New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. filtering mail is incredibly worse. return to the old way!!!

The old way of filtering was as good as it could be. The new way - with going to a new page and having to type in the filter conditions (which I can't seem to copy from the headers now. What's with that?) in a word: Sucks!! Return it to the old way!!

176th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. priority inbox

Gmail has a priority inbox, why doesnt yahoo? I need certain emails to come to the top, I have been missing tons of emails. Your fake mailboxes dont work. I cannot get them to work to use for mailing lists etc

646th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. coupon view blocks the email

I can't see the email that I was sent because the coupon view is trying to extract the deals in the email, so all I see is a blank email.

413th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. scroll

When I scroll within an email it keeps jumping back to the top.

407th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Keyboard shortcut to show images

It would be very helpful to have a keyboard shortcut that toggles the "Show Images" option in email messages.

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Top Results

Top Results

Kill Top Results for all the reasons stated in the other comments. I'm posting the very same issue because It seems I couldn't vote for more than one comment and someone has to drive this point home so that you understand that "Top Results" does not enhance your email product at all. Email users are capable of determining for themselves what incoming mail is "top" to them. Don't flatter yourself - you have no idea.

352nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. font choices

There needs to be more font choices

206th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop the inbox list refresh. Very annoying

Stop the auto refresh are you kidding me. Who thought this was a good idea.

963rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. let us change yahoo ID or email address

i was actually trying to change the yahoo ID or email address i don't want a additional yahoo ID

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multiple filter values in any of the filter classes

Multiple filter values in any of the filter classes.

Ex:
    Filter Name: Family
    From: Contains: test.smith@test.com; test2.smith@test.com; test3.smith@test.com

Even though the family is not that interesting, they at least have a small domain, and the feature is very useful for little Test3.
    Also the same concept could go for the other filters.

728th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. disposable email addresses

When replying to an email addressed to a disposable email address, the disposable address used to auto populate. Now the base address - that I do not want to use for anything - shows up. Wrong!

381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Privacy violation and more...

3 things I'd ask Yahoo to change:

1. I did not give to Yahoo my phone number, and I did not give any permission to show it publicly. Never. I even purposely keep my old fashion cell phone, and don't use in it the internet browser. So where and why did you get my phone number? And how can I remove it from my email account (can't find such option)? Yahoo is severely violating my privacy + is giving an opportunity to do that to all spams & etc. Please fix this situation.

2. Please keep old Emojis, as they were funny…

452nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When can we get Yahoo Mail Pro in Canada?

I can upgrade my Yahoo mail app to Pro, but not the browser-based email in Canada.

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. By allowing to sort by recipient in the sent box

Cannot sort mail by recipient in the sent box. They are usually all sent by the same person.

381st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 963rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2440th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Customer Service!

Phone, email, I'll even take Chat! What is this, Facebook? When you offer a service, you need Customer Service!!!

539th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. spam

Why do items that are sent to your spam folder now still have embedded links active? In the old mail, any links in an item (which are usually bogus or even dangerous) were not active to click on, as a safety measure. If they really were not spam, you would move them to the inbox (or some other folder, I guess) and then you could use the links.

281st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back the ability to view raw messages before e-mail is opened.

In the old version there was an option to view the raw message before opening the e-mail. In the new mail this option only appears once the e-mail has been opened. As other posts have said it is important to be able to see what might be lurking inside a dodgy e-mail before it is opened. Please bring this option back.

413th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

It would be helpful if You could locate all my email accounts via my IP address

1754th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base