New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo's "Give Feedback" & "Unsported browser is blocking the bottom left side of my menu

Please reposition "Give Feedback" and "Unsupported Browser" messages need to be moved to avoid blocking the lower left part of the screen, blocking files

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Hi there,

Your feedback is key to helping us improve this new version of Mail. To that end, we have pinned the feedback card permanently to the bottom left corner of the window in order to get opinions from the widest possible audience. However we certainly do aim to remove it in the coming months.

Please note that the feedback and browser card should not prevent you from accessing any of your folders. If any of your folders are covered by the card, you can scroll down on the left column (hover over your folder list and scroll).

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. Where are my lists of contacts , family & friends etc. ??

Want my lists of contacts again, family & friends etc.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the classic mail look. You can also access your contacts by clicking on To, CC or BCC when you are in the compose, forward or reply mode or via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

3. get rid of the advertising on the right hand side of the screen (as viewed). i am seeking an alternate and will change.

get rid of the advertising on the right hand side of the screen (as viewed). i am seeking an alternate and will change.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

A member of our customer service team would be happy to help you resolve this, please visit help.yahoo.com or forums.yahoo.net for further assistance.

Regards,
    Mail Support

5. No link to switch back to classic mail in settings.

No link in settings to switch back to classic mail. I followed your so called link nothing!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Engineers made some changes so the “Switch to Classic” option in settings should now show. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
    Mail Support

6. I can't print out anything without the sidebars. The little print icon on any email simply opens up a box that shows nothing but a big "X"

I can't print out anything without the sidebars. The little print icon on any email simply opens up a box that shows nothing but a big "X" and allows no printing - pathetic. Leave the appearance alone - if it works ---- don't fix it.
    And why is YAHOO stopped allowing comments on most of the fake news articles it posts. Obviously censoring and about to get a campaign to go to google or other news and email services

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This help page explains how to print in New Mail:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln28328.html

If you cannot see the print dialogue, it may be possible that your browser is blocking the print window. Please try disabling any pop up blocker while you print.

Thanks!
    Mail Support

7. Start supporting Internet Explorer.

As I have moved between browsers for years, I keep coming back to IE. More programs that I need require IE to work properly than not.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Only want to print e-mail info not everything on both sides of page adds etc.

Why can't we just print the e-mail info and not the adds and other things on side of the e-mail? It was so easy before. Not impressed with new format.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. my two step sign in disappeared. where is it?

I appreciated the security - though at times irritating. This morning I noticed my two-step sign in was GONE and my icon on banner for Yahoo! was gone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

A member of our customer service team would be happy to help you resolve this, please visit help.yahoo.com or forums.yahoo.net for further assistance.

Regards,
    Mail Support

10. How to create a new email address on a existing Yahoo ID.

Creating a new secondary Yahoo ID from existing Yahoo ID.

Secondary Yahoo ID is to protect the existing Yahoo ID from logging in into different device and public computer shop

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

The Archive, Trash and Spam folders are under “More” beneath your Sent folder in the left hand column.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

12. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

13. emails closing for no reason

Works for the most part, however i have had a recurring issue with my e-mails simply closing up for no reason and without warning. i have to re-click the e-mail i was viewing and this happens nearly every time i use the "new" e-mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

15. HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION

HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Avatar issues

The avatar which I added to my account (my logo) does not show up in emails I send to other people. The avatar on my emails is a photo of my initials which I did not add. I want to use my logo in both places but cannot find a way to do it. Please help! :-)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

17. Provide option to return to old formats used and add trash icon to each email line.

Give me back my old format!
    I much preferred it, only got new one by accidentally clicking bottom of page which moved as I did so. I regret this very much as I cannot now go back.
    Would like trash icon next to star on each email line!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting of email notification time code

I'm in the central time zone... Right now it's 2:39pm and my email notification time is current stated as 7.39pm. Any idea on how to reset the server time code so people are getting the right time coded messages?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there!

Regards,
    Mail Support

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base