New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location of Contacts list icon

Location of contacts list in Yahoo Mail Pro. I never full screen my mail, so menus on the far right are never visible to me, and I can not access my contacts list. The contacts list and calendar need to be either in the top menu bar or in the right hand menu bar along with the inbox etc. I never use the notepad so I don't care where it goes.

569th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "More or Less" in contact listing. WHAT IS THE POINT>?

Remove the "feature" that hides contact names, but reveals them if the arrow (1 more, 2 more, etc) is clicked. THere is no reason for this and it is annoying. Why cannot contacts be eliminated. I'm tired of looking at names of deceased people (it's been a rough year!). Please stop improving things... it's only making an already big mess bigger.

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to open contacts

Unable to open contacts.

221st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. contact list on tablet

Please make contact lists available on the tablet format. I use my lists often when using my computer/browser and really miss this capability when using my tablet.

844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1264th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accommodating contacts who have no email addresses

Many, many people actually do not have an email address.
    We need that possibility for adding people and even businesses where the email address is not know or does not even exist. This is a show-stopper./

900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. automatic pick up of e mail address in addition to the typed one should not be allowed

while a person wants to send e mail to one address only a second address should not appear automatically in the same line or in other words only one address in a line and any additional address should appear as copy to only.

1085th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Select All" for Contact Lists

When composing an email addressed to members in a "Contact List" there should be a button which allows you to "Select All".

673rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sending email to multiple contacts now appears impossible

Sending email to multiple contacts now appears impossible

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. contact phone number formatting

Phone number format should be (NPA) NXX-XXXX
    Do NOT remove the parens or the dashes when I enter a number.
    The are there for readability.

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. TWO STARS

TWO STARS
    Have two kinds of stars to denote important and very important messages in the email, one yellow (as of now) and one red.

1085th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. groups

I would like a way to print out only the contacts I have placed in a list,

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I understand that we are no longer allowed to categorize or sort email addresses in our address book anymore... Please return that feature.

Without the sorting feature (being able to categorize or sort addresses in the contacts portion of Yahoo), my contacts list is a BIG MESS. Please return the ability to assign emails to categories. This is making us work much harder than before, which is NOT an "upgrade."

1085th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLEASE add the feature to auto insert a new contact from an email in one's inbox (this feature exists in Old Mail)

PLEASE add the feature to auto insert a new contact from an email in one's inbox (this feature exists in Old Mail)

800th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quick 'add contact option'

Like Outlook. Please add quick access option to add contacts when one scrolls over the e-mail and generate a 'card' as a drop down. Have a very diffifult time copy and paste the e-mail address as it tends to high-light the whole 'card'.

514th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add e-mail recipients to contacts.

Please, add the option of outgoing e-mails to have the recipients added to contacts if the sender chooses. Usually there is a back-and-forth correspondence and the information would come in very handy.

Very respectfully,

Don ************

**************@yahoo.com

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base