New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A suggestion on the folder column resize issue......

If Yahoo mail can't or won't allow resizing the folder, then perhaps it can "word wrap" the truncated names.

1335th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By showing the contents of incoming email for which reply has been done

Hi, Yahoo mail should display the contents of incoming email through which the message has been replied in sent folders. It will create better impact of messages on authorized Yahoo mailbox owner. Sometimes Yahoo doesn't display the replied message in sent folder as an inline text attachment. Yahoo should provide rich text editor on mobile browsers too. Yahoo should experiment by applying auto translation feature of English words to the user's nation's language without any download on the concerned devices. Thank you!

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add folders with passwords or pass numbers

Hi,

I feel quite safe with my yahoo password. I think it would be great if maybe there was a second question like a memorable date of birth to access the account.

I also receive a lot of emails from my banks. I would like to store them in my banking folder. It would be great for additional security if we could set up a further password or pass number for different folders in our yahoo account, for things like banking.

This would protect our folders from the possibility of hackers gaining sensitive information.

Please can you consider my idea…

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When filing emails in folders, the new format doesn't automatically bring up the last folder you used

With classic email, if you file an email in a folder, the next time you go to do so it automatically brings up the last folder you used, which is SO helpful! With the new format, it starts you at the top of the folder list each time. Know that emails often come in groups and so when filing, having the last choice appear is really a nice feature.

1642nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Want to see folder name for each email when I do a search

Every day I do searches. When I do a search, I want to see what folder each email is in. If the email is in the Inbox, then I either read it, scan it, or delete it. Since there is no column that list the folder for each email, my clean-up effort takes much longer and is extremely frustrating.

For example, if I do a search for emails from Amazon, I want to know which emails are in the inbox and which ones are already filed in a different folder. This helps in my search and clean up process tremendously.

1335th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop Ads Over Personal Email on Left Side of Screen

stop putting ads over my personal mail boxes on left side so that I can't see my own boxes. I would also like my personal email boxes to be up at the top of the left side of the screen instead of "views" which I never use.

116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. News etc. are now only US or english subjects in empty folders

Please pardon my poor English, The french custom cannot find a solution, they said to me to write : I want to have regionnaly news and videos in French from France or Belgium and no more US, english or
    other foreign publicities when I have the choice if I see an empty folder (Reception, drafts, send items).
    We have try many possibilities and parameters.within the localisation.
    **************@yahoo.fr (Liège Belgium > french talking)

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. folders

Make the area of the folders expandable to be able to see the full name of the folders

712th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to turn off sent message being copied to SENT folder

Option to turn off sent message being copied to SENT folder disappeared with new yahoo mail. The new mail automatically copies all sent messages to SENT folder. We need option to turn that off. It would be best if we have an option to turn that off from a particular source. Example - I have set my home security system to send e-mail from me to me when motion is detected. Now all those messages go to separate folder but same time all of them are sent to SENT folder also. This way it fills the folder with unwanted copies…

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1335th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. unread email count

unread email count on each mailbox no longer includes subfolders, which is highly misleading to those of us that use rules to auto-sort messages into the subfolders. Also, spam folder no longer shows a message count, so I don't know to look there for possible false-positives without actually going into the folder itself, which is a huge waste of time, especially with multiple mailboxes.

597th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. scroll feature is way to sensitive when moving mail to subfolders.

scroll feature is way to sensitive when moving mail to subfolders.

1000th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort by Sender (inbox) and by Recipient (sent) folders

Please add sort by sender/recipient back to the standard sort menu. The suggestion below to disable conversations is not user friendly. I can not imagine why you removed it.

787th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SPAM

An email was sent to SPAM which I recognised after I deleted it. I would hope by my mistake that I would have been able to retrieve this email instantaneously if it was sent to deleted items. Can this be amended in a way as a question, 'are you sure?' without opening the email. What I currently do is hover the mouse over the recipient without clicking onto the email to be sure it is SPAM … unfortunately, I didn't do it this time :(

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show total number of unread emails next to folders

Show total number of unread emails next to folders. This way we don't have to view the folders to see if their is any unread email.

620th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folders

1) Allow more than 13 subfolders within a folder. 2) Add support for moving folders into subfolders. 3) Remember "Views" folder setting - show or hide. 4) Indent subfolders a couple more spaces - currently it is difficult to tell folders from subfolders because it is only indented one space.

611th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable column width adjustment for folders by click and drag of the mouse.

Enable column width adjustment of folders by click and drag of the mouse.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  68 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have the latest version of Yahoo Mail but I can't move folders as I could in the much better previous version

I have the latest version of Yahoo Mail but I can't move folders as I could in the much better previous version

1000th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to have an option to encrypt the personal folders.

In case you leave your mail open or if it's hacked. A second layer of protection away from the inbox could protect sensitive data in the folders.

2247th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Move Mail to folder" keyboard scrolling disabled

Can't scroll up or down using up/down arrow keys within "Move to Folder" drop-down menu/tree. One must use mouse+cursor on scroll bar or "down arrow scroll button" to manually show folders, then select+click on desired folder name to move message to folder. Old procedure would be to type "d" to display drop-down menu/tree, then hit "down arrow" key until desired folder would show and be highlighted, then hit "enter" key. Now must use mouse+cursor exclusively. Please fix. Thank you.

1000th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base