Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2929 results found

1. how do i get full featured mail. I don't have a gear icon to change.

I don't have a gear icon in the top right corner

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Your computer or browser settings could make it difficult to use Full-featured Yahoo Mail. If your system doesn’t meet these requirements, you’ll be automatically switched to Basic Mail for better performance. More details here: help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15090.html

2. Where did the option to see the headers go? I USED that!

1. Where did the option to see the headers go? I USED the "headers" option to see where people were so I wouldn't get scammed. It worked, every time, and I turned several people in to the authorities. I do NOT like what Verizon has done with Yahoo!

2. Where did my disposable email addresses go? I do not see them, and your "help" response was not helpful in the least!!

3. By the way, your response to taking away online Yahoo Games, which was to keep up with the times and help people socialize MORE is exactly backward. It took away MILLIONS…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. delete email after deleting from trash

On my dashboard, it says I have 331 emails. It is a history of emails for the last 4+ years. I want to delete forever any and all emails and not have any email saved. Thanks

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there. Once you have deleted your emails from the Trash folder as well, they will remain on our servers for 7 more days (you can recover them in this time frame). After 7 days, you emails are deleted forever.

4. where is my trash folder

where is my trash folder

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Trash folder is located on the left side menu. You can delete emails by clicking on the Trash icon that appear on the right side of your emails (while you’re hovering over the list) or by selecting an email then click Delete.

5. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I lost my original account (************)

********is the same person as ********. I am now having to work on computer or tablet instead of my android phone. You have mistakenly started me a new student instead of one with 195 consecutive days of work (not counting the 23 plus 3 days lossed due to Internet problems). Again, as of today 26July I have 195 day and I use *as my user name. My email address is**************** or ****************. Sprint has asked me to do this work on anything
    other than my phone due to plan usage. Please connect the dots Pegianne is GiGi.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

If you encounter issues with your yahoo account please use the contact us form on the help pages (help.yahoo.com) to get in touch with one of our support agents.

7. "Trash"/"Deleted" e-mails

I'm trying to figure out how to keep ALL of my deleted e-mails that are in my trash. I found out that if I delete an e-mail, that deleted e-mail is only in there for a couple days. I looked everywhere to try to figure out how to change that with NO luck. I've even tried sending an e-mail to "help" and I can't even do that.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mailer-Demon

I am all for trying to stop spam, but I am about to leave yahoo completely!! I am trying to send emails to colleges and the mailer-demon keeps rejecting the email saying suspicious activity! There is no suspicious activity and it is starting to **** me off!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Homepage

Homepage has to be Yahoo in order to use your email and that is wrong, I'll be leaving immediately!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I save a draft email, the "new message" alert pops up.

When I save a draft email, the "new message" alert pops up. It's a draft I've created, it's not a new incoming message. I have to check the inbox every time to see if it's a new message or a false alarm.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is not improved, but ********.

Can you please advise what improvements you've made to Yahoo Mail? All I can see are neglected things, such as removing drag n drop of attachments, omitting keystrokes, and slow performance. Sigh!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every message I try to send is flagged as looking like spam and rejected. INCLUDING one with the single word test to a gmail account.

Every message I try to send is flagged as looking like spam and rejected. INCLUDING one with the single word 'test' to a gmail account.

There appears to be no way to get out of this. 25+ year old account is now useless.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deleted emails on iphone keep coming back

For some reason, when I delete emails from my iphone, they come back. I can never keep up with my inbox since I get inundated with new emails and recently deleted emails. I can't keep up. I am thinking of switching to gmail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. URL in calendar not linkable?

URL in a calendar event should be clickable

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please stop the mail popups!!

I hate those email popups showing that I have email when I am on another site. They are aggravating as ****! I am about to change my email to a different server. I don't need to know constantly that I have email.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Inbox button with envelope icon not working!

Screenshot: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D961aI8XYAAJAf3?format=png&name=360x360

Open this link and then click the icon in the form of an envelope.

search.yahoo.com/search;ylt=AwrE19WBQhJddx8AFh5XNyoA;ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA3NmcARmcjIDc2ItdG9wBGdwcmlkAwRuX3JzbHQDMARuX3N1Z2cDMARvcmlnaW4Dc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAzAEcXN0cmwDMTUEcXVlcnkDd2VhdGhlciUyMGNoYW5uZWwEdF9zdG1wAzE1NjE0Nzc3ODM-?p=weather+channel&fr2=sb-top&fr=sfp&guccounter=2&gucereferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&gucereferrersig=AQAAAAm-gkEnB0kWSPKueRHumRFIXoitfsHNkigHg6Gm58grmrDjvLfucQ0y4H-6Ggll9tbvKn5TmJDs5yP8ufTWdjh88QvZO29a-gmIZyOmS7guiDb29Jv6I1wIJSv80OIwRp5r46HxTmacGTm7eooOiwMtlK8rvmkLGNMibbTnd

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there! Thanks for your report, I will make sure to pass it along to our engineers. As a work around, please go to mail.yahoo.com to access your Yahoo Mail account directly or type yahoo.com and then click on the envelope icon from the top right corner.

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please reach out to us on Twitter (@YahooCare) or on Facebook look for the Yahoo Customer Care page and send us a private message. We would like to look more into this.

18. Eliminate the link preview when writing a email

The preview is very annoying and in my opinion unnecessary. I have already turned it off in settings but it keeps popping up. Please eliminate this feature or at least fix so when it is turned off it doesnt show up at all

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reaching out. Please go to “Settings” – “More Settings”- “Writing email” and make sure that the “Automatically generate a preview of links” box is unchecked. Thanks!

19. Starred email becomes un-starred!?!?!

I had several starred emails and all of a sudden they all became UN-STARRED.....WHEN ARE YOU FIXING THIS CORRUPT MESS YOU CALL AN EMAIL SERVICE?!?!?!?!?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I don;t want to have to put in an account key everytime I sign in. My husband and I set up a joint account...

I don't want to have to sign in with an account key everytime I log in. My husband and I set up a joint "family" email that we use for the kids' activities, school, joint bills and rewards programs (think promotional % off emails and coupons as well as our amazon prime, etc.) This account key thing can only be linked to one phone at a time so it royally messes up our system. Especially when you have to wait. We already have a password...I don't need yet another layer or more complication in our lives. It's super annoying.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We recommend account key as a more secure form of verification but we recognize that it may not be convenient for everyone. Please note that you can disable account key and return to password sign in. Please see the steps to do so below:

Manage Account Key from a web browser

- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
    - By “Yahoo Account Key,” click Manage.
    - Click the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
    - Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.

Manage Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app

- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon.
    - Tap the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon..
    - Tap Manage Account Key.
    - Tap the toggle to…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base