New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. All data lost

Hi,
    All my messages disappeared; all the folders created disappeared.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks !

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. security issues???

why the f...k does Yahoo makes it so difficult to get in touch with support for security issues???

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Missing email

Just recently noticed I am missing ALL emails in my Inbox prior to 10/18. I still can view emails prior to 10/18 in my Sent and Unread filters. I have submitted an online request which has been completely useless. How is it that emails can be missing from my Inbox prior to a certain date but emails that I Sent or were Unread are still visible and available? This is very poor service.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an article regarding finding missing emails: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln4538.html

Please be advised that our restore process is completely automated, and we can only restore messages lost or deleted within the last 7 days. Any messages that can be restored will reappear in your mailbox or trash folder within 8 hours. If you’re not seeing all the messages you expect after 8 hours, it’s because they were no longer recoverable.

If you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

4. Sliding delete

Individual emails now slide to delete on mobile. I am trying to scroll up and down, it is trying to slide emails left & right and delete them. Its too easy to delete by accident. im not even in the body of the email, just in the general mailbox view where all i see is the titles. I need to scroll up & down to make the window toggle button appear on my browser.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop making me change my password everytime I get on Yahoo from another device

Stop making me change my password everytime I get on Yahoo from another device

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mail

posta kutumda sürekli bir okunmamış posta görünüyor, yıllardır böyle. Artık bıktım. Yardım edin lütfen

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SPAM

I received an email saying my email address would be shut down on 22 March from:Yahoo Mailing (US) <-**********>
    Is this SPAM or a real message from Yahoo mail?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't forgot a password but cannot sign-in my account

I don't forgot a password but yahoo let me verify an account to other email and I didn't used that email for longtime,sure it's had expired already. How can I sign-in yahoo?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

By default, when you send someone an email and they click Reply, the email address you sent the message from will get their reply. You can change this behavior so that when they reply, a different address will get their message. You can change the reply-to address to another email address already attached to your Yahoo Mail or you can add a new one: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/reply-to-address-yahoo-mail-sln22036.html

Thank you!

10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. remove gmail from mailboxs

remove gmail from yahoo mailboxes Says disconnecting more than 24hours

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Responded  ·  Product Support responded

We would like to look more into this. Please send us additional information in private message on Facebook ( Yahoo Customer Care) or on Twitter (@YahooCare).

12. Does Yahoo Mail EVER respond to the questions/comments posted by customer? Or do they simply let the customer attempt to assist others in d

Does Yahoo Mail EVER respond to the questions/comments posted by customer? Or do they simply let the customer attempt to assist others in distress?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please be assured each suggestion you send to us is carefully read and evaluated by a member of our staff. We take your concerns very seriously, and answer your questions and comments with the most up-to-date information available to us.

13. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The inbox folder shows all the messages you received (read and unread alike) whereas the unread folder shows only emails that are unread.

14. Your instructions for switching back to the old email format DO NOT WORK!

Your instructions for switching back to the old email format DO NOT WORK!

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

363 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This help page explains how to switch back:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/switch-back-previous-version-yahoo-mail-sln15936.html?redirect=true

Please be sure you click on the settings wheel in Mail, not in Help. We have found that some users are trying to make the change to switchback to classic Mail in help.yahoo.com rather than in Mail.yahoo.com. You will not find the option to switchback in Help. You will find it in Mail.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

15. Mail gets worse not better. Now when I click to open an email, the system bounces, changes order so if I double click, I open the wrong one.

ow when I click to open an email, the system bounces, changes order so if I double click, I open the wrong one. I have to wait, hunt for where the email moved visually, find it and click again. What happened to "one click"

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deleted content i wanted

How about get all my saved emails and photos back..my brother is dead now..and my son won't ever be a baby again...tons of stuff I wanted..all just gone.. I'm soooo upset

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

We are sorry to hear about your loss!

If an account is unused or dormant for 12 months, it is deactivated and its emails are deleted, more info here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2018.html

If this does not apply to you, You can try doing a search or doing an email restore if the email was deleted in the past 7 days.

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

In case you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

17. What the F is wrong with you password system?

I literally verified my email passw last week and when I went to log in today it didn't recognize the passw THAT WORKED 5 FREAKING DAYS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before you think I'm computer dummys, I've been working in IT for over 15 years. It's not me! Do you people test this **** before you push it out?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 20 years of email disappeared

20 years of Email disappeared! I have always had an internet security service monitoring my time online and never had my computer hacked, but Yahoo Mail was hacked repeatedly and Yahoo forced us to change our passwords after they learned they had been hacked. Yahoo would not let me reuse a prior password each time they reported their security had been breached and demanded we create a new one. So often this occurred, I had forgotten to record my most recently adopted password.

Today I was able to reinstate my unforgettable password and gain access to my Yahoo Mail account…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there,

We are sorry to hear about your loss!

If an account is unused or dormant for 12 months, it is deactivated and its emails are deleted, more info here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2018.html

If this does not apply to you, You can try doing a search or doing an email restore if the email was deleted in the past 7 days.

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

In case you are using a mail client such as Outlook or the Native mobile app, emails may be deleted by that third party client. We do recommend accessing your mail via http://yahoo.com or the Yahoo Mail app to avoid this issue.

19. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. signing in and booted out

stop booting me out of my emails when i just signed.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base