New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What happened to my Yahoo Mail contacts?

I went to send an email to someone, and typed the first letter of their name. In the past,this has always linked to their full address, as listed in my contacts. This time, it didn't. I tried several people, and it failed in each case. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY YAHOO CONTACTS? Now I've got to type in each person's e-mail address completely? Sometimes I send the same message to a dozen people! WHY ARE THE LISTED CONTACTS NOT COMPLETING THE E-MAIL ADDRESSES ANY MORE?!?!?!?

1263rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. moment the mail is sent or receive from a person the address contact should automatically be stored by the system and we should not search f

moment the mail is sent or received from a person the address contact should automatically be stored by the system and we should not search for it please

99th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When in a mailing list and one contact has two contact addresses, I have to copy and paste 2nd email to add to email.

You should be able to click on both addresses to add to the "To" line when composing an email.

978th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. contacts

Contacts DO NOT POPULATE the "TO" line when you type the recipients name. The contact folder cannot be found in the new Yahoo Email design. When you click on the Contacts folder on the upper right it takes you completely back to the "Old" format. Clicking on the "TO" on the recipient line does NOT access the address book. What good is a new format for email that does NOT include my contacts. Basically the new format is incomplete and it SUCKS. I don't plan to use it anymore especially since several users have completely lost all of their contacts.…

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow sender to be added to contacts easily.

The old email allowed one to get that sender onto contact list. This new one needs that feature.

1084th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The 'List' feature isn't working. When I want to type the start of a list I've created in the 'To:' field, the system doesn't recognize it.

Please fix this issue. If you are going to make 'List' (a specific group of emails) an option, then please fix the issue. It's very inconvenient to have to type each individual in the 'To' field instead of using one of my 'Lists'.

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Contact names in blocks. ie social, work all grouped together

I wanted to tidy up my email addresses. But, I'm not sure under what group each name belongs too? i.e. Social, Work etc. Please, can you advise?

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting

Artsy Fartsy Icons you put in front of my contacts list for cc,bcc or forward: How do I get rid of those. Totally annoying and distracting.
    Slows me down. Totally useless ****.

1084th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Auto generated card visible only to you - instructions needed. Current help and instructions are inaccurate.

Auto generated card has wrong info showing and in the past I could change it by clicking on the 3 dots on the card. Those dots are gone and instructions for changing the information are inaccurate. Would love current instructions available.

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need to copy and past the comprehensive e-mail address list from one e-mail to another?

Title says it best. Receive an e-mail on a wide distribution list, and need to forward another e-mail to that listing. However, when attempting to copy and paste the e-mail lists from the received e-mail, it only copies the names, not the e-mail addresses! How dumb can you folks at Yahoo get?

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. contacts To

I want to add new contacts or edit contact's info from the To: CC: textboxes without out going to contacts page.

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove top contacts from search bar

I would love it if I could clear out my top contacts from the search bar within Mail. The ones listed are not even in my contact list.

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to create new contacts on mobile

In the current mobile app, there is no way to save a new contact. This is slightly frustrating, as while I do have a computer, I very rarely access my email with it, and not everyone has a computer to use to add new contacts. I would appreciate if this feature could be added to the app.

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please give us back the Import Fb Contact option to our mails

Please give us back the Import Fb Contact option to our mails

1844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be helpful if you could add the contacts from your email using a shortcut. As a small business user this function is very useful.

It would be helpful if you could add the contacts from your email using a shortcut. As a small business user this function is very useful.

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Contacts !!!

Contacts !!! I especially need to be able to reach all the GROUPS/LISTS that I set up under the old mail.

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When will you move the contact list to the new format. Hard to believe you left that out while spending time on setting up stupid colors.

When will you move the contact list to the new format. Hard to believe you left that out while spending time on setting up stupid colors

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please don't allow the adding of spam addresses to my address book.

When someone sends me spam, I notice that the spam email address gets saved in my "auto complete." Please remove that feature --- if an email is SPAM, I don't want or need it ever, never, at all. Saving SPAM emails is unnecessary and borders on dangerous.

1493rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile Multi-contact Deleting

Need the ability to delete more than one contact at a time in the app AND PC version of Yahoo Mail. The mobile one-at-a-time restriction is ridiculous.

1263rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base