New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please change back to the old method of marking emails as read/unread. New method is totally frustrating!

Please go back to the old, easy method of marking emails as read/unread. New method is totally frustrating!

1275th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What and Huh, Yahoo?! Functionality and ease worse than ever

Why Yahoo? Every time you upgrade, functionality, ease of use and efficiency gets worse!! There is now a big space defaulted into the email body so when you copy already formatted content, like from Microsoft word, there is a huge space between paragraphs. This also happens when just typing directly into email. In this age of mobile phone and small screens, why are you making us have to scroll down twice as long now to see the message!! Stop formatting style into your email and let us choose spacing, etc …. And, why would you move the functions (Archive, Move,…

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. return drop box & google drive linking

Ever since this downgrade to the new email, I can no longer link my dropbox and google drive. Please return this function..

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

Allow changes to letter color for low contrast - vision impaired. I prefer dark letters on semi dark background.

775th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Would it kill you to move the "delete" etc section from center page to the left? I like delete an email straight up.

Just move the line from the center to the left. It wouldn't even involve typing anything, just clicking the position.

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give me the old mailbox back. I hate the new one.

Why do you have to change where things are and change the size of things to make a new and improved "mail" while the first one was just fine. I hate the new mail page.

915th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. TWO STARS

TWO STARS
    Have two kinds of stars to denote important and very important messages in the email, one yellow (as of now) and one red.

1106th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CONTACT SEARCH DIFFICULTIES

cannot add a new contact unless we have email address. Some clients do not have email addresses. This is totally ridiculous. So therefore we cannot keep contact numbers. please change this - email should not
    be mandatory to add a contact

716th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. keyboard shortcut - spacebar and up down keys should retain previously marked mails

Currently in Yahoo mail. we have the following behaviour for marking
    multiple messages in the Inbox.

Scenario:

Home page of Yahoo! Mail where we see all messages in the Inbox.

Requirement
    Select multiple emails and then mark them as SPAM.

Using the Mouse we can mark multiple emails and then mark them
    as SPAM.

When we use keyboard shortcuts as follows

<spacebar> mark current email (e1)
    <down key> moves to next email (e2)
    however when we navigate to e2 the e1 gets unmarked.
    This is an issue i see on google chrome

Perhaps this needs to be fixed to allow…

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please simplify the senders list

1. Who needs logos there ?

2. If I need to forward a message to a list, when you delete a name in the list, it was much easier to be moved automatically to the next name in the list.

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hybrid version

classic ui and with preview of new version. with settings for minimual ui enhancement settings so that the user can control how much new ui will be applied towards the classic to maintain fast loading and stability.

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let me click on a link to make a booking or pay an account

Please let me click on a link instead of directing me to the Yahoo app which I have installed twice but which won't let me do anything!! Plus you keep asking for verification which I do and still nothing works. I just want things to simple and easy as they previously were.

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. These new settings are limited, I couldn't find where to Sync mail boxes! Couldn't devise better signature but just your stile 20 years old!

Settings are bad, could't find where to sync emails! Signature is same as when emails started to be used!

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop with the "Add another account?" stuff.

Stop asking if I want to sign into multiple accounts! Tired of having to go through 29 steps and popups just to look at my mail! Ready to go to Gmail!

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please put back the refresh button for Inbox

Please put back the refresh button for Inbox thread has been started over a year ago.. I guess Yahoo, really is not listening to their users.. or this would of been added in by now

574th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There is no basic mail

Followed your instructions for going to basic mail (settings>more settings>switch to basic mail). But there is no switch to basic mail. What is there is "switch to classic mail" and once you go there you immediately get the "This version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. We encourage you to upgrade to the newest version of Yahoo Mail now". message. SO where is basic mail???

655th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use some compression for pinned tabs as there is for unpinned tabs

Use some compression for pinned tabs so new tabs don't seem to disappear. I can only find them if I close other tabs. If I pick "open in new tab", the topic I'm looking for should be visible somewhere on the right, but there is no way to see the tabs that have sadly become "invisible".

Add an arrow or indicator to the right that makes these hidden tabs available to view or move. Right now there is only the "+" to open a new tab, and nothing to show that there are other open tabs available.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New Tab Opens

I don't like that when I want to go back to the homepage from my email inbox it opens a new tab!! SWITCH ME BACK!

2760th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back old EMOJIS! The new ones are ugly.

The old ones were beautiful, sweet, and perfect. The new ones are ugly and generic. Please bring the old ones back!

749th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base