Skip to content

New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1421 results found

1. The spam folder is too aggressive - add filter option to send or not send to spam

The Spam Folder often contains emails that are not spam. I see many feedback regarding this same issue.

Often times I see mail that applies to one of my filters. One thing Gmail provides that Yahoo does not provide is a filter option to or not to send to spam. I'm not sure why this would be necessary, but it might help this issue.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  2. Come on guys! Get calendar reminders out of sent folder

So around April 1, Yahoo decided to have email reminders from the calendar appear in the sent folder? for the first time in 25 years? My goodness. Don't your customers love innovation & improvement /s. Why do you guys constantly ***** around with what's satisfactory?

p.s. Anytime you want to display new email in our spam folder, that'll be great!

p.s. And ANYTIME you want to let us alphabetize our lists, that'll be great! How many more years will be have to wait for something so basic?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  3. One more time...stop putting non spam in the spam folder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how many times does Yahoo have to be told the same email address is NOT SPAM before they stop putting it in the Spam folder? They haven't changed their email address, they haven't changed their company name, nothing is different. So why don't you get it????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Folder names visibility

In Windows browsers, Folder names are not completely visible in the left column.
    If you have around 12 characters, you can only see the complete name of the folder on mouse hover.
    The left column should be able to expand (storing the user preferences for next login) or, at least, more characters should be added in case the name is long and the first word is quite big (having into account that that first word can be used in multiple folders).

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Misleading Feature / Back arrow deletes messages

Selecting all text of a message in Inbox, (mistakenly without first opening reply/forward editor) and pressing the upper right corner key back-arrow on Mac, it doesn't delete the selected text but jumps to another message, deleting the first message in the process without prompting the user. Wouldn't it be feasible to prompt the user as usual.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. where's saved mail????????????????????????

where's saved mail folder???????????????????????????

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto Archive of important mail to folder needed to clear unwanted mail regularly

As we have in outlook auto archive to folder needed in setting

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete all email from Inbox at one time

There should be a way to delete ALL email from the Inbox at one time. I know it is possible because I do this on Google Mail all the time.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't like the new Yahoo mail layout

The way mail is displayed is confusing. My folders are more of a collage instead of individual mail that I can sort through.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Por qual motivo não posso mudar o nome de uma pasta que tem subpastas?

Poder mudar o nome da pasta independentemente se tiver subpastas.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like a number for the spam folder so i can see that the box contains items

i get a number next to the inbox showing unread amount of mail, i would like this for spam folder so i can see that the box contains items that need attention.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Why can't I email or speak with someone. I'm in Canada. this is very frustrating

I deleted a folder in error. How do you get it back. why can't I email or speak with someone.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I deleted a mail box labeled My File. How can I get it back

I deleted a folder called my Files. How do I get it back

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. rename Inbox

Please improve to rename the folders in the inbox at anytime and so as the move the folder at any time as well.

Currently, when there is sub-folder, the folder can't be renamed or moved. This is really not convenient.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sent Items Folder

Currently when a message is sent to multiple recipients and their reply is deleted from the Inbox, the original message is also deleted from the Sent Items Folder. Please change Yahoo Mail so that ALL original sent items remain in the Sent Items Folder.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. NO SPAM Folder notification

SPAM Folder notification is NOT working.
    There are many post regarding this coding bug, and have been reviewed (by Yahoo ?), and are "closed" and therefore cannot be voted on.
    This bug has been over a year old.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Mail Search / Wrong Email Address

When searching for a firstname.lastname@company.com, the search returns results for the same firstname.lastname, but when the person was at another company. Thus, both the search results and the sidebar prompt "appeared together on..." is inaccurate.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replied Message Arrow

If an email message has been opened as Reply, but the To address was changed to something else, the Arrow symbol marking Replied items in the Sent folder may still show up for the original message. This might be misleading when browsing Sent items. In some case the user might have had another email address for the same recipient, so the reply would be valid. There can also be cc-recipients on the original message. Also, the user may have changed the whole message, only using the Reply button to "copy" the message to send a new one. Same with forwarding…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. After I was hacked and Yahoo restored a week-worth of my inbox, any new emails are going in to "unread" instead of "inbox." There is no hel

All my incoming emails are going into "unread" instead of "inbox." There is no article or advice of how to fix this problem.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Put the number of unread mails in my Spam folder

I keep forgetting to check my Spam folder until I have to send something to it. Sometimes this is over a week, as you are pretty good at weeding things out. However, this also means I sometimes miss for over a week emails that you have mistakenly weeded out. If you put back the number of unread for the Spam folder it would remind me to check whenever there were more than a couple of emails in there, and so not potentially miss the erroneously Spammed messages.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base