New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ******** Yahoo

I ask you to stop putting non-spam emails and you move my suggestion to something completely different. **** POOR!

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently you may have noticed an increase in email going to the Spam folder for senders using Office 365 and other Microsoft products. We are in the process of addressing this issue and expect it to improve over the next several days. Please keep marking the mail in the Spam folder as “not spam” or “ham” and that will help to correct the issue. Thanks for your patience.

2. Please reinstate Father's Day and Mother's Day to US Holidays.

Please reinstate Father's Day and Mother's Day to US Holidays.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Larry,

Thanks for mentioning this. We're happy to report that Father's Day and Mother's Day have been added back to the US Holidays. 

We appreciate the heads up!

Sincerely,

Yahoo Product Support

3. sso switch between personals and smallbusiness accounts

I use to switch between my personal email (@rocketmail history brand) and my paid small business accout (@aforsys.com) which was quite easy due to SSO. Ma professional account evolved without any communication nor support. I managed to switch in the PC browser with a bad login/logout cost.
    I'm not very happy the way this Verizon move is managed...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yahoo is no longer part of Verizon. For this issue, you'll need to contact the Verizon Small Business Essentials team at https://www.verizon.com/business/small-business-essentials, or call the support number at: 1-833-961-3535.

4. images in the email won't display since the other the day 02 August 2022

images in the email won't display since the other the day 02 August 2022

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Feature to block spam email

Yahoo mail was allowing a person to block spam email on a permanented base. By that I mean I could click on the 3 dots next to the spam link and I was given a choice of a choice to stop these types of emails from being sent to my email address. This was working great and now that feature has been removed. Why? You were able to look at the email ID and or the URL and see that it was going to cause malware. Why was this removed?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi. If the limit of 1000 blocked addresses has been reached, the option will disappear from the drop-down.

Spammers are constantly evolving their practices and blocking their email addresses does not help, as they are mostly sending emails from spoofed addresses or they send the same content but from different email addresses, which makes it look like they are coming from the same email address.

Marking them as Spam teaches your personal filter to recognize them as Spam. I'm sorry there is no quick fix for this issue!

6. Stop cluttering my calendar with ALL of the "special days". I am not interested in them even if you are and they cannot be deleted.

Just this week (typical) there is "Soverneignty Restoration Day" and "Barack Obama Day on my calendar. I do not want those kind of stuff cluttering my calendar!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. In the full view of the Yahoo Calendar, you can unfollow the holidays you do not find relevant for you, by clicking the drop down arrow from the left side menu from the My Calendars or Holidays. 

7. unsubscribe

I didn't see this mentioned previously, so here it goes... I have a ridiculous number of emails -- in particular of political ads -- which (rightfully) wind up in my SPAM folder. However, I really would like to UNSUBSCRIBE from these mailings to stop receiving them altogether. The problem: You seemingly cannot click on the "unsubscribe" button in emails sitting in your SPAM box. You have to go through the trouble of hitting MOVE to get the offending email into you INBOX and only then can click on "unsubscribe." Is this something Yahoo can fix, i.e., can you let people…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Contacts listed as potential spam

I do not understand why emails from people in my contact list are listed as potential 'spam'.
    I get the red warning message on quite a few of my contacts, even ones I email regularly. They are clearly in my address book. I can even edit the contacts, which I tried in order to save them, to no avail. They keep being flagged.
    Then, on the other hand, so many emails that ARE spam, are finding their way into my inbox. Anything that is clearly spam should not even reach a spam folder, it should be stopped right at the…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Recently you may have noticed an increase in email going to the Spam folder for senders using Office 365 and other Microsoft products. We are in the process of addressing this issue and expect it to improve over the next several days. Please keep marking the mail in the Spam folder as “not spam” or “ham” and that will help to correct the issue. Thanks for your patience.

