New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't add sender's email address to contact list

Please retain the function of adding the new sender's email address to our contact list. Now only Yahoo mail can't do it compare to hotmail, outlook and gmail.

399th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to duplicate an existing contact list

The old Yahoo Mail had the ability to create a duplicate of an existing contact list, and then edit/revise it. YOU HAVE REMOVED THIS ESSENTIAL FEATURE. I cannot understand why you would do that.

I have a new list I wish to create. An old list contains 95% of the contacts I wish to have in the new list. Yet, in order to do that, it appears I must 1) export my ENTIRE contact list, 2) edit that list using Excel or other spreadsheet tool (reducing 3000 contacts to 90, which is incredibly time-consuming), and then 3) import the revised…

1504th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. contact list

Restore the one-click 'auto fill to contact list' when you were reading an email. It was nice that it allowed you to decide if you wanted to add them to you contact list, and then had to 'do a positive action' to make it happen. You had this function in your Classic Mail, but the new mail does not. Now you have to type everything and watch out for typo !!

543rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sending emails to contacts in the contact list

Please put back the capability of going to an individual contact list. Then checking specific contacts in the contact list and sending one or multiple individuals in that contact list an email. Your current system of using the contact list is horrible. Additionally when I remove a contact from the contact list. I do not want to continually see the old email address that was removed every time I sent that individual an email. It is confusing and causes you to have to verify the correct email address. Thank You.

255th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Contacts

How about not losing and multiplying my contact lists with multiple names!!

986th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Your Contacts area is horrible.

You need to go back to the old system for contacts.
    It does not allow easy editing, easy to read notes, it is difficult to control the lists.

I use Yahoo for my work and honestly I'm looking for an alternative because the bulk of your changes are not user friendly and are just horrible. I need to now find an alternative way to keep my client listing of contact info because yours is so bad.
    If it is not fixed by the end of the year I may have to say goodbye to Yahoo.

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Some of My friends changed their email address. now when I want to send them email, all the previous emails (even from 3 years ago) appear

Some of My friends changed their email address. now when I want to send them email, all the previous addresses (even from 3 years ago) appear in "TO" section suggestion list. Then I get confused that which Address is the working one!; So I have to send email to all previous and recent addresses of my friend or write all the addresses on a paper and check my contact book to see what is the working one!!!! why I can not delete an address from the suggestions? I think it is much better that you provide suggestion from last one…

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In my sent mail it is not providing all the email to a contact’s email that I type in. It is only showing limited emails to this contact

In my sent mail it is not providing all the email to a contact’s email that I type in. It is only showing limited emails to this contact

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Intermixing contact accounts

You have mixed my personal contacts from my cell phone in with another email account we have. I don't recall asking to have personal contacts mixed with our Yahoo account contacts.

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In my contacts list yahoo put a default icon beside each contact. It is distracting & irrevelant to the contact. Remove them please.

Please remove the default icons that yahoo places beside each contact in my contact list. The icons are distracting & irrevelant to the contacts. Or, at least give me the option to turn OFF that feature.

1857th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sync Windows 10 New Yahoo Contacts with iPhone and iPad Contacts

Since the recent changes, any NEW Contacts I set up on my Windows 10 computer no longer sync with my iPhone 6 or iPad. Only existing contacts sync.

I contacted Support and followed their instructions to delete and re-install the Yahoo Mail app but this did not help. When I contacted them again, they said it may not be possible to sync to iPhone or iPad. At least, I think that's what they meant: "We understand that you would like to see the contacts on the iPhone device, however currently due to the feature of contact is still under development,…

1093rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 850th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group list android

Can you please add the ability to create group lists from contacts in the Android mail app? This would be very helpful to many I'm sure

1268th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. new contact from email

Restore ability to add sender of an email to contacts without having to retype the email address

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. deleting contacts is a huge pain. scrolling through many contacts that i had years and years ago and manually deleting them takes time

Ability to sort contacts by date added and the select box to the left and then mass delete contacts. Would give the option to delete dark data from yahoo servers to the individual. Alternatively, delete all contacts and then upload only new contacts via vcards through an email to yourself.

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why do I see my email page get smaller and have the contact to my right without a choice? Leave the service alone before I leave the service

Leave the email service alone...the new moves your making cause a distraction and a waste of time

2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2720th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sorting contacts and add the number of contacts in a list.

Please add sorting by first name and last name. Also, the i need to see how many people are in my lists. a counter would be extremely helpful.

906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. contact card

There is no way to hover over an e-mail address and 'Add' or 'Edit' contacts as in the old system.

In the old system the contact card had three dots, if you hovered over you could 'Add' or 'Edit. In the new system there is no menu on the contact card. It just says 'Auto generated card visible only to you'.

This makes it extremely inconvenient to add new contacts and is the main reason I'm not switching.

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CONTACT SEARCH DIFFICULTIES

cannot add a new contact unless we have email address. Some clients do not have email addresses. This is totally ridiculous. So therefore we cannot keep contact numbers. please change this - email should not
    be mandatory to add a contact

707th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base