New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filters

You used to be able to "filter" emails straight from the body of the email. Now there's not an option for that. Instead you have to open the settings, create a filter, going back and forth to the actual message to create the filter. Bring back the option of "filter emails like this" in the body of the email.

31st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  77 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. delete contacts

My list of contacts on my mobile is enormous and I have not added most of them. This feature must have been built in and as yet there is no way to delete multiple contacts. I find this very annoying and if it is not solved soon I shall be deleting my email address and go with another provider.

548th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. disposable email address not working

I created about 10 disposable email address, every thing worked well for a week, but after that No one was able to send me emails on the disposable email address. I tried it myself and got the following error message - 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (notifysumit-sirion@yahoo.com) [-9] - mta4182.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT "RETURN ME TO CLASSIC MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED my Address Book displayed when I click on "To", "CC", or "BCC"!!!!! You have completely destroyed my entire afternoon!! I'll never be able to send an email to ALL the people I would like to send it to without seeing my address book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DisposableEmailAddresses

Hi, I have been using 'Disposable Email Addresses' feature within my Yahoo mail account for many years. In fact, that is the #1 reason why I continue to make Yahoo my primary email account. For the past 10+ hours, mails sent to any of my Disposable Addresses are bouncing back to sender with error message [554: delivery error: dd Requested mail action aborted, user suspended or mailbox not found - mta4461.mail.ne1.yahoo.com]. My main email account itself is working OK so I'm sure that my Yahoo user account has NOT been suspended. Please fix the Disposable Email Addresses issues quickly because…

1219th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DISAPPEARING EMAILS!!

For five days now new emails are disappearing within minutes of arriving. I changed my password, no difference. The only ones that remain are the ones from Yahoo. Please fix this!

1760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP ******* WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP..

WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP *** WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP.

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You've caused me to waste a ton of my time and have gotten me VERY ANGRY!!!!!

I was going to send an email to multiple contacts, but I can't see my list of Contacts when I click the "To" line. I'm so ANGRY now, I don't feel like
    sending it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Classic Mail ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!! Stop trying to "FIX" it!!!!! STOP FORCING ME TO USE A FORMAT I HATE!!!!!!

When sending an email to multiple contacts, I click on the "To" line, and a list of my contacts used to come up. It doesn't any more!!! WHERE IS IT???!!!!!

964th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I open an email and read down - it jumps back to the top all the time

Stop interfering when I am scrolling down and reading an email. The program keeps jumping me back to the top of the email.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  233 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SMTP protocol makes no provision for keeping sent emails. Yahoo keeps a copy regardless.

Yahoo now keeps SMTP sent emails (Like Outlook or IOS client) in SENT folder where it did not years ago. SMTP protocol makes no provision to do that. I already have my SENT emails in my Outbox. I use Yahoo SMTP to send alarms from my in home security cameras and this makes duplicates. Just provide option in Settings to NOT keep a copy of SENT emails when using SMTP

2460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1219th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. calendar event location/address links

When you add an event on the calendar it asks for a location, then it creates a broken link for that location which it emails to you and it is also clickable on the calendar..

Why not update the base code of that location link to

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=

instead of

http://rd.yahoo.com/calendar/event_detail/location+map/*http://maps.yahoo.com/#q=

That way when you click on the link you will end up on a search page that has links to maps that work.

1760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1219th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This sucks

I did not want to go to the new mail. I can not find my archive folder. The icon to switch to the new mail covered over my folders so now I have the new mail with the feed back covering the folders. This is totally messed up.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wrong language for GUAM

I had posted this issue earlier but it was moved under the wrong category. This isn't an issue with wrong region settings so please don't move it back to that again. I'll try to be clearer about our issue.

The regional settings are correct, however, Guam(GU) was mistakenly set to use the "Gujarati" language by yahoo. I'm guessing the confusion came from Gujarati having the same acronym as Guam, "GU"

My original request:
    Hello, I'm a systems administrator for Docomo Pacific, an ISP on Guam.
    It appears yahoo automatically sets the language to gujarati for users when accessing https://login.yahoo.com/

Guam…

2460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. search by attachment doesn't work

old version allowed search by attachments, but this function doesn't work any more.

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. disposable email addresses are getting rejected intermittently. Other times, it is working fine.

Disposable email addresses are getting rejected intermittently.

Other times, it is working fine.

====
    Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<gurusafe-gurdev@yahoo.com>:
    554: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a yahoo.com account (gurusafe-gurdev@yahoo.com) [-9] - mta4014.mail.gq1.yahoo.com

1760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base