New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autofill Fix

Include a method to edit or add autofill contacts--not just delete them:
    The recipient line does not always autofill when typing a saved contact. This occurs most commonly with some new contacts that were readded after being removed contacts from autofill function.

768th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggest that New Mail is further improved from its version available 1August by:

Suggest that New Mail is further improved from its version available 1August 2019 by: increasing the number of keystrokes required to check on the contents from 3 to 7 or any other undefined number. Till the latest version I only required 2 keystrokes. Now I need to search for "more info" with a 3rd keystroke. Heaven forbid that I should want to use the same surname again, well that requires a further 10 keystrokes to re-enter the searched name, typically 10 characters long, so the latest version increases the number of keystrokes from 2 to 13!
    Also, it appears that…

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. classic works for my operating systen, the new format does not.

Classic email works for me. The new version does not allow me to access my entire contact lest. I will have to find a new email provider.

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Where are my group contact folders? I like the idea of contact on your right, however bring back the group folder contact.

Please bring back the Group mailing folders. Lost all my email contact group folders, or selected group mailing folders.

673rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suggested contancts

Please find a way to delete suggested contacts in yahoo mail toolbar. It's so annoying that it makes me want to not use yahoo ever again. I am sure there are a lot of people there sharing my opinion,

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Groups

THE GROUPS should carry over NOT just the contacts! I have 1200 contacts in 50+ groups. I don't have time to make new groups! I took me over a decade to make the groups! I'm an international touring musician -- groups by countries and regions and who is in management, hospitality, press, recording, education, etc... WTF???

900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding new contacts to a group

There needs to be a simple way for me to paste a bunch of email addresses into a new group. The contact page is way too complicated. Keep it simple!

799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merged Contacts

I have two separate yahoo accounts. The contacts have been merged, creating a giant mess. There should be an option to to not have merged email contacts .

900th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need option to permanently delete history of permanently deleted contacts/e-mails

Even after permanently deleting a contact as well as ALL related e-mails- a record still exists of that contact and message history...bad for a new marriage!

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. add contacts to address book

When I look through emails in my inbox or email a new person, I want to be able to right-click and add them to my address book, in a specific list if necessary

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. when addressing emails contact list displays only 2 or 3 contacts while old version displayed 5 or 6. Can't expand window to display more.

Previous version displayed 5-6 contacts at a time to choose from while addressing emails. This displays only 2-3 at a time. Unable to expand window to display more. Very slow, time consuming, cumbersome and frustrating!

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. contacts

I send out mass emails. I am always taken back to the old Yahoo. Why is this? Please set it all up so that we can go to our contacts on the new Yahoo.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  40 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Gentlemen:

Gentlemen:
    For years, I've had my contacts sorted alphabetically by LAST name. For some reason, you've changed them and now they are sorted alphabetically by FIRST name. I much prefer alpha by LAST name, and I'd like for you to correct the situation. We can put a man on the moon, and you're capable of hacking into my computer and having your way with it. So, I'm confident you're able to accommodate my request. I'm not sure why you feel compelled to fix something that isn't broke. Although some have the mindset that if something isn't broke, lets fix it…

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. undo deleted auto suggest email contacts

So, I "x"ed out some emails that were auto-suggested while entering contacts. I have a large group of people and the ones I have to email weekly varies. I did not realize that "x"ing them out would mean they never get suggested again-- I thought I was just removing them as options for that one message. Now many are missing and it looks like they have been deleted altogether! You need to have a way to undo this as it's way too easy to accidentally delete a contact.

1084th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Full contact

Show full contact fields in Andriod App.

Right now you can't see all the contact fields in Andriod app like you can on https://address.yahoo.com

Change the Yahoo email andriod app to show all contact fields

844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. REMOVE NAME TAGS!!! When I send an email, the email address & name of persons I am sending email(s) to are NOT listed on email.

When I SEND an email, neither the email address nor the name of the person that I am sending the email to is shown. Instead the ICON NAME/NAME TAG is shown (for example, instead of "**********@email.com" being shown on the email, the ICON NAME "BROTHER" is being shown). I want the EMAIL ADDRESS AND/OR the NAME of the person listed that I am sending the email to.

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create groups from outgoing email

It would be extremely helpful and efficient to be able to create a group of contacts directly from an outgoing email, without necessarily needing to add the individual contacts to my contact list

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. What happened to my Yahoo Mail contacts?

I went to send an email to someone, and typed the first letter of their name. In the past,this has always linked to their full address, as listed in my contacts. This time, it didn't. I tried several people, and it failed in each case. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY YAHOO CONTACTS? Now I've got to type in each person's e-mail address completely? Sometimes I send the same message to a dozen people! WHY ARE THE LISTED CONTACTS NOT COMPLETING THE E-MAIL ADDRESSES ANY MORE?!?!?!?

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base