New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. better Spam Filter

spams feels like a perpetual cycle, a few somehow keep coming even after they have been marked as spam.
    the best part new ones keep popping up all the time just like they are sharing info and keep *******

55th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Go back to my old format; ability to print the whole page from the drop-down and ability to open my attachment before sending my email.

Go back to my old format; bring back print option in the drop-down; ability to print the whole screen; ability to open my attachment before sending my email; and there are emails I couldn't read the whole page and had to move the bottom bar. My husband said he can do all these with gmail. Why make changes that make things difficult and time consuming?

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  36 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. all the backgrounds are too dark and the white background is too bright

provide some pastel coloured backgrounds which are more restful on the eyes, particularly for more elderly users!

159th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New version is a downgrade missing lots of features, list below:

1. In an incoming email, lost the menu you would get when clicking on the sender address. No fast way to add to the contacts, search email from, etc.

2. When sending emails. "Add photos from recent emails"

3. When sending emails. "Add several files from from recent emails"

4. When sending emails. "Share files from cloud providers"

5. Customize the interface to avoid the icon with the monogram near name or address of people in the From, To and Cc fields?

6. RTL support: In the previous version when typing Hebrew it would automatically sense it and change the writing direction to be from Right…

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block addresses by domain name

Blocking individual addresses does little to stop the plethora of SPAM these days. If we can add a block by domain name feature, this would help cut down on repeat spammer domains.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  63 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New Mail Format is tiring to work in. Especially forwarding with attachments

Before, in classic mail, when you forwarded an e-mail you were given the option to change the subject directly, now you have to click on an arrow and click "edit subject" which then takes you to drafts. The problem here is, when you click on your attachment to preview it, it takes you BACK to the e-mail to preview which closes your "subject" line. If you try to edit the subject again it switches back to drafts and closes your attachment preview... did nobody test out forwarding..?

411th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transitioning back to Classic does not work the ability to do so needs to be reinstated

Allow users to transition back to classic. The new "look" is a disaster. Having to go all the way to the BOTTOM of an email string to reply? WTH thought that would be a good idea?

321st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The new contact list update is super confusing.

It doesn't alphabetize any of the lists and is really hard to read or find any contacts you're looking for.

545th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Print contact lists and group lists

How do I print my contact list or group lists. I have not been able to find a way to do that..

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to have editing choices for my emails to make them more printer friendly.

Have the editing options of font size, copy, paste, etc. in email to make them more printer friendly.

1106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. spam

Spam folder does not update item count until the folder is actually slected.

Since Yahoo has the habit of flagging my legit mail as spam (50% of what get flagged as spam is not), I need to know when I have new items in my spam folder. The count indicator does not update until after I've opened the folder for 10-20 seconds. So that means I need to manually check my spam box more often than my inbox so I don't miss mail.

This is basic functionality that was lost with the forced move to the "improved" interface.

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. email groups

You need to be able to click on a contact and see what lists (or groups) they are a part of. I have groups of 40 to 50 contacts that sometimes need to be moved from one list to another, but I have no way of knowing what lists a contact is on without reading through all of the contacts in each of my 5 lists.

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. new contacts list

When I go to the contacts list I want to see ALL the names on the list not just a few for each letter of the alphabet with X more if I click on that tab

YOU have no right to decide who should appear on my list and who should be hidden from view

please stop messing with things, old system is better, new system is garbage!

506th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove the 'Visit Site' link from the top of my emails

I note today that my emails now have a "Visit Site" link at the top of each and every one. I guess that no-one at Yahoo has tested the usefulness of this update whilst using a slow internet connection! Let me tell you it is absolutely awful, since it loads up well after the rest of the email content and causes the page to return to the top after I have scrolled down to view the content. PLEASE AMEND this terrible update... either remove it as it's utterly useless (if the sender wants me to visit their website, there WILL…

2762nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alphabetize by last name

I want contact list alphabetized by LAST names not first names.

267th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Dump unnecessary views

Get rid of Deals, Travel, Purchases, Groceries, etc and definitely get rid of all the **** pop ups

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like the, "search" box to return to my email Inbox.

I would like the, "search box" to return to my email inbox.

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. COPYING CONTENT FROM EXCEL

Please allow the user to copy/paste from source to yahoo mail and keep the format at the source. When copying from Word that has tab delimited columns the columns are no longer aligned in Yahoo mail. When copying from Excel the user should have the option of keeping the grid boxes.

515th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. blocking domain

I want to block a domain. Blocking the email address does no good because the spammers just use another name each time.

319th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  19 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. font size

I want the font size of the inbox to be larger. I do not want to zoom in especially for yahoo mail and then have to zoom out again for every other webpage that I use. It is bizarre that the font on this yahoo page is larger than the font in the new inbox.

288th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base