New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

Please get rid of the "give feedback" icon, or tag in my email folders area

259th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo email is the primary reason I started using an ad blocker plug-in!

The constant loading of ads in my browser was slowing down my entire computer, my browser was becoming overloaded and unresponsive creating horrid lag with every few characters typed. When I tried the ad blocker, it counted HUNDREDS of attempted ads in minutes, 3-5 were blocked with every click of my mouse within Yahoo mail. I cannot use this account WITHOUT an ad blocker, so I will just keep closing the stupid pop-up with the raised eyebrow scolding me for blocking ads. I've had this account since the very first year Yahoo offered email service. But at this rate I…

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make 'Compose' less frustrating by being more responsive

Make the 'Sent' popup disappear after a few seconds because currently it hangs around for 1 to 2 minutes & I have no confidence that my email has been sent. Especially since it does not appear in the 'Sent' folder for another few minutes.

And at the same time, give the input boxes priority over playing Ads. I can't count the number of times I've lost half of what I've typed. It's so frustrating that I'm seriously thinking of finding another mail client.

Many thanks.

398th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folder sidebar size

The folder sidebar should be adjustable, I can't see the folder names sometimes and want it to be bigger.

302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I move mail to a folder, it disappears

This is a folder where I know I have stored items. I just moved an item there, and then it won't open. Yahoo, you really suck. I may be forced to move to Gmail, I would be there already if it weren't so difficult. Continue to motivate me, I will learn.

224th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. drafts

I have 3 drafts but I can't retrieve any. The message after spinning several minutes is " nothing to see" ????

196th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New mail is horrible! Would not send my email after 3 attempts. Had to use my Gmail account to send a simple email. Fail!

Improve "New Mail" by bringing back "Old Mail". Shouldn't take 3 minutes to download an attachment. Shouldn't take 3 attempts to send an email, all of which were unsuccessful. I gave up and used my Gmail account. This is a poorly executed "upgrade" which I would rate FAIL!

217th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 220th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SPEED - Yahoo mail will not let me access one of my folders. I just get the spinning circle.

SPEED - Yahoo mail will not let me access one of my folders. I just get the spinning circle.

384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option for adding new contacts

Yahoo should provide an option that enables you to tap on the email address of someone sending email, and adding this person to your contact list straight away. At the moment, I have to copy and paste (or write down) the email of the person sending an email, and then going into Contacts and manually add the person.

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  46 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder.

Make sure "View Raw Message" works in SPAM folder

729th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'm tired of the ads

This "ad in my email log" is a pain ******! I want it gone. it is enough that i have to sit through it on the side popping up annoyingly as I read my mail, but now to have it in the mail feed is a violation of my privacy!

I get it, you have to update to keep up with the times, but don't run me to another service because you have "ideas" how to make money and be happy while you burden me with these annoying news/ad feeds while i look to see who is offering me free…

131st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop Ads Over Personal Email on Left Side of Screen

stop putting ads over my personal mail boxes on left side so that I can't see my own boxes. I would also like my personal email boxes to be up at the top of the left side of the screen instead of "views" which I never use.

117th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Yahoo Mail compatible with IE 11

The newest tab on the side indicates that I have an "unsupported browser". When I tap it, it tells me that I won't have access to the new Yahoo Mail. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? Why is Yahoo ignoring their users who choose to use IE11? It puts us in quite a predicament since a change in either a new email carrier or a new browser is a no easy task. Please advise.

156th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Calendar page is integrated poorly

Really? I click on calendar and you go to the old page? What have you been doing the last 5 years? And then when I click on mail within calendar you transition to SECOND mail page just like the other mail page so now I have two? WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!

334th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Much worse than it was

Much worse than it was: Timezone prompts are annoying; "Views" folder can't be hidden (as I don't want it); "Settings" do almost nothing with actual settings; No indicator if new mail in folders; Overall shaky handling (bad java code, guess); Search is somewhat working but really bizarre (- AND, I don't need your our your partners' suggestions, please!); Contacts are REALLY awkward; Please, improve or rollback. this is NOT a good upgrade!!!

194th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Printing an attached doc without downloading it

I thought you would have had this fixed a long time ago!!!! When I preview an attachment like a jpg, word doc, spreadsheet, pdf, etc.... I have to download the **** thing to print it using Y! Mail!!!! I should just be able to print it from the preview!!!! I have been printing from preview in Gmail for forever!!!!!!

289th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why is the top ad scrolling in my email messages?

Since the update (that must have taken place sometime yesterday) I now have the Ad at the top of my email messages scrolling down the page instead of staying at the top. It's getting in my way to clean out my inbox, and quite frankly ANNOYING me! I dislike Hotmail/MS, and GMAIL and now you guys are monkeying around with the only email set up I actually can stand to use. Knock it off! Please and thank you! :-)

282nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft Edge - Unsupported Browser

I am getting an "Unsupported Browser" warning while using the Microsoft Edge browser.

As far as I know, I should have the latest version of the Edge browser.
    Version 25.10586.672.0.

Does this mean that Microsoft Edge is not a supported browser?

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Email Virus? Adware? Spyware?

I get an audio message with big red page warning message do not turn off computer it is infected. About 7,8,9 times only in Yahoo email. No other place. I'm at the point to where I don't even want to login but I've had the email addy fior a decade or so.

184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base