New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 678th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. new contact from email

Restore ability to add sender of an email to contacts without having to retype the email address

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. deleting contacts is a huge pain. scrolling through many contacts that i had years and years ago and manually deleting them takes time

Ability to sort contacts by date added and the select box to the left and then mass delete contacts. Would give the option to delete dark data from yahoo servers to the individual. Alternatively, delete all contacts and then upload only new contacts via vcards through an email to yourself.

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why do I see my email page get smaller and have the contact to my right without a choice? Leave the service alone before I leave the service

Leave the email service alone...the new moves your making cause a distraction and a waste of time

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. sorting contacts and add the number of contacts in a list.

Please add sorting by first name and last name. Also, the i need to see how many people are in my lists. a counter would be extremely helpful.

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. delete contacts

My list of contacts on my mobile is enormous and I have not added most of them. This feature must have been built in and as yet there is no way to delete multiple contacts. I find this very annoying and if it is not solved soon I shall be deleting my email address and go with another provider.

523rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. contact card

There is no way to hover over an e-mail address and 'Add' or 'Edit' contacts as in the old system.

In the old system the contact card had three dots, if you hovered over you could 'Add' or 'Edit. In the new system there is no menu on the contact card. It just says 'Auto generated card visible only to you'.

This makes it extremely inconvenient to add new contacts and is the main reason I'm not switching.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CONTACT SEARCH DIFFICULTIES

cannot add a new contact unless we have email address. Some clients do not have email addresses. This is totally ridiculous. So therefore we cannot keep contact numbers. please change this - email should not
    be mandatory to add a contact

707th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Put back the add contacts from the email.

It takes TOO MUCH TIME TO ADD ADDRESSES NOW.
    I have emails going to my trash folder and spam folder that should not be there.

12th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  287 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. One click 'add sender to address book'

So simple - add a one click means to add a sender's email address to address book. After all Yahoo/Oath/whoever is behind all this seem very adept at grabbing people's personal information for their own commercial purposes, why not for the sake of user functionality when wanting to grab a sender's address to add to one's address book?

987th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT "RETURN ME TO CLASSIC MAIL!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED my Address Book displayed when I click on "To", "CC", or "BCC"!!!!! You have completely destroyed my entire afternoon!! I'll never be able to send an email to ALL the people I would like to send it to without seeing my address book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

987th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Donot keep on changing the layout of the email system every month of the year..!!

Do not change the layout of the email system unless you are willing to have Customer Support to assist your members. Need I explain what Customer Support is.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically save new recipient to contact

can you add back the feature => Automatically save new recipient to contact
    that feature used to exist. i used it on my other yahoo email before. i didn't even realize you took that feature out... why????

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Manage or Import contacts using Contact list no longer functional in New Yahoo mail for Desktop- Please fix the bug

In the new Yahoo mail for Desktop, few days back I was able to import, manage contacts in the contact list.
    But it looks like this feature is no longer there. Can you please bring this feature back where I can manage contact in the list (Add, remove, import using CSV) . This is a big setback for business and non profit group which should be addressed in timely fashion.

648th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Does Posting Here Do Any Good?

Why did you change the format of the contacts? Mine were in alphabetical order by first name. They're not in alphabetical order any more . . only by first letter of the alphabet i.e."A:. They're in a cramped space to the right and I liked how they were shown before. Is there any reason for doing this? I would like to know. Please change it back.

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Contact History

When entering a contact name, the historical email address takes precedence over a correctly edited and saved contact email address. Also, there seems to be no way to delete that historical email address that is no longer wanted and should not be used.

43rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notes gone from contacts without email addresses

Notes on contacts without email addresses are GONE. Made meticulous notes for many years on contacts without email addresses which are now GONE. Submitted this complaint to Yahoo Customercare and answer was “Unfortunately what you’re looking for isn’t possible in the current version.” They suggested contact you.
    Some of those notes are very important (like children contact info of elderly neighbors/friends). Other than elderly folks without email addresses, are many contacts without email addresses (i.e. pharmacy, take-out places, doctors). P-l-e-a-s-e fix before an emergency arises and I can’t make important calls.

1093rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base