New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. filter

You need to be able to "add selected email" to an existing filter. If you want people to use Yahoo. It gets too filled up with junk/spam/political stuff otherwise. Plus the "settings button" is very hard to find on normal view, and the filter tab works poorly (pull down menu disappears beyond bottom of page)

154th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. move commands

On my Android cellphone after I move a message (from inbox) to a folder, when I move a second message it opens SAME area of folders list where I moved 1st message. This is the behavior that I want.
    But on my PC (Windows 10) for the move command it Always open the folders list at the start of the list.
    Is there a way to set on a PC behavior as on Android cellphone?

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please Replace the "me"in my inbox with my actual name .

I mentioned it before. I've sent links of websites or of photos to myself from my phone, to keep in my e-mail, but ever since I upgraded, instead of seeing my name in the inbox folder ( I would send things to myself, or receive e-mails from people, but my full name was listed instead of the word "me" ) I now see the word me. I would really appreciate it if you would kindly remove the word "me" and please allow me to see my full official name . It looks much better that way and for me, more…

150th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. hide folder

I want the option to hide the Trash folder. Gmail gives you the option to hide any folder (including Send, Trash, etc.). There's also an All Mail folder which is nice because it allows you to search through all folders at once for a specific message.

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WTF yahoo GOONS? Refreshing my Inbox and it moves to old date, like 8-30-18, instead of today.

WTF yahoo ****** engineers???? When I move back to my Inbox or refresh it, it scrolls down to a very old date! Sometimes Aug 2018, or Dec 2018 or Feb 2019 or Jan 2019 or Nov 2018??????????

You people are ******* and provide a POOR mail service.

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MARCH 5 2019 FOLDER ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ASAP

Pretty sure your competition will allow us to drag a folder, onto another folder name, and by releasing it on top of a folder, it (dragged folder) becomes a SUBFOLDER AUTOMATICALLY. This will IMPROVE OUR LIVES (all those who agree must vote specifically on what I'm raising, so this here is issue number 1)

2 -SINCE THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH #1, we are not, apparently, capable of creating a folder that has the same name. Like seriously, what if I wanted two folders with the same name? Or, what if I wanted to change the first folder name later?…

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. after accidently deleting from "sent" the email cannot be returned from deleted to "sent" - rectify asap

after accidently deleting from "sent" the email cannot be returned from deleted to "sent" - rectify asap

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Organize

I hope I can organize my folders my just simply drag them to create subfolders, etc

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "folder share no" Was Closed A a Yahoo Small Biz issue but ts not

"folder share no" Was Closed A a Yahoo Small Biz issue but ts not

Why, The Old email Portal will work fine,

https://mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.src=ym&reason=myc#5150

Mail is Fowarwded to the Acount is only the new Yahoo email Porta that makes it a sepaate email box https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1

Lets not be so quick Yahoo Admins to toss it over to the other side of the fence, Yahoo Small Business does not control Yahoo email !!

← New Mail
    folder share no
    Folder Share from Yahoo Biz Account not longer available, My Email and name.domain.com from small biz is forward to @yahoo.com now the folders

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There needs to be an empty archive folder option

Just as I there is an empty trash with one click option, there should be the same for inbox and archive folder

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. why is Yahoo mail count same as inbox mail count

When several folders have unopened messages, it would help to have the total included in the Yahoo count. Currently the Yahoo mail count is equal the Input folder count.

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. attachments too small and faint

Attachments are so small and faint that one gets no information from them on first inspection

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Modify Yahoo Browser Folder scroll bar move ability given to all end users

I have this same issue and because I can't see my user created long Folder Names I have to go to my iPhone to manage to add or change the Folders. This is an easy change for Yahoo to make and I suggest to everyone to vote positively on the request.

Please Continue reading for this enhancement

Modify the Yahoo eMail browser screen by adding a double ending arrows to all the Folder Scroll Bar to be moved right or left for everyone. If any of the other Yahoo Users do not like this then they can just leave it…

4276th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple email addresses to the same filter

For each filter that you make, there should be a way to enter multiple emails into the "From" and "contains" to the same filter. With a comma or semicolon, perhaps, like when you place them into email messages? I spoke to a chat guy and he said that it cannot be done. This is very tedious to have to create 16 different email addresses to go to the same filter. Please advise if there is a way to do this. Thank you!

1213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Product Admin Support responded to a post that indeed add new folder was in the dropdown, Want to tell you it isn't and I need to make new

Admin responded to a request that add new folder was in the drop down, and I want to tell you it isn't, Please add NEW FOLDER choice. Thank you

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Views Folder

Hello,

one improvement that would be useful is the ability to delete all documents from the 'Views' folder. While it is a useful feature, I am a little apprehensive about the security aspect of not being able to permanently delete documents from this folder. If you can implement that security option, it would be an improvement. Thank you.

413th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to filter my emails to the appropriate folders. That is why I use Yahoo mail!!!

Please set up mail filtering in this format. I have ADD and need to have things sorted for me to be able to find what I need.

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. move

too many feedback messages to go through to see if any is the same as mine, so: in the 'classic' version, if you typed (a part of the) folder's name in 'find a folder', it would show the (sub) folders which contained the letters/word you typed, as it does now, but it would also show the name of the main folder, to enable you to choose the right folder if you named a sub folder identically

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show exact number of emails in Inbox

I hate that no even the Inbox folder is showing 999+ instead of the exact number if you have more than 1000 emails. Please reinstate the exact count!

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base