Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

90 results found

1. contact whose email is assigned to another person

In veterans organizations we reuse the same email address when an officer is elected to that position.
    It is frustrating (when the previous user has been removed from that email) when the previous users name shows up.
    please correct this issue.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook at Yahoo Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: help.yahoo.com

Looking forward to your reply! 

Thank you, 

Yahoo team

2. Don't automatically combine contacts

Stop "combining" contacts. Went to send an email to my Dad (same real name but was different name in my contacts) and could not find it! His info and my son's had all been combined into MY contact info.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Could you please message us on Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook at Yahoo Customer Care? We'd like to look more into the issue you're experiencing. In case you do not have a social media account, we are also available at: help.yahoo.com

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

3. I've lost all my contacts! **@yahoo.com

I've lost all my contacts!
    **@yahoo.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

4. where to contact for support or help

I am unable to update my new password on yahoo app, deleting and recreating also not possible. No text on the button, cannot type as well.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

5. autopopulate

auto-populate has stopped working. it is a convenient feature. why doesn't it work anymore?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

6. Contact list

my contact list is gone how do i get it back???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My lists keep randomly removing people. I've complained about it before. It is a real problem!!!

My lists keep randomly removing people. I've complained about it before. It is a real problem!!! It also duplicates one of my "list" names and moves people off of the real one and onto the duplicate. Again, i get no notification and what it means for us is that people are not receiving very important information and I don't know they aren't receiving it because they were randomly removed from the email list.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

8. I need free help with my e-mail account.

I am not computer literate. I am 84 yrs old and have been on this darn computer for hours trying to locate all my favorites that I had linked to my e-mail page. Can someone please help me. ***@yahoo.com

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

9. It is extremely difficult to delete old email addresses from yahoo mail. I try deleting them from contacts but they don't stop autofilling.

It is difficult to remove obsolete email addresses from Yahoo mail. Deleting them from contacts doesn't make them go away. Clicking on the "X" to the right of an autofilled email address sometimes deletes them but often will not. It is terrible because for some people I have 5 or 10 obsolete email addresses that autofill and I can never find the correct email address. Yahoo should make it easier and more intuitive to delete old email addresses that are being autofilled.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

10. Contact icon / favicon - how can we amend?

There should be an easier way to amend the favicon / icon that appears next to the contact when you open an email. The icon showing for my business is outdated but there is no easy way to change it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

11. Conhtacts list are no longer in my e-mail folder

All my contacts disappered when you changed everything up i work from home and now the company addresses are gone Somebody needs to be FIRED at Yahoo now!!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

12. **@yahoo.com

لايمكنني الوصول الى بريدي

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, 

Thank you, 

Yahoo Mail team

13. This mandatory field makes no sense

I seem to have a contact list. I get an option to add the sender of an existing email to it. But other than that there seems to be no access to it whatsoever. Kind of useless.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook on our Yahoo Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.yahoo.com
    Thank you!

14. Make deleting a contact possible!

Can NOT delete a contact. All instructions say to click the more icon (...) and select delete. I click on the more icon and the ONLY option is EDIT. There is NO delete!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Good afternoon!!!!! Please help me restore my account. My letters are very important to me for work

Good afternoon!!!!! Please help me restore my account. My letters are very important to me for work

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear that! We’d like to further investigate this, can you message us directly on Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook on our Yahoo Customer Care page? In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.yahoo.com

Thank you!

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue! Can you send us a message on Twitter at @YahooCare or contact us at help.yahoo.com through the ‘’Contact us’’ link? We’d like to investigate this issue.

Thank you!
    Yahoo Mail team

17. Contact editing / finding

Contact Editing / Finding
    It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to Edit a Contact.
    Where is the menu?
    Last time I somehow found a menu to edit a contact after about 30 minutes of searching.
    I want to add a Name to an existing E-Address.

The E-Address without a Name does Not even show up on the Contact list, but it exists, and I can use the E-Address in the Send-to section on an E-Letter being prepared.
    Yahoo needs to improve the Contact List functions including Finding Editing command menu and displaying ALL EXISTING E-Addresses on the Contact List.
    These Contact functions…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It will not allow me to ADD my Grandaughter's email address

Is there a LIMIT on contacts? I have about 12 but it will not allow me to ADD my Granddaughter even though it shows it, etc but never appears on the CONTACTS LIST

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

19. Stop changing things

Stop making everything NEW. Every time you change something, I lose things in my email. This time it is contacts. They just disappeared. I cannot get them back and I cannot afford $4.99 to find out what to do. With the quantity of ads you run on a daily basis, I would think you could well afford to offer free help to your subscribers,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

20. HOW CAN I GET MY PREVOUS MAILS????

Dear Team

My previous mails are not showing in the history. kindly get back the mails as they are very important to me.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base