New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why have you messed up Yahoo Basic?

On the previous version of Yahoo Basic I could use my various contact lists to send emails. That feature has disappeared on the current version of Yahoo Basic which means if I want to send an email to 10 people who were on a specific contact list I now have to scroll through my ENTIRE contact list which is hundreds of people. There is no reason why this feature had to be deleted from this version of Yahoo Basic except, of course, to force people to use the new Yahoo Mail. Well it won't work. Goodbye Yahoo, hello Gmail or…

677th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SORT DEFECT

SORT IT. No possibility of deleting or amending contacts

905th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. mobile app does not have calender or contact list

Hello All,
    The mobile app for Yahoo mail does not have or at least I could not find the calendar or contact list. As such I cannot synchronize the data from Yahoo on my laptop to my phone. All available workarounds are tedious to use leading to errors.
    Is there is fix for this issue.

Regards

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP ******* WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP..

WHAT THE HAPPENED TO MY CONTACTS? STOP *** WITH THINGS...WORKED GOOD THE WAY IT WAS SET UP.

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. You've caused me to waste a ton of my time and have gotten me VERY ANGRY!!!!!

I was going to send an email to multiple contacts, but I can't see my list of Contacts when I click the "To" line. I'm so ANGRY now, I don't feel like
    sending it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Classic Mail ISN'T BROKEN!!!!!! Stop trying to "FIX" it!!!!! STOP FORCING ME TO USE A FORMAT I HATE!!!!!!

When sending an email to multiple contacts, I click on the "To" line, and a list of my contacts used to come up. It doesn't any more!!! WHERE IS IT???!!!!!

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why when I hit reply to a specific contact are you displaying a "business card" for them for several seconds? Get rid of it!

Why are you displaying a business card for my contact when I reply to them? I already know them, get that card out of my way! It's useless!

1265th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is no way to automatically add contacts to yahoo mail

Why can't I add contacts automatically from my emails?

Yahoo says to do below, but there is no automatic add in the new yahoo mail.

In Yahoo Mail, mouse over the Settings menu icon Small gear icon | select Settings.
    Click Writing email.
    Select Automatically add new recipients to Contacts.
    - You can deselect this option if you change your mind.
    Click Save.

605th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Blocked Sender Feature Implementation

Greetings dear Mail Support Team. I have three suggestions / inquiries regarding the block sender feature, considering the fact that I do not see a similar solution posted here on the feedback page. Currently I receive a large number of spam related emails and have noticed that my current “block sender option” allows me to block a sum total of one-thousand email addresses. I’d like to ask if it’d be possible to increase this number to either unlimited or a significantly higher number instead please? If it is not yet possible, I would like to ask if there will be…

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. i don't want symbols next to my contacts

I hate the symbols or initials next to each contact. It is so distracting

850th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to Copy email address from existing email

Please allow us to copy email address from an old email to send a new one. The current version of yahoo mail don't allow us to do so though the basic version allows.

This is really an important feature for email user. This time I always have to hit forward button>copy address>delete the mail from draft folder.... This is very tiring. Please fix this ASAP.

1501st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. try to allow to modify a new contact after creation !!

it is impossible to modify a new contact after creation !!!

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop requesting access to my contacts

In the android mobile mail app, it repeatedly asks me, "Allow access to contacts". I can only respond "Not now", but it will continue to come up every time I open the app. Please add a feature that allows me stop the app from asking

I know this is a 'repeat' of this: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/600772-new-mail/suggestions/34447276-stop-requesting-access-to-my-contacts

But I reject your justification. You want to ostensibly want to "help with composing emails". But I do not want your help and I refuse to give you more information to sell. And don't pretend that isn't the real reason: If it was about making a…

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't require an email address in Contacts

Now that the new Contacts interface has been integrated with the latest Yahoo Mail, an email address is required to save a Contact. Why? I had lots of Contacts without email address for many years. Sometimes I just have a person's/business's phone number or I'm just storing info about them. I should not have to enter an email address in any Contact record.

707th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. mailing labels

Previously I was able to print mailing labels from a contact list. Please restore this option.

2716th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. get rid of the circles with the big letters in them

get rid of the circles with the big letters in them that are in front of the contacts email address

1091st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. get rid of pop up on contacts page or allow to dismiss. It's blocking things I need.

Get rid of pop up in lower left section of contacts page telling me to upgrade, or at least allow to dismiss. There are times it's blocking buttons I need to click. VERY ANNOYING!

905th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A week ago, I could forward/compose an email and click on CC/BCC and get the contacts in Last name order (as stored) now I can't. Fix it.

Up until a week ago, when I forwarded/composed an e-mail and clicked on CC/BCC the Contacts pop-up showed in the order it was stored - in this case Last name order. Today, that order is ignored and the list comes up in First name order which is totally useless and no way to change it. Please fix that bug and stop calling it a "new, improved" feature. One does not always send an e-mail to everyone on the contact list but to certain groups of people, often by Last name (since you also support that for storing contacts, otherwise why…

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able again to save my contacts offline by pdf'ing them, like in the old version

In the old version it was possible to save your contacts as a pdf, so they were easily accessible offline. At the same time that was a perfect back-up.
    The current export function doesn't support that feature anymore, and it's impossible to read that excel file. Also, in my language a lot of names do have hyphens and stuff, which are not supported.
    PLEASE BRING PDF POSSIBILITY BACK!!!

2716th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to export my Yahoo contacts, but the new version does not have an Actions Tab ??

Where has the Action Tab gone, so that Yahoo contacts can be exported for Microsoft Outlook ??

1501st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base