Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vince Ohlinger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

141 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lulla Sierra Johns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current pg set up is a waste of space. I can only view 4 emails at a time. Need to see most of them so I can prioritize. Top half of page is wasted in orange colour and Search email option. Ridiculous. Have to drop you as my primary email address.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New layout results in almost no space for the content of either composing new email messages, seeing the email list, or reading individual emails. All the space is used up with the surrounding periphery items, leaving almost unusable space remaining for the core of the email list and email content. I can only see about two lines of email content in an email I'm composing.

• Satendra Jindal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know you guys are not gonna give a **** to this request that why you are losing the market.sorry to say this but its a bitter truth.

• Satendra Jindal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

whenever i open my mail box i always find very less space for my mail on screen , so much of space is wasted for header , inside mail grid(between rows), as a end user i open my mail box to see the mails not the header /side panels specially for ads

• Brian Lay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just to add to my previous comment.... yes, there is a trend in GUI design to "declutter" and reduce. That trend tends to focus on simplifying color pallets, removing unnecessary icons, etc. BUT, one thing that trend does not seem to focus on is mouse movement. I find this rather concerning as we "spread" everything out to make it easier on our eyes, we also have a tendency to increase mouse movement / scrolling as a result. For some applications that don't rely on lots of mouse movements, that may be o.k (think word processors, etc. more time spent typing then moving mouse (proportionally)) BUT, with email, I would argue that is NOT the case. In email applications you tend to spend more time moving the mouse, sorting, reading, moving, then you do writing emails. There are a lot more mouse movements. IMO this trend of spreading things out to reduce visual clutter is going to result in many more injuries. Please at least give us the ability to find our own balance. Web browsers are excellent for scaling spaces. Give use the ability to find this balance ourselves.

• Brian Lay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) need an extra small spacing for mail box spacing.
    2) need to be able to control spacing of folders. Never use to need to scroll to see all my folders, now need to do it a lot. I understand the desire to make things less dense, but at least give us a setting to get back to the density we use to be. I don't want to get carpel tunnel scrolling my mouse!

• Drew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version is clunky. The settings that allow you to decide spacing - event the "small" is way too big.

• Barbara Borent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also wondered about this,but I thought after they're thru tormenting us that maybe it will fill our screen again.

• BENAS Philippe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there a large space lost on the rigth of this new version ?

This is not an improvement from my point of view to loose a third of the width for email previews.

• Harold Kahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The top bar/header is much too large and should be reduced in width. Should also revert to showing the number of spam messages

• Ines S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SEPTEMBER 2017 INSTRUCTIONS TO GO BACK TO OLD VERSION OF YAHOO MAIL >>
    This just worked>>
    1. put the font size at 80% or the view size
    2. Click on the Cogs/Gears Icon over on the right.
    3. Scroll down below where it says More Settings and at the very bottom on the left side not highlighted and not easily seen, it says, something about switching back to Classic Yahoo. Click that and bam – you're switched back.

i just did it.

• Mischa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

navigation bar at the top is way too big and looks childish. At least give us an option to make it smaller and more compact

• MitziK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the preview pane I can only view the subject line of three emails, rather than the six or seven I could see in the old version. Where is the vertical toggle bar? I miss it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make Header smaller and why is there a subject line above email? I can see the subject without another line taking up even more space. I want to be able to adjust the line as far as I want between inbox and window pane as well. I want to read email and nothing else.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no option for New Email, so I will use Theme and Background

Don't like the new email - wastes screen space, poorly spaced, badly designed. Why spread all the functions on one screen across the screen?

Don't force us to use your idea of "new email"

Feedback and Knowledge Base