New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when I view photo in mail it is so far to the right I can't see the whole photo

fix preview photo so I can see whole photo not just half of it

2606th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. ARE YOU THERE ?? Why can't I click on more than one incoming e.mail at a time to delete en masse instead of individually ????

ARE YOU THERE ?? Why can't I click on more than one incoming e.mail at a time to delete en masse instead of individually ????

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put SEND and ATTACHMENTS at the top!!!!!

Put SEND and ATTACHMENTS at the top!!!!!

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please stop the "news notfications" that are now popping up in lower right corner while I am looking at emails.. VERY annoying..

Need to be able to opt out of receiving the news notifications that are seen in the little bell in upper right corner of home page. They are popping up in lower right corner of my email page when viewing emails and must be deleted as each one pops up./ VERY ANNOYING!!!!

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. There's too much space at the bottom of the screen.

When i have the preview pane set to bottom and i drag the middle divider up, the preview pane itself doesn't change size and i get a blank panel at the bottom. wasted space that should be used by the preview pane.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Downloading attachments

Zip file name should include the mail's subject and date instead of being "archive" only.
    e.g.
    e-mail's subject_20190214

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please continue to support Chrome 49 for Mac OS

I have an older Mac running an older version of Chrome 49. I cannot upgrade it because I cannot upgrade my Mac OS at this time.

Yahoo Mail works just fine in Chrome 49. Please DO NOT stop support of modern Yahoo Mail.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When you reply, put in the history the full header of the previous message

When you reply, put in the history the full header of the previous message. Eg Currently, when someone emails me and others and cc's others, then when I reply, it currently puts in the history only the Sender. I would like to have in the history the full header so I know who else was Sent and who was cc'd. As a workaround, instead of Replying to a message, I Forward a message, so that the history has the full header. Then I manually delete the "FW:" and type "Re:"

972nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Darken check box borders.

Darken check box borders. They are hard to see.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. search

Search function does not search the Trash folder when set to "All Mail". Is this by design? It seems it should search across all folders - seems intuitive, since the "All" option precedes all other options.
    Repro steps:
    1. Delete an email that you just received, thus sending to the Trash folder.
    2. In the search bar, search for one of the words found in the subject of the email you just deleted.
    3. The search results will not contain your email that was just deleted.
    4. Now click the down arrow for the extended search options
    5. Change the…

732nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Position of message telling mail has been Moved/Read/Other

The way the message of Yahoo Mail appears telling me messages have been moved/read/deleted appears on top op de options to move, mark as read ec. making it difficult to do things and I have to wait for it to disappear before I can do anything. It takes seconds every time I want to do something. Make sure that the little window with messages about actions taken will not be ON the bar where the actions you can select are.
    Let Reply, Reply to All, Forward, Archive, Move, Delete, Spam and More always be visible and make the message of…

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default Mailbox

In the previous version I never saw my "@yahoo.com" mailbox. That was fine because I never used it for anything. This new version now defaults to that and I have to click to get to my business mail. I don't care about the "@yahoo.com" address. I would like to be able to go straight to my business mailbox.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I wish more than anything you would remove the checkmark from "Keep me signed in" as a default.

It's really offensive that you think people want to stay logged into this site. Why not leave it blank and leave it up to us, your users, to decide this for ourselves. It's rude and patronising. And so annoying that every single time I log in I have to uncheck the box and it doesn't stay that way.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. conditional formatting

I would like to have conditional formatting available. This would help me quickly see emails from PEOPLE and help me know miss things in all the junk that comes everyday.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How do I stop ads been played on an empty folder? Don't have a great deal of memory.

How do I stop ads been played on an empty folder? Don't have a great deal of memory.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back shift+3 (#) to delete

Sure there is a "delete" key, but many of us keyboard users can use the right hand to navigate and the left hand to # delete. The delete key is buried way over on the right side of the keyboard.

2606th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Preview of attachments isn't working

As mentioned below by others, the preview of attachments isn't working. I'm posting this myself as I see that the advice given by the mail support person is completely unhelpful:

"If you click on the box for the attachment it will open in preview mode. If you click below the box it will download the attachment.

Thank you!
    Mail Support".

I think anyone letting you know that the thing isn't working has already tried to open it. Ditto the advice of another support person:

"If you still find that the issue is happening, please see this help page for troubleshooting: …

337th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base