New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block spam email domains

Please allow spam email blocking by domain again. I am getting hundreds of spam messages from the domain "yahoo-notice.appspot.com" among others with the local-part just a hodgepodge of characters. Blocking each one is ridiculous. Just let us block the entire domain. This used to be an option in Mail but now an error occurs that the address is invalid because there is no local-part listed.

559th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i dont like this mail

i can not ues this mail

138th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Classic Mail

I want the Classic Yahoo mail back as it was easy to understand and better.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add read and receive receipts for the senders

by adding a feature that you can review the status of an email by seeing who has received and read certain emails.

73rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  51 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Quit re-populating my contact list with contacts I have deleted. Leave them deleted!

When I delete a contact, I want it to stay deleted, not have you bring it back! Very frustrating.

730th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc

Allow sorting of contacts by last name, employer, location, etc. I can't BELIEVE that Yahoo was STUPID enough to remove contact sorting by last name. Also, a lot of my contacts disappeared with the new contact format.

436th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  433 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please restore the button for Classic mail. I don't want this version. Thanks! The button is missing.

Restore the Classic mail button. It is missing. People want the Classic format. This is a major thing...not a minor issue. Thanks!

133rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Former CONTACTS was much BETTER and User Friendly

TOO SLOW also NOT convenient, cannot ADD "ADDITIONAL or MORE INFORMATION" to the "CONTACTS", just NAME and EMAIL...NO Birthday/Address/Phone/Notes/Business Info/Other Emails/Website, etc...When you guys make changes and/or create "NEW Yahoo Mail UPGRADES"...You guys seem to SKIP or FORGET Important "DETAILS"...Like NOT thoroughly thought through or more like HALF-ASSED...Yahoo! Used to be WONDERFUL FOR MANY YEARS...then...lately...DOWN THE TUBES!!!...What happened??? I really prefer the OLDER VERSION,
    this one SUCKS and SLOW!!!...

380th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off grouping by received date

Add an option to disable grouping by received date. I already have the "list" and "small" options selected to fit as many emails as I can onto the screen, but the date grouping ends up wasting as much as half the space on unwanted headers. The date is already shown in list view, I don't need groupings as well.

762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't want upgrade!!!!

I don't want this upgrade. It's terrible and has too many extras that I don't want. All I want is the simple email that I had.

144th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Horrible!!!Slow! Ready to leave Yahoo all together!!!!

The new Yahoo Mail is horrible! Slower than the 7 year itch! No Block button! Why was it changed? It certainly is not an improvement! Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  52 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop asking me to accept the new privacy terms

Every single time I log in to my email since April 11, 2018, I have to accept or dismiss the new Yahoo Oath privacy terms. Please make that stop. I've accepted multiple times.

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  96 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spam is not filtered or blocked

You need to let us filter these @myip.com @emailverfy.com into the trash! Your filters don't do that and at best only put them in the Spam folder. You should also let us BLOCK messages from a specific site, not just the user name. I would like to block all these @myip.com emails but you don't let us do that. If you can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to use gmail for my real email and just let this yahoo account be for junk.

420th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You can remove the videos from the spam and trash folders

Remove the videos from the spam and trash folders. I HATE those videos. I have turned them off and the next time I check my mail they are back. Every time I empty spam or trash folders those disgusting videos start.

891st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Go to Next message after Delete option

Go to Next message after Delete option in Settings

970th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Recent change to calendar color

The calendar theme just changed from matching the mail theme to a horrid purple blue. Support says it cannot be changed. Please revert to having calendar theme match mail theme. URGENT.

1070th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I want BASIC MAIL back. New Yahoo Mail ******, Yahoo you should be ashamed of this garbage!

There's your FEEDBACK!!! Yahoo employees who designed this are and gave us new mail.

226th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow changing the disposable address base name

Please allow users to change the disposable address base name...

I was not warned that the name cannot be changed and am stuck with a base name I do not want and which makes the disposable address feature use less, though still needed...

630th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Contacts Information Field is now Invisible--Where is the CONTACT "Notes" Field?

Contacts Information Field is now Invisible--Where is the CONTACT "Notes" Field? Give us back our data--PLEASE!!!

445th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base