Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1214 results found

1. Contact sorting by last name

Despite setting the contact list to sort by last name, it constantly reverts to sorting by first name. How can I make sorting by last name permanent? Thanks.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. auto populate email addresses not working

It's not a new idea, my email addresses in my contacts no longer autofill. This is not acceptable. I will need to get a new email if this cannot be fixed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Whenever I use my Yahoo lists the parties' phone numbers appear in the bcc line along with the address.

Whenever I use my Yahoo lists the parties' phone numbers appear in the bcc line along with the address. How to return this to normal?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. show sender's email addresses

please allow users to see actual email addresses of the sender without the need to hover over the sender's name.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. let us copy email addresses we get in our own emails or in our contacts! this is far too important to ignore.

why on earth are you NOT allowing us to highlight or copy an email address in our mail or contacts? That's a HUGE disservice. We need to use this beyond just addressing an email on your service! Good Lord, how could you be so stupid as to stop us copying emails we need to share or use with others? some of this is very important since it involves documenting and reporting spoofs, important personal business, giving service emails to others, etc.
    You HIDE THE ACTUAL CONTACT EMAIL ADDY WHEN WE ADDRESS OUR EMAILS. you show a really stupid horrible button…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. deleting multiple contacts at once

Please make it easier to select multiple contacts to delete in the newer version. Having to click each contact and delete one by one is painful and wastes a lot of time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please return the block sender function the new version sucks!! I am continuously getting emails that I can not block

Please return the block sender function the new version sucks!! I am continuously getting emails that I cannot block!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have my contacts placed in contacts folder on my iPhone. My Yahoo mail has downloaded all in to mail contacts folder as default setting.

Yahoo mail has downloaded all the contacts from my contacts folder in my phone even those who do not have email address and when I delete the contacts from Yahoo mail contacts it is deleting the information from the contacts folder on my phone also. This is ridiculous. I just wanted to remove the unwanted contacts from Yahoo Mail not from my contacts folder on my phone where I need them for different purpose. How do I delink Yahoo mail from my contacts folder on my iPhone. Gathering information from all sources and dumping on the user is unwanted. Default…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I begin with a few letters of a contact, suggested names appear and at least 1 is a deceased person that is not in my contact list.

When I begin with a few letters of a contact, suggested names appear and at least 1 is a deceased person that is not in my contact list. Top or recent contacts should be limited to a couple of weeks or be a list that is editable. The list should be for our convenience, not some scheme of Yahoo. There are often email exchanges that I do not ever want to see again after a couple of days.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. help

Mail göndermek istediğimde alıcı eklerken kişiler listesine ulaşılamıyor

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Contact retrieval problem

I added two contacts to my yahoo mail yesterday. I have to go in to my contacts and look them up then click on the email address to add them to an email. All of my other contacts you enter the first letter of the contacts name and all contacts with that letter appear. Why don't the new additions come up?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. you make it impossible to auto delete unwanted addresses. Yahoo mail used to be the one to have it is now a joke!

i have spent most of one day trying to clean up my laptop, I have found that yahoo has lost its mind in the hoops they make its users have to do it manually. I will will be getting some other mail app in the morning whoever is the brain-dead geek who made the decision to do this should get a life

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CONTACTS

doesn't look like you pay any attention to what people have been saying. before you could see your whole list, click cc or bcc all the way down the list.NOT NOW Go back to the old way, change is now always for the better.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PUT BACK THE OLD CONTACT LIST!

Put back the old contact list. Clicking your life away like you have to do now is outrageous. PUT THE OLD VERSION BACK OR GIVE US THE OPTION TO RESTORE THE OLD VERSION OF YAHOO MAIL--which was FAAAAAARRRRRRR superior to the **** you stuck me with!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  45 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Your new format idea leaks private info

I'm not opting to save all of my contacts especially my "top" contact. My top contact was never a someone who I communicated with who I never saved in my contact and suddenly Yahoo decides that they're my "top" comment, kindly **** yourself. I know what you're doing.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore contact functionality

Please restore contact functionality so we can clean up multiple contacts, merge contacts, etc. as we used to be able to do. Now the Yahoo! "address book" is a dumb tool. I will have to export everything to my Gmail account, edit everything there, delete nearly 5,000 contacts in my Yahoo accounts, then re-import everything from scratch. This will take me months or years to complete because of removed functionalities. The upgrade was anything but.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set email expiration date by email sender

Allow me to save a sender as a contact -- such as a retail chain -- and then add a timeframe to have their emails automatically archived or deleted. For example, I get 100s of emails each month from the Washington Post. Since these are mostly news items, I would like to set them to archive or delete automatically after a month from receipt. Now I have to search for all of them, refreshing the list until I've captured all of them, then mark them all and delete them. I have to do this for all my senders every quarter…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get rid of phone number on contact card

Contact card. Why are they putting a phone number on the contact card. That is an infringement on personal privacy. They never had permission to use or to put it on my contact card. This is not good that they are pulling information from other sources and putting it on a contact card. That is bad and that practice needs to stop. We have a right to our privacy even when using Yahoo's email system. This should not be standard practice.

People should be concerned. This is a form of tracking and data mining. No wonder I have been getting…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Contacts not appearing after being saved

Dear Yahoo, extremely disappointed with your service.
    3 times I created the same two contacts and when trying to email them, they are nowhere to be found! I even restarted Yahoo Mail. Please look into it.

Thank you,
    Mariana

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?