New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 861st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me click on a link to make a booking or pay an account

Please let me click on a link instead of directing me to the Yahoo app which I have installed twice but which won't let me do anything!! Plus you keep asking for verification which I do and still nothing works. I just want things to simple and easy as they previously were.

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Tab Opens

I don't like that when I want to go back to the homepage from my email inbox it opens a new tab!! SWITCH ME BACK!

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sorting

Enable sort by Sender AND Unread AND date at the same time - the way the original basic Yahoo mail could. This was a basic feature available in all Pop3 type email software such as Outlook. I shouldn't have to move all my Unread emails into a separate folder, in order to sort them by sender and delete multiple emails at once. This is a basic feature that should be available.

233rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editing views // Bring back "People"

I used to rely on the "People" views tab on the left, which is why I never upgraded to the new Yahoo. I see it still has not been added, which is going to make answering emails very laborious. Please bring back the "People" filter, or give us an easy way to edit which tabs are under "views". Thanks for reading.

361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Move "Folders" ahead of "Views"

Move "Folders" ahead of "Views." Folders are used constantly. Thank you.

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. why does the list of emails immediately start going to the bottom when I click on an email?

why does the list of emails immediately start going to the bottom when I click on an email?

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SPAM scrutinisation inadequate when attempting to drag SPAM to SPAM folder YAHOO opens spam thus alerting SPAM and inviting more uninvited

No Facility to straight forward right click MOVE to SPAM. When attempting to DRAG spam to spam folder Yahoo opens SPAM thus alerting spam and activating more uninvited JUNK MAIL.

291st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove bug due to sort by "unread" flag

When emails are sorted by "unread" flag, if you enter a message to read it, then leave the mail window and then go back to the mail window, you will see a different message. All messages, from the one you had originally selected to the current one shown in the yahoo mail window, are then flagged as "read", whereas you have no read them yet.

3636th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TABS

You still haven't fixed this!!!!!!!!!!

TABS - They can disappear by simply pressing "x" when done, but I often need to toggle back to another email for reference when viewing/composing the currently opened email. Bring back the tabs up top that let you view an email without having to close the one you're in, going back to whatever folder the other one is in, and opening it, then closing it to go back to the original.

1361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CTRL-Click

CTRL-Click on every other webpage opens the selected item in a new tab, Yahoo mail used to do this too - it's very uselful to scan-read a bunch of emails qwuickkly, delete the ones that are of no interest and then be able to read the rest properly.

With the new interface, CTRL-Click simply "Selects" the item(s).
    I'mm sure I'll get used to it, but what were you thinking when you went off-standard like that? It adds a learning curve, for no actual benefit, and it takes away usability.

Please reinstate CTRL-Click as every other webpage uses it!

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please STOP auto-scrolling the message list

Please STOP auto-scrolling the message list or make it an option to do so. Do not auto-scroll after updating the particular box or after the user has deleted or read a message, etc. I am constantly starting to click on the "delete icon" for a message in the message list and just before I click the list auto-scrolls and I end up clicking delete on the wrong message. Then I have to go find in it in the Trash folder.

305th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The arrows for up/down for emails are too small

The arrows for navigating emails are too small, difficult to set mouse exactly on them.

1361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it easy to add icon to desktop

I have been searching for weeks to try to put a yahoo mail on desktop.

2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add a floating horizontal scroll bar to wide messages

email message is too wide,
    put a floating horizontal scroll bar
    so I don't have to go to the bottom, move right, go back up, read, go back down, move left, go back up, read, etc, etc, etc

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sender previewing eliminated in "upgrade"; Can no longer ID spam without opening mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Sender addressing info on latest upgrade, eliminates previewing identification of senders address impossible! Shame on you!

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. problems with new version

Delete key from keyboard no longer works.

And after deleting an email from the inbox it opens an email in the reading pane that I moved to a subfolder...multiple subfolders depending on the order of the emails received and which email in the inbox is being deleted.
    i.e i received and email about my solar system that I moved to the "home" folder. I then deleted the next email i received (based on time stamp, so above the one I just moved) and the email about my solar system opens in the reading pane.

1676th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Message deleted Undo

Message Deleted - UNDO this is a simple fix. Move the option to UNDO (or allow the user to move the box) up and out of the way. Between the Search button and the user profile is a good location for it. It lays over top of other tabs when I have several messages open, and it is a performance issue. Simple, please fix!

1361st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base