New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. all folders are empty, can't receive emails from any email addresses

I'm checking back after years of not using my Yahoo mail box, and I can't receive emails from any email addresses. This is the error message I got back when I sent from my work mail: " The response from the remote server was: 550 relaying denied for ...@yahoo.com.cn"
    Please can you kindly explain and help.

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paper clip says "Message has attachments" but there's no way to open them.

Make it so when you click on the paper clip, it opens up attachments. I cannot figure out how to open attachments in my mail and clicking on the only thing that appears, that being the tiny paper clip, does NOTHING.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I can't Change my birthday ,, why ??

I can't Change my birthday ,, why ??

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. yahoo email changes my email address to aol

When people reply to my emails from yahoo account, it changes my address to an aol email address!!!! Why? I never even had aol email address! Please fix asap.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Inbox doesn't load unless i quickly open a message.

Inbox doesn't load unless i quickly open a message. Please fix this bug! I have this issue on the desktop chrome browser. I am using a mac computer.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Major email send and receive issue.. cannot send or receive emails

I can't send or receive any emails.
    I'm using my yahoo account registered with yahoo ***********@yahoo.com and not able to receive or send email. there is no direct way to contact yahoo, i tried all the help center, everything, even tried mobile app, same issue.. i . believe its issue with yahoo not with my computer or app. plese fix it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. For some reason when I go to sign into this account I receive the message underneath that I haven't used this account in nine months? Fix it

And I have used my alternative account. I was told I haven't used that account in over a year, when signing into this account. Please correct this issue. Thank you as it is my alternative account for receiving a new password in the event of forgetting my present password. I would appreciate your feedback on this.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need some help all my e-mails are going to spam and I don't know why how do I fix this help pleasee

Need some help all my e-mails are going to spam and I don't know why how do I fix this help please

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Responded  ·  Product Support responded

If emails from your Yahoo account are going to your recipient’s Spam folder, make sure they mark them as Not Spam on their end.

If you’re a company sending to Yahoo and your emails are going to users’ Spam folders, you can reach out to our Postmaster team for help:

https:/postmaster.yahoo.com

Thank you!
    Mail Support

9. Web Attacks on Yahoo

I keep getting redirected out of Yahoo and Norton tells me it's prevented a web attack. Sooo, I added an ad blocker. It's been enormously helpful. Except now yahoo keeps telling me my browser settings are interfering with mail features. It wants me to remove the ad blocker. Ya think? Get rid of the virus or whatever on your page, Yahoo, and I'll remove the ad blocker for you right away. Otherwise, it's staying so I can actually access my mail.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recommend account key as a more secure form of verification but we recognize that it may not be convenient for everyone. Please note that you can disable account key and return to password sign in. Please see the steps to do so below:

Manage Account Key from a web browser

- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
    - By “Yahoo Account Key,” click Manage.
    - Click the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
    - Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.

Manage Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app

- From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon.
    - Tap the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon..
    - Tap Manage Account Key.
    - Tap the toggle to the right…

11. replace email address for reset

Hi!
    I can add an extra e-mail address for e.g. reseting, but i cannot delete or change the current one. My ISP is discontinuing their e-mail service at the beginning of next year, so my current e-mail address here for reset, will not function after that. I would therefore rather replace this address instead of just adding another one. This delete function exists for the telefon/mobil data, why not for e-mail?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. my last old mails and contacts is deleted how can I gets

how can i get recall my old mails and Contacts

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Password Protection

My account will not close despite attempts to log out. Is this a new problem?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Yahoo mail is very buggy. It keeps jumping to huge letters/screen then back to normal. Does this everyday, many times a day.

Every day yahoo mail screen behaves erratic. Goes from normal screen to really big letters/screen and then back to normal again. It's unresponsive while this jumping of screen goes on. Jumps to huge letters and back to normal and does this multiple times a day. Hate it.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would suggest asking the recipient to check his spam filters and also mark the emails from you as “Not Spam”

16. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If legit emails are ending up in the Spam folder, the best thing to do is to mark them as Not Spam. This will help them go to the Inbox in the future. Adding the sender to your Address Book will help, also.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

17. We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you’re accessing Yahoo Mail through the desktop web site or the app, then IMAP is not being used. If you’re using a non-Yahoo Mail app like Outlook or Thunderbird, then the IMAP settings should look like these:

help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN4075.html

18. the timestamp on messages being sent is off by 5 hours !! Fix this or how can i change??

this is not an idea, it is a bug that needs to be fixed. Timestamp is WRONG.

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

This may be an issue with your timezone settings. You can manually set your timezone by:

- Click on the mail settings icon in the upper right
    - Select more settings
    - Select Viewing Email
    - Below Closest city and timezone enter the city
    - Follow the remaining steps from there.

Thank you!
    Mail Support

19. email crashing on iPhone 7 thru iPhone Accounts feature and not loading thru the Yahoo app

As of Tuesday, 22-Jan-2019, email on my iPhone 7 and my husband's is constantly crashing and/or emails do not load. We showed the issue to Verizon, they ordered replacement iPhone 7s and we still have the same issue with the new phones. We've also deleted all of the email accounts thru settings and added them back in. The Apple store pointed out an, "Allow apps that use less secure sign in" option which we selected, which didn't help. We also tried using the Yahoo app on our iPhones and the loading wheel spins on a few of the accounts and…

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My yahoo mail is linked to another facebook account that is not mine please correct it thank you

My yahoo mail is linked to another facebook account that is not mine please correct it thank you

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base