New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. conditional formatting

I would like to have conditional formatting available. This would help me quickly see emails from PEOPLE and help me know miss things in all the junk that comes everyday.

2440th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How do I stop ads been played on an empty folder? Don't have a great deal of memory.

How do I stop ads been played on an empty folder? Don't have a great deal of memory.

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to NOT auto open next mail

Need an option to NOT auto open the next email after deleting one. This used to be available in the the classic mail, but seems to be missing from the new version. I have searched all the settings for it.

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back shift+3 (#) to delete

Sure there is a "delete" key, but many of us keyboard users can use the right hand to navigate and the left hand to # delete. The delete key is buried way over on the right side of the keyboard.

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Preview of attachments isn't working

As mentioned below by others, the preview of attachments isn't working. I'm posting this myself as I see that the advice given by the mail support person is completely unhelpful:

"If you click on the box for the attachment it will open in preview mode. If you click below the box it will download the attachment.

Thank you!
    Mail Support".

I think anyone letting you know that the thing isn't working has already tried to open it. Ditto the advice of another support person:

"If you still find that the issue is happening, please see this help page for troubleshooting: …

341st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. fake draft with adds

Yahoo shows (1) draft in my Drafts folder. I click on it, and the page says at the top there are zero messages in the folder, but THERE IS A VIDEO ADD. (A YAHOO ADD, NOT A MESSAGE, SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DRAFT FOLDER VIEWING PANE) This is baiting me to look into a folder so you can put up a full size add in the middle of my screen, right in front of my face without me clicking on anything. There's enough add space available without diving right into auto-launch videos triggered by YAHOO's false reporting of…

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. entries are squeezed together and hard to read now!

This has been happening for about a week or more now - the emails that are underneath the wonderful 'ads" now are squeezed underneath it so its not only hard to read the header on the email but hard to get to it to open it! This happens at all the ads you have added into the email box! Also you can barely see the last entry in the email listing as well. Same thing happens but you cant scroll down far enough to see the last one. I hope you can fix this - its very annoying

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adjustable margins

There's so much dead space around the edges. Because I can't adjust the margins, and, it makes it very difficult to read on different computers and different size screens. I don't want to have to scroll back and forth across the screen time I want to see a whole email at once. And the left nav bar is so thin, I can't see the full names of folders. PLEASE let us adjust so we can view mail in a sensible way.

198th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add sorting/ranking for notepad

There hasn't been an update to notepad for ages. Can you consider adding sorting, even the most basic sorting, to notepad, so you could sort notes by date, as oppossed to having them listed from oldest to newest by default. Or rank feature, so you could manually move some notes to top?

1754th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. search

Search function does not search the Trash folder when set to "All Mail". Is this by design? It seems it should search across all folders - seems intuitive, since the "All" option precedes all other options.
    Repro steps:
    1. Delete an email that you just received, thus sending to the Trash folder.
    2. In the search bar, search for one of the words found in the subject of the email you just deleted.
    3. The search results will not contain your email that was just deleted.
    4. Now click the down arrow for the extended search options
    5. Change the…

764th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make it simple to attache files !! - it is rubbish

make it simple to attache files to mail !! - it is rubbish

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Degraded behavior in folder view when moving to new yahoo mail: message time, rightclick operations

Hi, I sent this feedback when I switched back from “new” to “classic” around Apr 2018, and apparently this wasn't changed.
    Now that the switch to "new" is mandatory I am posting again here.

1) In "classic" I can hover over the date column (e.g. in the inbox) and see the time and not just the date; in "new" it is always hidden by the trash icon upon hovering.
    2) In "classic" when I rightclick on an email (e.g. in the inbox) I get Yahoo Mail options such as reply, forward, etc; in "new" I just get the browser rightclick…

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. need @ymail.com instead of @yahoo.com please!!!!

need @ymail.com instead of @yahoo.com please!!!!

1211th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I want the reading pane to be blank when I choose

In the old Yahoo mail when I clicked the inbox icon to refresh the reading pane went blank. This is good for privacy in case of shoulder surfers please can we have it back.

2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why am I getting Yahoo news via email... ?? How can I stop it.

Why am I getting yahoo news via email. ?? How can I stop it.

1211th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. filters

Filtering my email was so much easier when we could do it directly from the mail list. Please bring back that feature! It was the only thing that made me keep this as my primary email.

370th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base