9. Changing Birthday

It is bothering me that I cannot change my birthday. As said in other ideas, I have been using this email for years, it would be much easier to be able to change my birthday rather than have to make a new account and resubscribe and change my emails on many matters. Even if you only have one chance to change it - it would be so much easier!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ymail

I got hacked on Instagram and the only way to recover my account is from my ymail account. But it was deleted due to being inactive, & I cannot sign up new ymail account also. Why creating ymail at first if you're going to neglect the old users about it? Please help me to at least sign up a new ymail account

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. reminders

I see many do not want reminders, however if it is switchable on or off with controls such repeat with a set date or not , it has a value. I need a way or reminder to follow-up on sent or received emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Do Not Deactivate Accounts/IDs that are in use but do NOT show recent activity!!

I was recently disconnected from my ministry/encouragement Facebook page using **@yahoo.com I NO longer have access to my (FB)page because my active email (used daily) was deactivated for inactivity????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. my email account is *@yahoo.com....I wish to not have yahoo plus anymore....what steps are needed in order for this

i wish to not have yahoo pllus anymore...what needs to happen next....lets get this done

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. NO EASY WAY TO CHANGE PASSWORD!!!

FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS TO CHANGE PASSWORD THERE IS NO OPTION TO CHANGE IT ON YOUR SECURITY HOME PAGE
    STEP: Change your password
    From a desktop or mobile web browser:

Sign in to the Yahoo Account security page.
    "Click Change password."<- WHERE IS IT?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

In case you have the account key enabled on the account, the option to reset your password will be disabled. Please temporarily turn off the account key then go to the same page and the option to change your password will be available. 

15. Some e-mails are being downloaded to my Windows 10 Laptop mail client in a 'raw' HTML format. They're okay on the website or the Mobile App.

Some e-mails are being downloaded to my Windows 10 Laptop mail client in a 'raw' HTML format. They're okay on the website or the Mobile App

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Once "keep me logged in" on MAIL ACCOUNT is selected, then provide A WAY TO STOP IT!!!

Once "keep me logged in" on MAIL ACCOUNT is selected, then provide A WAY TO STOP IT!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. why can't i receive the confirmation code from facebook.

why can't i receive the confirmation code from facebook.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re trying to regain access to a social media account using your Yahoo account, but aren’t receiving the recovery email, you may be using a recycled Yahoo email address. Your old Yahoo account may have been closed due to inactivity, and later that same username became available again for you or any new user to claim as their own. To prevent identity theft, Yahoo may not allow recovery emails to be sent to recycled email addresses. In this situation, you can only reach out to the third-party company for more help.

18. phone number for recovery. don't have a cell or mobile phone

Please accept a landline phone for recovery. I don't have a Cell or mobile phone and don't plan on getting one. Says it's now required when an alternate email should be enough. If a phone is required, then accept a landline as well. There should be a choice. If a phone is required, make it accessible for all

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In the current version of Yahoo you are required  to provide a mobile phone number to protect your online safety. It's important to have updated information should you ever need to change your account settings, reset your password or contact Yahoo customer support.

19. firefox shuts down

Recently my yahoo mail tab in Firefox has started shutting down automatically when I'm in working in mail.... wether I'm arrowing up/down, moving emails to folders, or downloading attachments.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some suggestions that might help. Start with the first step, then see if your problem is resolved before moving on to the next.

1. Clear your browser's cache.
    2. Update your browser.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Make sure that JavaScript is enabled.
    5. Disable browser enhancements.
    6. Temporarily disable antivirus, antispyware, and firewall products.
    7. See if the Yahoo service works from another computer or mobile device.
    8. Reset your browser to default settings.
  20. I would like to be able to add fonts to my email.

I would like to use fonts I have on my computer in my emails.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Show off your style by changing the default font type and size in Yahoo Mail. When scrolling through the font options, you'll see a message preview to the right to show you what the font will look like.

1. Click on the Settings icon | click on More Settings .
    2. Click on Writing email.
    3. Under "Default rich-text font" select your preferred font style and size.
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base