Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

124 results found

1. We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. why do i have to pay for no ads?

why are there ads and why do i have to pay to apparently still have them?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there. This issue should be fixed now, in case you’re still seeing ads while you’re paying to stop them, please contact us directly on Twitter at @YahooCare or on Facebook on our Yahoo Customer Care page. In case you do not have a social media account, please contact us at help.yahoo.com

Thank you!

3. Recover emails from childhood as well as the deceased

Hello,

I had an email account from 2001-2005. I am absolutely devastated all my emails are gone when Yahoo decided to erase all our content. I must have some written when I was around 13 years-old that were on there. Also I had emails from my grandmother. She died in 2008. Is there anyway to get these emails back?

Thank you,

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your loss!

If an account is unused or dormant for 12 months, it is deactivated and its emails are deleted, more info here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2018.html

If this does not apply to you, You can try doing a search or doing an email restore if the email was deleted in the past 7 days.

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

In case you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

4. emails gone

I admit I have not logged into this email account for a while, maybe about six months or so, but I come back and see that all my emails are gone? That is kinda one of the most basic things an email service is supposed to do isn't it? Hold onto emails? And if you guys were going to dump all my emails it seems like I should of gotten some notice or some warning... or some chance to save those emails.

I hope yahoo will be able to resolve this matter.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If an account is unused or dormant for 12 months, it is deactivated and its emails are deleted, more info here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2018.html

If this does not apply to you, You can try doing a search or doing an email restore if the email was deleted in the past 7 days.

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

In case you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

5. Don't automatically delete old messages

don't automatically delete conversations older than 18 months
    I desperately need to view messages from 2019, plus there are priceless pictures from several years ago that are just GONE!!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sometimes when a mailbox behaves like this it’s because of another program or app the account is being accessed from. Syncing issues between the account and a mail app can cause emails to be moved around oddly.

If you access the account through a mobile device or app, you may want to remove the account from the device and re-add it to resolve any syncing issues in the future.

6. How do I retrieve my old email. I have some very important emails in the year 2015 September to December.

How do I retrieve my old emails. I have some very important emails in the year 2015 September to December.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MISSING EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!

I am missing a very specific email I am trying to locate. The new format only says I received an email in July 2018. WHERE IS IT THE EMAIL?!?!?! I NEED IT!!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't roll all the messages into one

This new Yahoo mail STINKS. It's just like GMail, which I won't use for the same problem. I hate how email threads are truncated and I can't get back into them. I use Yahoo to plan weddings and I need to be able to see ALL the prior emails from my clients. I also hate that the emails are no longer sorted by date. Whose idea was this and who thought it was a good idea? On top of that, I can't even vote for all the other people who feel the same way. Yahoo, you BLEW it! Thank God…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

Please clear the browser cache and cookies. You can also try another browser to see if the same issue occurs. If you still encounter issues please reach out to us on Twitter (@YahooCare) or on Facebook (Yahoo Customer Care) and send us the error message in a DM.

10. email gone

so i had a email account with yahoo for gaming had it for over 10 years close to 15 i took a break came back bout 8 months later now and the email is gone?How can u just delete my yahoo account?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send a verification code via text message/email when you create a Yahoo account or make security changes to an existing account. You’ll need to enter the verification code when prompted to confirm your account or changes.

If you received a verification code via text/email but didn’t create an account or make security changes, then someone else mistyped their number and accidentally used yours. Don’t worry, they won’t be able to move forward with your mobile number because they don’t have possession of your phone to get the verification code.

12. tabs

Why do tabs now close if I move away from that email..? I left it open for a reason - sometimes I need to refer to another site, for example - and when I come back, the email I need is closed. It's frustrating & wasn't an issue in previous versions.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Click on settings then scroll a bit down and toggle the option next to “Message tabs” On

13. yahoo mail contents deleted

Dear Team,

My entire yahoo mail is been deleted. I did get the alert whilst signing in that unauthorised access attempted. Also my brother received unwanted email from this email address.

Please advise how can I access to the yahoo mail with my contents of yahoo mail.

Kind regards,

****** John

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can find and remove unusual activity on your account by following the steps here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/find-remove-unusual-activity-yahoo-account-sln2073.html

Here’s an article regarding finding missing emails: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln4538.html

Please be advised that our restore process is completely automated, and we can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days. Any messages that can be restored will reappear in your mailbox or trash folder within 8 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 8 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable.

14. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My inbox is showing empty

My inbox is showing empty.

I logged in after around 3 months.

Please help on priority.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. yahoo.com vs yahoo.com.ph

Hi, how can I see messages from iCloud. I registered my account yahoo.com in icloud and eventually it was migrated to yahoo.com.ph. I cannot receive the reset password email from iCloud because the one registered is ******************.**@yahoo.com and not *.*******************@yahoo.com.ph. Please help. I cannot use my iPhone for months now. thanks for the assistance

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most Yahoo accounts end in “@yahoo.com”. The domain extension is the “.com” part. Some older accounts have a different extension depending on the location and language where they were created. You can no longer create accounts with Yahoo domains other than “@yahoo.com”.

If you have a Yahoo ID with a different local domain, like “@yahoo.co.uk” or “@yahoo.fr”, make sure you include the correct domain extension–the “.co.uk” or “.fr” part–when giving out your email address. If an email is sent to the wrong domain, it won’t be delivered.

18. Please make sure the "block senders" actually works. I have blocked (and deleted) many spam emails and I continue to receive them.

Please make sure the block senders works and blocks and deletes the emails it is supposed to. Mine has not worked and I continue to receive spam from many senders.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When blocking an address, make sure that it is 100% the same as the sender when adding it in the Settings. Keep in mind that messages already being filtered to Spam can’t be blocked, as our Spam filters take precedence over any filters or settings on the account. If you mark an email as Spam and it keeps coming in, verify that the sending address isn’t different. If it’s the same, let us know via the Help pages or our forums:

https://forums.yahoo.com

Thank you!
    Mail Support

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried general browser troubleshooting or a different browser? If not, please try these steps: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln2891.html

If the issue still occurs after those steps, you can reach out to our team via Twitter(@YahooCare) for further assistance.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

20. *** Yahoo?

So, I complain that you are censoring my posts yesterday and today i get a call from Haji somewhere in Bumfoo, India saying he's from YAHOO and wants to access my computer because my e-mail address is now associated with illegal **** sites. Way to go YAHOO! You really do know how to solve a problem.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there. It does not sound like you were contacted by an official Yahoo representative. Here’s an article to help you identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2070.html

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base