How can we improve New Mail?

I really liked my old theme. Why can't I keep it?

Add more themes please

24th ranked
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Neli Petra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Faryl Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that you are always trying to find new ways to make are inboxes more personal but this latest update is not good in this regard. You only provide four pictures and there not even pictures that I would ever use. Other than that all you have a plan colors which if i wanted that then i would have never touched the themes settings.

I would greatly appreciate bringing back more vibrant themes or ways to change things around to where the themes are more personal.

• Eileen Lois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add some seasonal themes! I miss the old Yahoo mail where you had more seasonal themes. OR let us upload our own like Gmail does.

• AnnieMac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the Stars and Strips themes for years after it was made available post-9/11. Then when it was no longer there, I used (and loved) the two shades of pink. Now all you have are dark colors, or multicolored graphics, or two-toned gradients. (pink and orange? Blech!) Please at least add back the traditional two-shade options so I can return to my two shades of pink.

• p nealon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to change me color in the email area ...it is white (why no options here?) Changes are not explained very well in the intro. Maybe I missed the learning page (?).

Kind of like changing a few things on a car model...but no real change.

BLAAAAAA

• Cameron Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am NOT interested in ANY thing but an email account . Do I need to look for one that will NOT KEEP HASSELING ME about an upgrade ! I do not want to be thinking about yahoo I would rather be sending out my invoices - but yahoo buts in to tell me I NEED NEW MAIL ?

• Mary123456 Highley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been reading all these "feedbacks" I like u guys trying new improve ideas---all I've to say is a great job!!! I like more of themes more bright pretty ones!!! I like Yahoo wouldn't think of going anywhere else!!!

• Susan Dahmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the cats/dogs that was in the home email settings to have in your home email address as you have also eliminate those pink colours as well many other picture settings. It would have been good of you to let us know of which home email settings that we really liked, instead of taking control & eliminating these home settings. Please bring these same home email settings. Much appreciated in advance.

• C S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why aren't there more themes? There's what, 7 now, that's it??? I hate them all.

• George Mouflis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. The contacts should return to the main page
    2. The new themes are not as nice as the older ones
    3. I like that now that once you filter messages to show the ones from a particular sender, you can delete it from the preview. Before it was only working with the tick, not from preview.
    4. It is great that now if you delete an old message your active preview does not take you back to the most recent incoming mail, so you don't have to scroll down for ages like before, That was a major bug, but see next point.
    5. Unfortunately, still when you read an old email from preview, very often the active previewed email shifts to another earlier one. I do not know if this is because older emails are added to the bottom of the list but this is very annoying and I hope it will be fixed. Sometimes also when you scroll with the mouse over the body of the email, this scroll is misinterpreted as scrolling on the list of emails on the left, so again there is trouble to find where the previewed message is on the chronological list on the left.

• DixieNormus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey team......I agree more themes please........but i have a question one further, is that ok? Well ok then...i want to upload my own themes or whatever i wanted.......ok like the same method as a profile pic....feel me? we can upload one of the tired, dated, simpleton, unremarkable and outdated themes built in....or we can upload our own fabulous pic of our faces.....or this little possum i want to trap and squash , etc.....when can that be done? you undersand right.....people will naturally be a bit dense and continue to ask.....hey add more themes.....after some just got added........free form that bad boy up.....we can upload our own theme, what a concept......how much do you like or dislike my valued comment. I always welcome feedback. I am just thrilled to be part of it all, Lastly, I want to hook up have tea and exchange tech ideas related to all this...i've learned so much.......i'm open everyday, anytime.......

• y z commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The theme is worse than the last one. I'm sure the programmers are clever enough to create more than one skin for a site, if not, your computer skills are vastly over-rated.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A week later and there's still no answer to this. It's free, I get it, but you can't just delete people's stuff just like that...

• Dawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was perfectly happy with my Original Theme. This morning Yahoo had unilaterally changed it without my consent. The Theme I did have is no longer offered. And I do NOT like any of the current themes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base