New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DropDown starts from 1st folder for moving email to a folder Mail Folders - idea

If you have an iPad, the Yahoo Mail app does what I'm about to suggest. Frankly, it used to work this way (iPad) with Android and PC as well, but now doesn't. Idea: when moving an email from the Inbox to a folder, have it open to the last folder you moved an Inbox email to. This makes it easier to navigate to your target folder as you can move emails with nearby or the same folders without having to start from the first folder in the Drop Down list.

2761st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with: Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search - All Mail should include All Mail (Inbox + Sent Items + Other Folders)

When running a search using the "All Mail" filter, only messages in the Inbox are included. "All Mail" needs to include "All" as the name says. This should include, Inbox, Sent Items, and Other Folders. It is not acceptable to have to run a separate search in the Sent Items folder when you are attempting to locate an email. This is especially critical when trying to to look into an email conversation.

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Completely incompetent Yahoo Customer “Care” Team

The Yahoo Customer “Care” Team are completely incompetent. I had emails go missing which I managed to recover via the Yahoo email app, however the same folder on the Yahoo web client (which is the version of Yahoo email I use the most) does not show all the emails from the exact same folder on the Yahoo email app. There is clearly a synchronization problem (not a general one – only with that specific folder on the Yahoo servers), yet the Yahoo Customer “Care” team simply keeps sending me the exact same emails which is of no use whatsoever and…

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Information Requested  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Folders can't be renamed

When FOLDER has sub Folders it can not longer be "RENAMED" or "MOVED".
    One can MOVE or RENAME a FOLDER as long there aren't sub folders.
    This new feature is actually inconvenient.

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mark FOLDERS and SPAM with number of new in ALL folders

Mark FOLDERS and SPAM with number of new in ALL folders, because it is not shown and sometimes real in SPAM

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. emails going to the spam folder which are not spam. FIX THE PROBLEM

emails going to the spam folder which are not spam. FIX THE PROBLEM

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Automatically delete spam and trash folders after specified number of days

Automatically delete spam and trash folders after specified number of days

1887th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. spam folder - A lot of companies want you to forward phishing emails to them.

Would be nice to be able to do that from the spam folder. Instead of having to restore to inbox, forward the email and them report as spam again. Amazon Apple Sony etc they all have stop phishing email address to forward things to. So do banks.

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop showing filthy, disgusting, disturbing news in your videos! Who watches videos in the trash and spam folders anyway? They're disgusting

Stop showing filthy, disgusting, disturbing news in your videos! Who watches videos in the trash and spam folders anyway? They're disgusting! Fire your web marketing team!

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When we move mail to folder,

a)please auto suggest most likely folder by subject or sender
    b)allow us to key in first two alphabet of folder

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop marking emails as Spam that I have already indicated that I want to receive!

I have several sites and product listings that regularly send me updates via email, and Yahoo keeps sending them directly to the Spam folder. I have marked them multiple times as Not Spam, and have also tried building "filters" several times to indicate that I want these emails delivered to my inbox. Yet Yahoo continues to send them directly to the Spam folder! This needs to stop, and/or have a definitive way for users to clearly indicate what is and isn't Spam, and have that respected by the system going forward. Right now, marking something as Not Spam seems to…

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spam Folder "trash can" does not work to delete the spam folder contents.

When you click on the little trash can on the spam folder, IT DOES NOTHING. It's supposed to delete the whole spam folder, but doesn't. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. how dare you put my White House reports into my spam folder

stop putting my White House reports into my spam folder

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i want to my ex mails at 2009

If yahoo mail has an option to views inbox in pages in addition to view all as it is now, it will be helpful to delete messages going to particular pages. Now, if i want to delete older messages and I select all my new messages are selected which I dont want to be deleted. First i have to select say 500 messages (both new and old) , then I have unselect those messages that i dont want to be deleted and delete the selected old messages. Instead if these are in pages i will directly go to older message…

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. why would you just delete peoples create folders for saved emails.

How can you just completely erase a subscribers folders?? How?? Then the only was i can receive help is if i pay 4.99? are you serious?

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have lost all my important mails, need to retrieve them as they are extremely important... please guide me how to retrieve the same

I have lost all my important mails, need to retrieve them as they are extremely important... please guide me how to retrieve the same

1518th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. spam

Bring back the feature that showed how many emails were in Spam

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Organising Folders

Currently I have to move folders one by one: I would if adding a "Folders" view would help. I could then select several at once and move them.

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. why is the spam folder getting my regular email

Can Yahoo answer any question about any comment on these pages?

I still want to know why email is going to the spam folder and is not spam and have changed the settings and marked the mail as not spam. Has yahoo just got the so what attitude?

2761st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. spam

Spam folder does not update item count until the folder is actually slected.

Since Yahoo has the habit of flagging my legit mail as spam (50% of what get flagged as spam is not), I need to know when I have new items in my spam folder. The count indicator does not update until after I've opened the folder for 10-20 seconds. So that means I need to manually check my spam box more often than my inbox so I don't miss mail.

This is basic functionality that was lost with the forced move to the "improved" interface.

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base