New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto add reciepents in yahoo app

The "STOP" auto add recipients I was referring to was in the yahoo mail app. Your response was to yahoo mail in a browser. It seems like the yahoo mail in the browser would or should sync the settings from the browser to the yahoo mail app. The yahoo mail app is what has added thousands of people I have emailed or replied to in an email. I want to stop this function in the app itself and there is not a way to do that.

1843rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CONTACTS ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE THRU THE NEW MAIL. HOW STUPID IS THAT??

STILL CANNOT ACCESS MY CONTACTS THRU THE NEW MAIL. HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS. WHEN THE OLD MAIL FORMAT IS DISCONTINUED THIS WEEK ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM? IF I LOSE MY CONTACTS, YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME.

1491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Very frustrating, especially on android phone

1. Can't find contacts on android phone. 2. Auto-generated address card doesn't allow me to copy-paste underlying email address. 3. Contact search doesn't find strings unless they are at the start of email ID.

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access contact list created in yahoo mail desk top through the yahoo mail app

Would it be possible to select an e-mail distribution list set up in yahoo through the yahoo phone app.

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing s

Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing stuff that isn't wrong. (You've been taking lessons from microsloth is my guess).

1081st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. contacts icon needs improvement

In the current design/layout of the mail home page, one searches like mad for the "contacts"-function. The minute icon with a rectangle and three dots on the right does not stand out as THE icon for contacts.
    All right, once found it is there, but this certainlay deserves improvement .

898th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. To field doesn't offer my contacts, but everyone I've ever replied to!!!!!!!!

I have 3 people in my contacts list. When I click "To" it offers everybody I've ever replied to from my community lists but NOT MY CONTACTS. This is why Yahoo is my junk email, not my name one.

1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove or change the contact card system

The contact card system can pick up bad info from social sites and you have no way to control what others see. Everyone should be able to completely control their card and any changes they make should take place anywhere the card is located.

618th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I spent an hour trying to find my contacts list. It should be posted on the left menu bar for easy access.

Post the Contact link on the left menu bar for easy access. It's really hard to find it and if you click out, it's difficult remembering how you got there in the first place.

976th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integration of Contacts into Email Interface

As you work on updating Contacts to be more modern, as you have with Mail, please consider the following functions.
    - copy an email address from within a received email To, CC, BC without having to highlight and hover
    - page to enter more info on a new contact so that when you receive an email from a new contact you can generate a contact reference to include address and phone number
    - ability to add a new contact to a group from within the mail interface, allowing the ability to manage lists and groups without having to navigate away…

844th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Large contact list maintenance support function

I have a fairly large personal contact file (700+) that is a pain to maintain and for which there are no good tools. There are two issues.
    (1) I've been a YAHOO mail user since dinosaurs roamed the earth and although I occasionally purge contacts, I still end up with >1 address for many people as they change email addresses.

(2) There are also a few addresses that no longer work for contacts that I may not have another address for, so undeliverable. Not as big a problem as (1), but still an issue.

A solution.

A single solution via…

1491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When I go into contacts it puts me back on the old Yahoo

Stay on one or the other with contacts

236th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2672nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix problem with contacts that takes you back to the old mail format.

Fix the problem that takes you back to the old format to do anything relating to contacts.

463rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. delete old email addresses

Can't delete old email addresses. The earlier format had an "X" that allowed to delete.

289th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sort contacts by date added

Add the ability to manage contacts by date added. This will allow for easy way to delete old ones. I, for example, added thousands of contacts years ago when importing some business related contacts. I have no need for these contacts now. With this feature, people will be able to clean up their contacts easier and make it better in creating lists.

1491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. unable to add or edit sender address from viewing mail itself is not available in new yahoo mail, kindle update that one is very useful

unable to add or edit sender / CC address from viewing mail itself is not available in new yahoo mail, kindly update that one, whicis very useful, which we done in earlier one, now it is not available

5033rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1843rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lists for Basic.

I am being forced back to “Basic” email as I have an XP operating system. I need the ability to use my “lists” of grouped email contacts. I send out dog rescue run sheets to groups of people at once. I was able to do that before but now not on the basic email. Can you PLEASE add use of lists to the basic version. I believe I’m paying for Pro Lots of people still use XP. Thank you.

2672nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable us to change sender's display name on incoming email - their name, not ours

I receive emails from 'info', or 'customer service', or 'Bob', or other unidentifiable/common names, and want to be able to personalise regular/important contacts so their email display name is meaningful to me. I thought saving them as a Contact would mean the Name would be displayed, but they didn't work. Also tried editing the e-contact card...no luck. The Nickname seems an obvious choice to me - I imagine lots of people would want to identify incoming mail by the nickname they've given their contact, but that didn't work either.

I know the official procedure is to ask them to change…

1491st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base