New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. access to Comcast.Net email through Yahoo

used to be able to receive my comcast.net email through Yahoo mail. Please make that possible again.

2273rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. imap

Please add IMAP IDLE command.
    This makes mail receiving much faster and reduce load on server as long as clients don't need to poll it.

Thanks.

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. no ads please - very distracting, space-consuming; I am ready to think about another host.

No ads please. Very distracting. I am thinking about switching to another host. Too bad, since Yahoo has otherwise been excellent.

1149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. approved email address

Approved Email Addresses so emails from that source do not go to TRASH. We don't have an option in TRASH to indicate it should always be routed to the InBox.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. email subject banner with "Star" button scrolls off screen

while viewing the email the ability to "star" an email disappears.
    Classic email that stayed in view.
    Now I must scroll back up to the top of each email if I want to "star" the email as important.
    Make the star stationary, same as the delete icon, etc.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. email subject banner scrolls off screen

while viewing the email and scrolling down the subject line banner disappears.
    Make the subject line banner stationary.

3582nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts became language-dependent.
    When my language for Browser is Hebrew or Russian, pressing 'n' on keyboard does not do anything.
    In classic mode this worked perfectly - 'n' was for 'compose' never mind what language I was in.
    Please give that back.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. filter emails

Pls put on tool for filtering emails in the inbox itself by selecting them from inbox, and create filters, this is how emails get filters and can add to spam together. but in yahoo... need to choose one mail separate and then filter mail of each sender.
    For reference: check gmail functions for filtering emails together.

209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  29 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1662nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New look is too busy and the initials for the emails really annoying

I had the new version and yet something happened and now everything is really different. The new one is super busy and hard to read emails. The worst might be how when picking an email from the list of contacts it assigns initials in colors inside a circle. Super distracting and I cannot find anywhere how to stop this.

930th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. cloud

Please yahoo make a cloud to use.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make a yahoo cloud

Please make a yahoo cloud for free and with a lot of space too. A cloud is a good ide. If yahoo will be a better company they sholud have a cloude.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Just a heads up. Mother's day is long since passed!

Are you people really so tired you can't look at a calender? No, Google has nothing to worry about as far as you are concerned

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please show who the e-mail is coming from!!!!!

Please show who the e-mail is coming from in the e-mail. Most e-mails look like spam.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Coupons

I really hate the coupon feature. It's too big and distracting.

808th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. View full headers

My ISP wants to see the headers of my bounced emails. And I have no way to view the headers

1351st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why even have feedback

Why does Yahoo even have a feedback section if changes aren't made according to users complaints.?

1149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scheduling an email to be sent at a later time and date

I would like to request a new feature that allows scheduling an email to be sent at a later date and time.

549th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would it kill you to move the "delete" etc section from center page to the left? I like delete an email straight up.

Just move the line from the center to the left. It wouldn't even involve typing anything, just clicking the position.

2273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. news items ****.....why can't I select which source I want....I HATE most of your news is Hollyweird stuff. I don't care about actors!

Stop shoving hollyweird lifestyles down our throat...I hate it! Where is REAL news. I don't care what clothes, shoes and makeup or wigs these fakes support. They are in general uneducated buffoons..

1149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base