New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What has happened to your Android App? It takes up to two minutes to open, and the time delay has got worse and worse over the last month, o

Fix the Android App please. It takes up to two minutes to open, and has been progressably slowing down for more than a month

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add an option to add an email link or basic content to a new event to follow up.

Some emails require some research to get back to the sender. Such an email can be tagged to to do or an event in your scheduler to schedule the calendar to get back to them at a later time

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My email notifications Sucks

My email notification is turned off and I never turned it on in the first place, however I am now getting notifications. --- Yahoo needs to fix this.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

You would need to make sure that notification on both the Yahoo app and the mobile device are turned off. You can check this within the settings of the app.

4. Length of time for keeping emails in In Box

I keep certain emails in my In Box that I prefer to keep for more than 6 months and they disappear. I cannot find them. Only one month at time will be retained in my In Box for some reason. I want the option to choose how long to remain in IN BOX.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Emails will not disappear as long as the account is active.

If you are noticing that emails are being deleted this could be due to how the account is being accessed outside of yahoo.com or the Yahoo App.

We see this when a 3rd party email client such as Outlook or a stock mobile app is being used.

5. Do Not Delete ALL emails without warning user

I hadn't logged into this account for a while as it was getting bogged down with junk mail. However, my grandfather just passed and I had a lot of photos here as well as years of emails. I logged on to find out Yahoo deleted all of this history and memories. I understand wanted to clear space but you have my phone number and other email. Why wouldn't you warn me? This is so disheartening.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

I do apologize for your loss. Unfortunately when an account has not been accessed for a period of time it will become inactive and the contents removed.

By signing back in you did reactivate the account but those previous contests are gone and cannot be recovered.

6. Allow MS Outlook to download email messages & leave them on the server.

Just started receiving these messages when attempting to download my email messages using MS Outlook 365:

Task 'Bill Tan Investments - Receiving' reported error (0x80042104) : 'Your email server does not have the features required to allow messages to be left on the server.'

I have two accounts that won't work now. This is new; in the last week AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ANY ANSWER FROM YAHOO UNLESS YOU PAY FOR IT! F that!

I can read & send email via browsers or iOS however I cannot download messages from the server. I prefer to save my important messages…

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calendar is down

13 August 2019: Calendar is not loading on any browsers. Mail is working correctly,

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We are unable to replicate the issue. Please clear the browser cache and cookies and try again.

8. WRONG PHOTOGRAPH ON AUTO GENERATED CARD

When I put my cursor over my email address it shows an auto generated card with a photograph. I've no idea who this is, but it is definitely NOT ME.
    PLEASE CHANGE THIS

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. too slow

The new yahoo is too slow and cumbersome!!!!!! How did yahoo foul this up so badly! OMG, I'm ready to find a new email provider

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. authentication

Your two factor authentication is very busted. firefox gets into a loop. I need to switch to chrome after authenticating. Need to clean up cookies in the browsers, etc...and then start all over...

FIX THIS.

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. You win - I cannot work with this ****** client any longer - Yahoo Mail sucks the life out of me

I give up - you win. You lose a customer. I've been using Yahoo Mail for 15 years .. and every year you guys around with it and make it worse. I see hundreds of messages telling you how badly you rmail system sucks - and you do nothing
    I just lost 2000 messages because your "Move" option does not move anything - and your "Delete" option does not move messages to the Trash. I don't know WHERE moved or deleted messages go but it is NOT to a chosen folder or to Trash
    I will next try to forward

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I want to block a troublesome sender. How do I do it? I see no option in Settings.

Have an option in settings to block a sender. It's supposed to be there but it's not.

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change the name that appears on my outgoing emails

There is no way for me to change the name on the outgoing emails from our Yahoo Small Business account. I've tried all of the ways that the support team have given me, which look like they work until I send an email and the recipient still thinks they are talking with my boss instead of me. Solutions on the support site either don't work (https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Yahoo-Help-Community/ct-p/english), or are broken links (https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Tips-and-tricks/Sent-emails-show-wrong-name-in-Yahoo-Mail/td-p/445701/jump-to/first-unread-message). I'm pretty disappointed in this service that as far as i know we are paying $70 a year for.

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create an event from an email message

Enable the easy creation of an event from an email message. From an email message, I should be able to click a "Create event" button that creates a calendar event using the message body as the event info. I can then add/adjust the date & time, reminders, etc.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. images not showing anymore

WHEN I SEND SUMTHIN TO EMAIL NO IMAGES SHOW LIKE THEY USED TO

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Troubles downloading and printing on Mac

I can't download nor printing using Yahoo webmail with Safari on OSX. Please advise.

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Wrong Years on search results

When searching mail - by Starred, sent, etc., the returned list is in year groups, but each group has the WRONG YEAR as its header. My 2019 emails are headed 2018; 2018 mails are headed 2017 and so on. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep getting my yahoo verification code

Hi,

I keep getting verification code for my email from vietnam, when i didnt even ask to do anything for my email
    Could i trouble you to investigate i am worried that my email had been compromise

Warm Regards
    Sherlin

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Errors management

Enable file download please. Since a week or so this does not function.

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base