New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Page down while selecting

In the Classic view, I was able to select the top email, hold <shift>, page down however many times (up to 37 for 940 emails), then select the bottom email of my desired range. I am able to page down only once.

1328th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put the Delete etc links flush left again, and the Contacts link back on the left. Extra mouse mileage is inefficient and annoying.

Put the Delete etc links flush left again, and the Contacts link back on the left. Extra mouse mileage is inefficient and annoying.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move dialogue box

Increase the depth of the "Move" dialogue box so that it displays far more folders, to save one scrolling so endlessly.

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ad panel on the right is nearly a 1/2 inch wider than the old version.

The ad panel on the right is nearly a 1/2 inch wider than the old version which means I can't fully read my email unless I scroll over or click off the ad. Every single time! This is an improvement for your advertisers but not for me the user.

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Wasted Screen Space

I can't stand how the emails are separated by year. It's completely unnecessary and takes up too much space on screen. The year is already visible on the right hand side, I don't need a header on the left with the year they are from. Drives me nuts.

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop asking for 'recovery' phone #

Stop asking for 'recovery' phone numbers for my mail account. I'm not going to allow yahoo to monetize that as well. I give you one of the phony numbers used by robo marketeers anyway, so why bother?

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to Delete Messages from Email like Spam

I believe it would come in handy if there was an option to "delete all" email messages like there is for spam and trash. I have so many messages that I cannot find the important ones that I really need. I know it already has 100 set on there, However, not many people are going to sit there for hours deleting 100 emails at a time.

If you do not do a "delete all" at least make the number of deletes more than 100. I believe maybe 500 would be great.

Thank you all.

1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The Header should not move or scroll as you scroll down an email. You only need 1 star, that one in the Header. So I can * it anytime.

I save many emails to folders. Some get a star for a reason. You need only 1 star, the star in the header. For now, I have to scroll to top to check star before I save it.

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New email preview pane

RE: Appearance of new preview pane in emails:
    I do not like the preview of the new email.
    Added new first words of email content are not necessary, and cut off the full email header. I would rather a bolder, full email header, and no email content in the preview pane.
    Unread emails are not BOLD enough to show up clearly.

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to dowload and save at once multiple emails as documents?

Would consider having a command to address that need? I have been dreaming about publishing a compilation of my textes and poems for years. I would like to achieve that in a couple of years or so. My request for a zip copy of my emails a while ago is still not acknowledged. So, I began to copy and paste them today. Unfortunately, the system somehow forced me to stop by freezing the active mouse.
    Please help!!!!

2241st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add a settings option to put the delete icon (trash can) back between sender and subject

I just want the icon back where it was in the previous version of mail. The trash can is the feature i use the most in yahoo mail and it's much more convenient between the sender and subject. If you arrogantly assume that your users want things some certain way and don't give them options, you will alienate them. I am this far from switching to google mail after 20+ years of yahoo mail because features are so rigidly fixed and not to my liking. This is not the first time either -- there seems to be a management thing…

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. spam no longer flagged

now appears have to check the spam folder for new content rather than such being flagged

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. cannot view full headers/raw message on new desktop mail ; cannot FORWARD (without OPENing virus email)

Yahoo1011_hhh The function [View Raw Image] Does NOT work. Never, Never, Never OPEN a bad/malicious/virus email because you will regret the disastrous consequences. ATT needs to allow (ALL) emails to be FORWARDED, WITHOUT having to OPEN the bad email, to perform the FORWARD function. I need ability to (1) access the Entire RAW email [Header, with ALL the IP address info, & Body], (2) Copy the Entire RAW email, (3) activate the FORWARD function, (4) paste COPY of Entire RAW email, at top of the temporary area. (5) enter the [Send-To] address, (6) execute Send. EX: bad email is Extortion…

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. STOP COMMERCIAL ADS FROM YAHOO AS ITS ANNOYING THE PEOPLE AND CUSTOMERS, SINCE ITS ANTI PEOPLE ,,, BOGUS, AND MONEY MAKING, EVIDENCE IS BAJA

STOP THAHOE COMMERCIAL ADS IN YAHOO AS YAHOO LOST ITS CREDENTIAL, AND ALSO TAKING LHOONG TIME TO LOAD MAILS,,, IS YAHOO ALSO INVOLED IN THESE FRAUDS, WHY YOU ENTERTAIN SUCH FRAUD COMMERCIAL JOB PORTALS, ALL JOB PORTALS ARE THREAT TO SOCIETY,, EVIDENCE IS **
    LADDER IMMIGRATION ETC,, ALL FRAUDS,, CHEATING , SNATCHING MONEY,,, ETC,, ESCAPING

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BASIC MAIL for DIALUP users!!!

Yes - there are still those of us who have to use dialup internet. During the summer months, I reside in a rural location and dialup internet is the ONLY way I can view email (no cell service either). Classic mail was too graphics intensive to load on dialup, so I would switch to basic mail for the summer. Now, with the forced upgrade to New Mail, I have no option to revert to a service (i.e. basic mail) that I can actually use on dialup. This was one of the reasons I have been with yahoo for years, and…

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The selection box for mail is too frigging small. 90% of the time you select mail to delete it and the **** thing opens anyway.

The selection boxes for emails is too small. 90% of the time when selecting emails to delete or move the dang thing opens the email, losing the selections you just made. I use several email programs and only YAHOO has this quality problem. STOP OPENING EMAILS when selected. This email is a POC.

898th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. don't like ads and don't like being threaten that I have to see them or spend more money

I will do away with this e-mail if this does not stop. What happened to you?

1123rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Visually Accessibility

Ok, I have in the past hated your attempts to update and have gone back to Classic View and I thank you for having that option, or I'd have been unable to read and there for use Yahoo after many happy years.

I'd like to say Thank You, I can read my screen without a headache kicking in.

I wonder if you can do something about the blured text on the inboxes, the text is out of focus and fuzzy? any idea's other wise this is OK.

Regards

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. deleting emails

It would be great if there were more specifics for deleting old emails. I save emails in folders and they add up over time. I'd like to go in and delete ones maybe within specific dates. For example, delete all emails in this folder between January 5, 2016 and January 5, 2017. If I have to select 'all' or one of the options currently given, then I have to spend a lot of time sorting through the entire folder to find the ones I don't want deleted (like recent ones or initial ones.) Thx.

1636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You also removed the time on the e-mails and many times that is very important.

Put the time of the e-mail back on there. Many times that is very important!!!

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base