How can we improve New Mail?

Customize Background Image Theme Option Needed, Add Your Own.

Customize Background Image Theme Option Needed, Add Your Own.

96th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bruce Cullen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Catherine Seltzer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STOP CHANGING FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGING! GO BACK TO PREVIOUS COLORS , THE NEW ONE ARE AWFUL AND PREVENT GOOD READING

• Loene Humphrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I was just wondering can we have more themes to pick out. The ones we have, just don't seem enough. Thank You!!!

• Anastasia Kivachuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Horrible, Horrible!!! Why did you change the background themes??? What was wrong with the old one? My eyes instantly hurt because f this horrible/****** new design!!! There is a huge contrast between the white letters and very dark background, i cannot see anything, i have to strain my eyes every time i try to read the list of my messages. ******, ****** new design!!! Return the old design!!!

• Sunil m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Increase more light colors. I love the new format but if you can add a few more light colors like pale yellow, that would be good.

• Sherri Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found that you are offering more options when it comes to fonts and such. You still have to improve the themes. So far I'm willing to keep the new style.

• Justin McCollum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see more themes and backgrounds. Especially a feature that allows us to add themes or backgrounds beyond a small selective list now available.

• Milpitas Center commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggest to soften the bright white, and give more options to solid background color themes, along with the ombre.

• Maria Ashot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the old selection of Themes/Backgrounds and Colours/Hues please. The current selection is really primitive. The colours are dank, they completely like emotional engagement. We spend hours staring at our desktops; the small aesthetic touches really make a difference!!

• JimNews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

stop the insanity... I don't want childish pictures cluttering up an email screen. Stop shoving it down our throats when we've purposefully shut off the asinine color schemes, infantile pictures, and ridiculous layout.

All I want is an Email package.... we're not all children!

• anirban burman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color contrast sometimes dose not help straight away to see your email. I will appreciate if you could keep the color contrast to blue and not to change it so often.
    Thanks

• Frank Mowry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your backgrounds and themes lack any creativity and interests, they are simply LAME. Allow me to use my own images, my own themes. You used to present a wider variety, but with your new system YOU HAVE NOTHING of interest.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how about customising with your own backgrounds, not enough themes to choose from

• Erika Lorenzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the new feature of being able to customize my theme and inbox layout! It helps me organize it the way I want it, unlike other emails.. This gives it more of a personalized and chic feel.

• Martin Drijfhout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a photo of my own in Gmail, and I find it very pleasing to the eyes. Unfortunately Yahoo!mail doesn't have this option (yet), which is pretty ridiculous when you think on it.
    So please Yahoo!, correct this!!
    Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base