New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. improve new email - GO BACK TO OLD FORMATT!!!!!!!!!!!

improve new email - GO BACK TO OLD FORMATT!!!!!!!!!!!

4th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  24 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Undo pop-up dialogue in the way of toolbar

When I delete a mail message, the "Message deleted UNDO" dialogue pops up and blocks further access the toolbar used to action the next message. You have to manually close this dialogue. I would prefer an option to disable this pop-up altogether. BTW - contacting support does not work in MS Edge.

19th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "looking for something? try searching for a person, business, or keyword" pop-up

lately, i've been seeing this pop-up whenever i highlight a long list of emails in my inbox:

"looking for something? try searching for a person, business, or keyword"

it is VERY annoying. i KNOW how to do a search in yahoomail. i've done searches many times in the past and will continue to do so in the future when necessary. however, seeing this dialog pop-up EVERY DAY and being FORCED TO CLOSE IT is VERY ANNOYING. every day i go through my inbox and delete unnecessary emails in bulk when i determine that they are not worth reading. i do…

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Up and Down Buttons to navigate to the next mail

Instead of up and down buttons to navigate to the next mails, you can provide left and right buttons. I personally feel they will be easier to understand which are the newer and older mails.

They could be similar to the arrow key shortcuts.

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. revert back to Classic Mode.

Need to revert back to Classic Mode.
    The current version is so user unfriendly and it causes many difficulties. Cannot even sort by Sender anymore :(((

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move me to the next UNREAD message when I am reading a message and I delete it.

Today, when I am reading an email and I click DELETE, I am displayed the next READ email. It should show me the next UNREAD email. Thank you.

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Put an inbox option at bottom of a opened email so if you read all of a email and don't want to delete, you can return to inbox without sco

Put an inbox option at the bottom of an open email to save having to scroll all the way back to top for option

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Search by Folder for Bulk Deleting

Outlook has supported this functionality for years. I can, for example, search for "American Express" and every email that has American Express in the title, body, and so on will populate. I may only want to delete the emails with my search that are in my Inbox versus those that I've tucked away. Including everything without a means to limit the folder completely negates the benefits of bulk deletion.

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please give a refresh button

Please please give a refresh button. It's so annoying to not have it. It takes off some anxiety from many people. Please bring that button.

80th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base