changed and recorded with this email address. Not cool at all.
    Could you please have a way of extending this time limit or at least warning email users that it will be emptied? During these unprecedented times it is terribly unfair when you also do not allow free forwarding of mail.…

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. THIS SIGN IN WAS TOO LONG AN ********* GOT BETTER THING TOO DO THAN FIT WTH SIGN IN

HHAVE CHANGE THWE PASSWORD EVERYTIME I GO TOO SING IN NOT GOING TO DO THIS AGAIN WILL NOT USE AGAIN IF HAPPENS AGAIN

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Email Addresses Easily Selectable!!

Your attempt to be 'helpful' by making email addresses showing as 'contacts' with the address only showing in tool tips that disappear all the time, and that can't be focused or clicked on without it trying to 'compose new' Makes it near impossible to copy the *** thing to the clipboard!

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Stop advertising TRUMP Gold Coins. Trump is a Criminal POTUS, wait and see!

Everyone knows the truth by now but are not willing to admit it. Trump will be indicted sooner or later for one crime or another including laundering money from the Russians for more than 30 years.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get rid of large address column on right of screen

When I look at some messages, I seem to be stuck with a large, wide, empty column on the right side of the window. It just has the name of the sender and their contact info at the top, but it cuts off a significant part of the message. How can I get rid of this column? I can't find any setting or way to reduce it in any way.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Customize text in Notepad

I would like to customize text in notepad in the same way that I can when creating a new email.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change Mail Quick Action Button Order

Allow the user to re-order which quick action buttons appear on top of Inbox.

Currently, only "Archive", "Move", "Delete", and "Spam" are shown with "Mark as Read", "Mark as Unread", etc. are under the Meatballs Menu.

I'd like to be able to have my "Mark as Read" as one of those quick action buttons instead of something less used like Archive or Move.

If the recommendation is not to allow customization by user, I recommend making this change for all users to have the buttons as "Mark as Read", "Mark as Unread", "Delete", and "Spam"

21st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sort function

Please make it possible to use "Starred" as the default in the Sort function so it doesn't have to be done manually every time.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Blocking IP address

Yahoo should provide its customers with a way to block spams by blocking the spammer's IP address which It is wisely use for other matters. It would not matter if that entire country is blocked since the customer does not have any business there

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be very handy to be able to attach a sticky note to a received email

making a reply, payment, appointment, etc. It should show up whenever you view the email. Maybe the subject box would be a different background if a note was attached. I'm a retired programmer.

39th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. marketing

Respected Sir/Madam,
    Good Day
    I am SARMARAJ SEKHARAN, I would like to introduce some revolutionary ideas for Digital Media Marketing and Advertising. Now these days most of the people using Mobile phone especially Smart Phone for multipurpose. So the world is changing system is changing attitude adoption everything is changing.
    My idea is for Yahoo is you can allot a space for advertising above the search bar .

The brand or product’s Logo , Caption , Products , gif , wallpaper , banner can used in this allotted space for advertising. This method of adverting help the product’s ( whatever…

203rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 203rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Preview password protected pdf in desktop browser

In Gmail and Yahoo! mail app, we can preview password protected pdfs without downloading them. It would be nice if we can have this feature in desktop version.

203rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base