New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add another yahoo mailbox

So I am trying to add another yahoo mailbox. It says I can add another google, outlook, aol email or another yahoo email but when I press to add another mailbox it only let me choose from google, outlook or aol and if I press other it says "Your email provider is not supported yet. We will email you when it becomes available." But I am trying to add yahoo account. Please fix !

290th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. folder width when moving e-mail

Using W10 and Edge, when using the move button to move an e-mail to a folder the window with the list of folders narrows materially when you scroll down. This narrowing means that instead of the mouse continuing to hover over the folder scroll bar, the mouse (without moving) is now over the e-mail. As a result if you click to scroll down one click scrolls down, and the 2nd click (on the e-mail) removes the scroll window. The solution is click to scroll once, reposition mouse and then scroll down again. Bug introduced about 2-4 weeks ago.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to delete large number (over 1000) messages from a folder - error.

Unable to delete large number (over 1000) messages from a folder - getting error. Have to try 3-4-5 times in portions to be able to delete messages. Old version was MUCH better and fast! Shame!

2448th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thought this might be an improvement...NOT!! I have XP SP3 (btw) and after sending an email, this "New/Improved Version" highlig jumps into

Thought this "New/Improved Version" might be an improvement...NOT!! I have XP SP3 (btw) and after sending an email, this highlights an email and won't stop that until I go into the email (where the COMPLETE email is highlighted???) and then select an open area to un-highlight the contents. How do I switch back?!?!? I do NOT like the added problem, or your never-ending suggestions to upgrade to this version!

244th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Filters error

I went to check my filters and found that when I clicked on some it came up with an error that it was trying to go back to the Inbox and it wouldn't open my filter. I couldn't click on the filter to delete it. It looked like some of my filters got corrupted?? I couldn't delete so I had to switch back to classic mail, then successfully deleted the filters, then switch back to the new mode and re-created the filters again.
    Are there problems with filters?

1055th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Yahoo groups is down

Hello,

I am sending emails to my yahoo group and they are not showing up in the yahoo group account...can you please look into it? This seems to be the same issue as a few weeks ago.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. why do I need a new password every time I log in

why do I need a new password EVERY TIME I log in ???

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fix my name

Charles ******

this is how yahoo, chops my name up. it's unfair.
    please consider the apostrophe as a letter not a symbol, it is part of my name and heritage that we must fight for or the next generation will lose it!
    and this issue is at the DMV, Voting polls, Utility accounts etc, it takes me 15 attempts to sign in anywhere because some agencies do not capitalize the B, most omit the ' and many think O is my middle initial!
    please help me protect my heritage.
    -Charles A. ******

2448th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the inability to directly print attachments

The Print button on a previewed attachment only saves the attachment. It seems the only way to print an attachment is to download it first. Ironically, there is no button to Save (which the designated "Print" button happens to do). Seems like poor QA validation before releasing to the public.

2448th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. alias

alias

Yahoo admins removed all alias's other than @yahoo.com from all account without notifying the users. I am trying unsuccessfully to get this resolved for many days, Yahoo keeps deleting my cries for help. They are forcing everyone to use @yahoo.com alias, Which is not cool. My email @yahoo.ca stopped working and they are refusing to fix the error they caused and which is affecting hundreds of users in many countries. Very bad service.

480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When I search my emails, pls remove the sidebar which appears to R-H side of screen which prevents me from seeing the dates of emails listed

Please can you stop this sidebar appearing. It reads "You and [name] have traded 21 messages between Apr and May 2019. He or she first sent you a message regarding 'subject'. Then it links to documents that were attached to those emails.

2448th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to sign out

I signed out but your UI seems to have ignored that. This whole UI is pretty bad

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. p a n e l b a se . n e t does PAID SURVEYS.

You are putting WORK OPPORTUNITIES into spam.

P A N E L B A S E . N E T is NOT SPAM, and I don't know why marking it as NOT SPAM doesn't work!

-

REPEAT: MARKING IT AS NOT SPAM DOES NOT WORK

-

QUOTE: "I don't know why marking it as NOT SPAM doesn't work!"

-

REPEAT: MARKING IT AS NOT SPAM DOES NOT WORK

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. INCLUDE SPELLCHECK AS AN AUTOMATIC FEATURE

Yahoo has no spell check and it is not evident how to make the chrome browser perform a spell check on a yahoo email. Either provide spell check as a feature like Outlook and Gmail provide or have default settings in Yahoo Mail Pro that automatically use the CHrome browser or the Firefox browser to do a spell check. Make it easier for YOUR CUSTOMERS.

2448th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In the newest format email forwarding is missing.

Email forwarding has dissappeared.

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 838th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search

The search function is 100% broken... please fix the search utility for the inbox please.

273rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Well, while attaching any document the yahoo mail offer 5 options for selection of files. On top of these options, Yahoo says "Attach Files.

Well, while attaching any document the yahoo mail offers 5 options for selection of files. On top of these options, Yahoo says "Attach Files.
    Click "Browse" to select a file. You can attach files up to a total message size of 25 MB.

But amazingly there is no "Browse" button on the page. Instead "Choose File" is written on file selection button.
    It must be changed to "Browse File".
    It must changed to

1756th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email recall

Many have expressed the need for an email recall function. There are times when a message is inadvertently sent under the TO: addressee, when the intent was to use the BCC: addressee. A 30 second to one minute delay to allow users to recall the message and correct the error would be very helpful, and it wouldn't be that hard to provide. Gmail already provides such an option. Are you going to be outdone by Google.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. multiple messages deleted, only one selected.

When I delete an email on my laptop....it doesn't just delete the one that I selected it deletes more messages. This has been going on since the change in message format.

1432nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base