New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stationery

It's EASTER and there's no change in your stationery reflecting this time of the Season.

Your staff should be more attuned to such seasonal changes inclusive of a nice selection.

Thanks for the past selections with hopes that the future will resonate with up-to-date selections!

1209th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark background for empty folders..?

Empty spam folder is white, although I have "dark mode" enabled. This "dark mode" is THE reason for me to use this updated Yahoo mail, it is so much easier for eyes. But when I empty spam folder, background goes all white, which was quite a shock first time! Could you please adjust this to the selected colouring scheme?
    Also, the spam folder does not show "immediately" whether there is spam, like the older version did with the number of new messages in that folder.
    But, basically I like the new Yahoo mail! Usually I don't like major updates in…

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make "active" email distinct from the rest in the list

Why isn't the notice for the email I am currently viewing visually distinct from the rest in the list? If I am reading it in the preview pane, I can't find it in the list when I want to continue.Didn't it use to be a denser color than the background?

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. NEW* Create your own visual "Theme" for your email!

I would like to create my own "graphic theme" for my email. Is that possible?

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

Hard to read text in inbox, white is too bright!

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

Just let us put our pictures as background like before and I can live with it.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need lighter background options/not white

I need more background options that have lighter colors. The colors are too dark under "dark" and the only option for light is to have a white screen in the center, which is taxing on the eyes. Pastels people!!

608th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Colors

Please put in some light, soft colors. What you have now is too intense and dark. Can't you put in a variety and please everyone? At one time, you had more choices. Please give us more options.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. font is too light

The font is too small and too light. Many of us CANNOT see it. PLEASE change the setting or allow us to darken the FONT

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Letting users change the background to a picture that they want from their computer

I would like users to change the background to what users want and use any picture from their computer for the theme and the background.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. color mailbox from Add on Mail Vendors

Please allow settings to apply to add on email boxes from other vendors so the colors can be different for each separate mailbox

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Srace

Galaxcess &stars

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need darker checkbox outline and darker lines to separate each email.

The lines which separate each email are too light grey. They need to be darker to separate each email 'visually' from the next. It also helps when you are using a mouse to 'check' or 'uncheck' the boxes, etc.

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. YOU SHOULD HAVE COLOR PINK FOR THE THEME :(

YOU SHOULD HAVE COLOR PINK

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. i want to put my own wallpaper in the backround,now is very limited and few themes

i want to put my own wallpaper in the backround,now is very limited and few themes

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hard to tell between read and unread emails

Really hard to distinguish read and unread emails. A simple dot next to it and making it "bold" is not sufficient to easily tell them apart.

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

Give me the option to have a PLAIN white and/or black background, your silly cartoonish colors is like WoW, it irritates my soul!

630th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Since videos automatically play when my inbox is empty, I exit Yahoo mail. With old mail I gladly kept it active all the time.

Please provide an easy way to disable automtic video play when the inbox is empty. Thanks.

563rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base