New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want the old format back.

I want the old format back. Too much bother with this one.

6th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  533 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you sue Yahoomail! for holding emails *******?

Can you sue Yahoomail! for holding emails *******? for payments to remove ads?

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Where are my old emails , chats and archives. They were priceless and I am shocked to see an empty inbox with few recent emails only.

Where are my old emails , chats and archives. They were priceless and I am shocked to see an empty inbox with few recent emails only.

1328th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Yahoo mail won't acknowledge enter/return.

I can't start a new paragraph. Yahoo won't acknowledge the return/enter key. My keyboard works properly in all other programs so it appears to be unique to Yahoo.

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Mail Format is tiring to work in. Especially forwarding with attachments

Before, in classic mail, when you forwarded an e-mail you were given the option to change the subject directly, now you have to click on an arrow and click "edit subject" which then takes you to drafts. The problem here is, when you click on your attachment to preview it, it takes you BACK to the e-mail to preview which closes your "subject" line. If you try to edit the subject again it switches back to drafts and closes your attachment preview... did nobody test out forwarding..?

416th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New version is a downgrade missing lots of features, list below:

1. In an incoming email, lost the menu you would get when clicking on the sender address. No fast way to add to the contacts, search email from, etc.

2. When sending emails. "Add photos from recent emails"

3. When sending emails. "Add several files from from recent emails"

4. When sending emails. "Share files from cloud providers"

5. Customize the interface to avoid the icon with the monogram near name or address of people in the From, To and Cc fields?

6. RTL support: In the previous version when typing Hebrew it would automatically sense it and change the writing direction to be from Right…

515th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. COPYING CONTENT FROM EXCEL

Please allow the user to copy/paste from source to yahoo mail and keep the format at the source. When copying from Word that has tab delimited columns the columns are no longer aligned in Yahoo mail. When copying from Excel the user should have the option of keeping the grid boxes.

515th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How to avoid Cloud?? Suddenly cannot send documents??

Documents easily uploaded last week are now blocked. this is HORRIBLE. Dropbox is awful. Cloud is AWFUL If yahoo forces this on us, I will have no choice but to find a new email account to avoid Cloud and Dropbox. I managed to get one email off. Then it got blocked on the second time.

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why can I not have the old email format without having to be forced to using useless **** that I am not wanting or desiring to use?

I want my old format. I had use for the older format. Now, I have to be pushing to add other useless **** in order to "bolden" my lettering and that does not get what I need. You're now have become nearly worthless. Perhaps Gmail has what I need?

1635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I HATE your new Yahoo email format!

I HATE your new Yahoo email. It was so easy to function in the Basic Yahoo email, now I am having a hard time simply attaching a picture to my email. When I am composing an email and click attach a photo, it deletes my email! The recipients are also having trouble with my emails.

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Email strings of original emails and multiple responses, are very hard to follow in your format

Email strings of original emails and multiple responses, are very hard to follow in your format. I have emails involving multiple persons. each time someone responds, all responses are included in the same email chain. It gets very difficult if one has to refer to a prior email - trying to find it is very difficult.

I think responses need to be separate emails as other Email Providers do

1635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Schedule send email

when will yahoo implement schedule send function? where you prepare a email at 2am in the night and schedule it for 8am next morning?? or on a later date?? email my future self next year. GOOGLE HAS IT! YOU MUST TOO.

679th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. attach an email

Need capability to attach an email (filed or in inbox) to an email you are composing or replying to.

1635th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Where can I change font size?

Where can I change font size?

Where do I find a way to increase the font size on messages. I've looked w/o success.

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. chanchai

อยากให้บ้านเมืองมันดีกว่านี้ทางเลือกก็มีไม่มากมันต้องเริ่มที่ตัวคุณเอง
    แล้วพอร่วมมือกันมันก็จะไม่ยากไม่ได้จะบอกให้เรามารักกันเถอะ โลก
    แต่ถ้าจะหวังพึ่ง ผู้นำเพียงคนเดียวแล้วนี่มันโลกของใคร

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. gmail has this feature where you can schedule your email to be sent later day or time, i hope yahoo can have option to schedule your email.

gmail has this feature where you can schedule your email to be sent later day or time, i hope yahoo can have option to schedule your email.

782nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yahoo Mail! broken

The latest update is broken. Will not let you Enter to a new line when Composing, only continues same line. Yahoo needs to fix itself and stop changing the good stuf that works!!

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I do not know what happened to you

I do not know what happened to your mail designs and additions for composing a letter. Fonts, signature mail settings , bold, italic ., colors etc. but you have removed them. Now it appears we have to pay, that seems really cheap of you. sorry

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. All good for me but i have a question

hi I would like to say why I can't attach my video for more than 2 min? is there have any way to do this? please let me know

2238th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base