New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Viewing emails

I clicked "go back to original folder" in the "After moving a message" section of the settings, but after deleting/moving an email, but it always opens the next email. How do I stop this?

2296th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. scroll

When scrolling down in Inbox to get to messages that are out of the screen, the preview link at the bottom left hides the very message that I'm trying to read. This is very annoying especially when scrolling with arrow keys, because once I get to the message I want, I can't see the sender because it's hidden by the preview link. The only way to see the sender is to scroll one more message down and then back up, which defeats the purpose of scrolling with arrow keys. Please, FIX THIS!!!! And please, don't tell me to switch to…

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email

Can't see bottom email when hovering on another email. The bottom email is just to low and the little popup that you see when hovering on another place on the page makes it so you cannot see it. It's annoying, and should have been and still should be accounted for.

2296th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2296th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

Too many thing need to be loaded make slow performance, many users would quit yahoo mail if no progress

551st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting bars above email messages

Can we have sorting bars above the email messages? This way we can just click on the bar above the relevant column to sort (e.g. from, subject, date, etc) instead of clicking on a drop down menu to search for the sorting option.

Also, if an email is selected and then the sorting option is clicked, that email message should remain selected. This helps with searching or browsing.
    For instance, if I select an email from "John" and I click on the sort by name bar, all emails from all Johns should be together; if I select an email whose…

422nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email from PEOPLE

Switching back to the Class Yahoo yet again since the new one doesn't have a PEOPLE search.

1022nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Email Viewing window

Move the Settings/Calendar/Notepad/Contacts icons so I can expand the email viewing window, Or allow us to move it ourselves.

1022nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. folder

When I open an email in a folder, then close it, I'm tossed back to the inbox, instead of the folder I opened the message from. This makes looking through messages to find anything ... irksome.

460th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No place to do a web search, like before

No place to do a web search, like before

250th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move, Sort and Resize Columns

I want to be able to move, resize, and sort columns by clicking on them, just like pretty much every other mail program around. I want to move the "trash can" column to the left so I can get to it easily, without being asked "Do you really want to delete this?" like you are when you use the icon at the top. I want to click on the sender column and sort by that, so I can quickly find all messages by a certain sender. Please either bring this functionality, or revert to the old version. Thanks.

706th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Larger Up/Down Arrows Needed In All Modes

just make the up/down arrows larger and they disappear in "right preview pane" mode they need to be there in all modes please fix this . Other than this the new Yahoo mail is Great ! I love all aspects of it except the largeness of the arrows and we could use those same arrows at the bottom of the email also please consider

388th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1360th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. scroll

why can't the scroll bar for the bottom of the screen stay static like the old yahoo mail??
    This is very frustrating!

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. go back to original place after closing email

After a closing an email after reading it (this is in original email version, not the new one-although this appears to be an issue in the new email version also), the program returns the user back to the most current unread emails. This NEVER used to be the case. It is a terrible time waster.

1022nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Next button

I would prefer to have the old "Previous" and "Next" email button to show on the top right of the reading pane. It ease the process of skimming through a long list of emails sorted by date.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 380th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  14 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fantasy Sports Archive Why change the format

I used to be able to easily go to my sports profile and access past seasons. This year the screen turns grey
    I really don't see the need to constantly tinker with a site that works

1675th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Put close all tabs link at the top of the tabs list

Please put the Close All Tabs link at the TOP of the tabs list. When I want to close all tabs, that means I have many tabs open, so it's ridiculous to make me scroll to the bottom. Yes, I can "Up Arrow" my way to the bottom, but that's counterintuitive and an extra step.

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot

Why would you put 'archive' as the first choice in mail? Why not 'delete'? I don't want to 'archive' much of anything, but I do delete a lot!

I thought I clicked 'give feedback' - not vote on some post! Gaaahhhhh!

1154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base