Contacts hard to find, edit, alter, and delete
Since the new changes it has become much more difficult to search and edit or delete a single contact. It would be very helpful if a dropdown menu were available to search by several choices such as ending email address or last name or company. partial name, with the ability to select the item and go to edit.
Tammy Smith commented
In my contact group, I cannot locate the groups that I created. How can I find them again?
Bruce Forman commented
Please make it easy to use, find and put contacts in groups...don't you realize that is an important part of a mailbox and database? With every change it keeps getting worse!!!
Leighton A. Price commented
For every list entry with an em address and one of more phone numbers, there are additional entries of these people for each of the phone numbers.
Please fix immediately. This is a huge pain in the neck.
Lynda Fleming commented
unable to delete old notes on contact and replace with new note!!! hate this format!
Who are all these strange people who come up as contacts when I search my contact list? They're not there when I scroll down the list, but I get quite a few unknown names listed when I do a search. I don't know these people. From where are these names coming?
What a mess!
Susan Ledbetter commented
I am having a lot of problems with contacts. Unable to add contacts to LISTs. Deleted someone from a list and they were completed deleted from my entire list. Much more cumbersome to add people to list or get a quick view of who is in the list. What was the point of this change? I see nothing positive and plenty that has been broken. I want the ability to go back to the previous format.
Jerry Claxton commented
Yahoo is trying with all their outsourced programming might to make all their app useless. I keep important notes in the note field, but, I can't find them. If I export them to excel, THERE THEY ARE.
MotherLode JewishCommunity commented
Please restore the ability to view an individual contact and see/modify what lists they are tied to. Also the list order, which now apparently can only be viewed in "date added" order, needs to have ability to be viewed in alpha order (ideally last name). The date someone was added to the list is irrelevant in pretty much every list I have or ever created in my entire professional career. Contacts either belong on a list or don't. Makes it all but impossible to verify if the list is up to date as impossible to compare to a list stored in any other format! Complicating this is inability to check at the contact level. I don't even have that date recorded anywhere else, so lists are totally unmanageable.
1) I have two linked emails, but the same contact list shows up for both accounts. The contact list for the second account is gone!!!
2) Why are some of my phone numbers listed without hyphens? So hard to read that way.
3) I don't need you to tell me my email history and how many times we emailed and when the last time was, etc. Instead, I'd like to see all phones for that account, as well as all email addresses.
Please stop organizing my life for me. I had everything the way I wanted, and you've messed it up. Again! Haven't you lost enough subscribers!
Bob Edwards commented
Could not find a place to delete a list. Prior system let you bring up a contact and assign them to a list, don't see that now.
Whitey s Only Wish Rescue commented
Need an easier way to create a list with 50+ contacts
Tony Wigston commented
For goodness sake .What have you done to contacts??? How do I add new member to a list
New contacts in Yahoo, how to edit? Delete? I wish yahoo stop reinventing the wheel.
Scott Felten commented
Just either fix the problem where contacts are correct, not merging contacts together. Wrong name with email and then I have to delete name and reenter all information only to have to fix another issue of same. Honestly I liked the older version better, much simpler. Please fix this issue.
Tom Houser commented
* How the heck to I add a new email address to my address book? Are you forcing me to copy, then paste? WHY?
* Plus there's not even fields for last name, first name
* PLUS neither my contacts or my lists are in alphabetical order!!!! Are you kidding me??? So I have about 100 lists, and when I want to edit one....i have to search one by one b/c they aren't in alpha order.
What a disaster.
Your customers are screaming for help! Plz listen to us.
Please PLEASE make my lists of contacts alphabetical again as soon as possible! They're a big mess. This has to be a bug you're working on right now, right?
MAJOR Bug with Contacts. If you go to the right hand side ot the page where your contacts are, and you add a new contact and save it, the new contact does NOT appear when you compose an email and Click on the list's name. You need to type the name of the list in the bcc box. Completely ridiculous. Have spent hours trying to figure this out. Yahoo needs to fix this.
Sam Lunt commented
I can't delete any of my contacts. There are no boxes to check and no delete option.
Tim Ellis commented
The contacts list is unusable. Please go back to the old layout.
Rachel Collins commented
Two problems with the way contacts are now handled:
1. The list of the different "lists" is not alphabetical, so similar lists cannot be grouped in any way
2. There appears to be no way to start with a contact name and then find what list(s) they are already on, information that used to be readily available. This is important to me as an instructor to know which class(es) a student has already been on. Being able to access a list of emails to and from the contact is less important, because that can be found easily enough by a search of the mail.
Please consider making all the functions that were possible in the old style "contacts" available in this new system.