New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Select All" for Contact Lists

When composing an email addressed to members in a "Contact List" there should be a button which allows you to "Select All".

666th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sending email to multiple contacts now appears impossible

Sending email to multiple contacts now appears impossible

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. contact phone number formatting

Phone number format should be (NPA) NXX-XXXX
    Do NOT remove the parens or the dashes when I enter a number.
    The are there for readability.

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TWO STARS

TWO STARS
    Have two kinds of stars to denote important and very important messages in the email, one yellow (as of now) and one red.

1075th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. groups

I would like a way to print out only the contacts I have placed in a list,

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 892nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I understand that we are no longer allowed to categorize or sort email addresses in our address book anymore... Please return that feature.

Without the sorting feature (being able to categorize or sort addresses in the contacts portion of Yahoo), my contacts list is a BIG MESS. Please return the ability to assign emails to categories. This is making us work much harder than before, which is NOT an "upgrade."

1075th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PLEASE add the feature to auto insert a new contact from an email in one's inbox (this feature exists in Old Mail)

PLEASE add the feature to auto insert a new contact from an email in one's inbox (this feature exists in Old Mail)

796th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Quick 'add contact option'

Like Outlook. Please add quick access option to add contacts when one scrolls over the e-mail and generate a 'card' as a drop down. Have a very diffifult time copy and paste the e-mail address as it tends to high-light the whole 'card'.

514th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add e-mail recipients to contacts.

Please, add the option of outgoing e-mails to have the recipients added to contacts if the sender chooses. Usually there is a back-and-forth correspondence and the information would come in very handy.

Very respectfully,

Don ************

**************@yahoo.com

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. get rid of deleted contacts as suggestions

Once I delete a contact PLEASE don't let it be a popup suggestion when I am typing in names! Contacts that have changed emails and no longer use old ones are still popping up which means that I have to send to multiple contacts to make sure that I reach just 1 person, and then I received a bunch of error messages when those emails bounce back to me. GET RID OF DELETED CONTACT SUGGESTIONS!!

126th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New is Not Better

Try inserting an incoming email address into the contact list and this proves conclusively how new is not better. From a first rate adding contacts system this latest version is a complete mess and does you no credit whatsoever. Also, whilst most welcome, the colour text option lacks a user default setting and always reverts to black - a child of 6 could do better...

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adding contact groups

I need to create new contact groups at least once a year for a youth sports league. This new version does not support the creation of contact groups.
    I just had to revert to the old AND IT"S GOING AWAY AT THE END OF JANUARY.
    PLEASE make the new version useful and allow users to create contact groups.

641st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Autofill Fix

Include a method to edit or add autofill contacts--not just delete them:
    The recipient line does not always autofill when typing a saved contact. This occurs most commonly with some new contacts that were readded after being removed contacts from autofill function.

763rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Suggest that New Mail is further improved from its version available 1August by:

Suggest that New Mail is further improved from its version available 1August 2019 by: increasing the number of keystrokes required to check on the contents from 3 to 7 or any other undefined number. Till the latest version I only required 2 keystrokes. Now I need to search for "more info" with a 3rd keystroke. Heaven forbid that I should want to use the same surname again, well that requires a further 10 keystrokes to re-enter the searched name, typically 10 characters long, so the latest version increases the number of keystrokes from 2 to 13!
    Also, it appears that…

1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. classic works for my operating systen, the new format does not.

Classic email works for me. The new version does not allow me to access my entire contact lest. I will have to find a new email provider.

1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Where are my group contact folders? I like the idea of contact on your right, however bring back the group folder contact.

Please bring back the Group mailing folders. Lost all my email contact group folders, or selected group mailing folders.

666th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Suggested contancts

Please find a way to delete suggested contacts in yahoo mail toolbar. It's so annoying that it makes me want to not use yahoo ever again. I am sure there are a lot of people there sharing my opinion,

1479th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1823rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base