New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make sure the "block senders" actually works. I have blocked (and deleted) many spam emails and I continue to receive them.

Please make sure the block senders works and blocks and deletes the emails it is supposed to. Mine has not worked and I continue to receive spam from many senders.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

When blocking an address, make sure that it is 100% the same as the sender when adding it in the Settings. Keep in mind that messages already being filtered to Spam can’t be blocked, as our Spam filters take precedence over any filters or settings on the account. If you mark an email as Spam and it keeps coming in, verify that the sending address isn’t different. If it’s the same, let us know via the Help pages or our forums:

https://forums.yahoo.com

Thank you!
    Mail Support

2. font size ***** and your response it to generic to help change it to font of my choice and size

an easier what to change default font setting to my font of choice and size I am older and eyes don't see small fonts as easy and many of my email recipients can barely see so I have to change it everytime I send an email remember "KISS" keep is simple stupid

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Where are my lists of contacts , family & friends etc. ??

Want my lists of contacts again, family & friends etc.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

You can access contacts by clicking on the icon on the upper right side (small icon made up of a rectangle with three small stacked squares). This will open Contacts in a new tab of your browser in the classic mail look. You can also access your contacts by clicking on To, CC or BCC when you are in the compose, forward or reply mode or via https://contacts.yahoo.com.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

4. Go back to the old interface!!!

Now when i click on an email the contents doesn't show...i have to double click?? Please can i go back to the old school interface?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. adding unrelated friends to my emails to other friends, stop it! stop linking my emails to all friends when I write a email.

Please stop linking my emails to friends or family that I have not chosen. I can do cc: to whom I want to have contact with! It's annoying and the friends don't even know each other but they sure know about each other (in a good way) But enough is enough. Let Me Chose!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suddenly so many emails just fail to arrive in my inbox.

The senders' addresses have not changed since 8 years ago and they have worked fine so far, but suddenly they start failing to arrive at all. Not in my SPAM box, not in my inbox. My yahoo mail became so unreliable - I am not receiving emails!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  22 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restore my old email now!!

Restore my old email now!! Stop changing my computer programs without my permission!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I DO NOT LIKE THE BACKGROUND COLOR AND BASICALLY IT SUCKS

I would go back to the previous - Don't like having this forced on me....

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. want old format please

don't like new format give option to go back

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please return me back to my old yahoo mail format. The new one is no good.

Please return me back to my old yahoo mail format. The new one is no good.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. i DO NOT WANT MAY YAHOO MAIL CONNECTED WITH FACEBOOK, AND NO NOTIFICATIONS FROM FACEBOOK

I GET TOO MANY NOTIFICATIONS FROM FACEBOOK IN MY YAHOO MAIL,I SUGGEST TO HAVE THOSE TWO ACCOUNTS SEPARATE ,WITH NO CONNECTIONS

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cut the bull... and get us back to normal ..

Go back and fire some people...

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Stop forcing users to enter mobile numbers

Forcing a user to enter their mobile number for "account recovery" is not a good practice in my opinion. I don't want my phone linked to this account, or any of my accounts in general... won't be using Yahoo mail anymore.
    Also, your continuous scroll Homepage is clunky - it feels heavy and dated. Good luck.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Where is the log out button

How do I log out of yahoo mail? Am I on an embargo ( get in and stay in)?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You FORCED me into your new mail. BRING BACK THE OLD MAILBOX. ******** for doing that. ********

You FORCED me into your new mail. BRING BACK THE OLD MAILBOX. ******** for doing that. ********

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NEW FORMAT SUCKS

NEW FORMAT SUCKS PLEASE BRING OLD ONE

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Spam

Yahoo should be able to automatically keep spam away when it has already been put into the spam box after being put in there & deleted. I have to clean out my regular e-mail on a daily basis of spam that seems to be able to seep through to my regular mailings that is legitimate. Then I go over to my spam file & have to keep deleting the same ones over & over, day in & day out. Please try to help eliminate the constant deletions of the ones I've already deleted. Help by ciphering out the ones that…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION

HOW DO I GO BACK TO MY OLD MAIL. I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW VERSION