New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gentlemen:

Gentlemen:
    For years, I've had my contacts sorted alphabetically by LAST name. For some reason, you've changed them and now they are sorted alphabetically by FIRST name. I much prefer alpha by LAST name, and I'd like for you to correct the situation. We can put a man on the moon, and you're capable of hacking into my computer and having your way with it. So, I'm confident you're able to accommodate my request. I'm not sure why you feel compelled to fix something that isn't broke. Although some have the mindset that if something isn't broke, lets fix it…

1471st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where are replied/Forwarded icons on App

Now its July 2018... i dont see Replied or Forwarded icon indicators on app emails. How is it possible that this has LESS functionality than when my yahoo email account started in 1999?? When are the icons showing actions going to be added?!

539th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPAM reporting Captcha

Get Rid of Captcha for Reporting Yahoo sent SPAM! Today, I reported several Yahoo sent SPAMS. On one I only had to do one captcha "find", on another, I had to wade through SIX DIFFERENT "finds" before it let me report the Yahoo account that SENT the SPAM (Fake threatening email from "FBI").
    I had to wade through crosswalks, traffic lights, store fronts, cars. Two of them TWICE! I never know whether or not the **** program wants the LIGHT POLES or just the portion of the pole with the lights. The same with the edge of vehicles. Some of…

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Needs Improvement

Needs a lot of improvement still can not open attachment after composing a mail....

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow sender to be added to contacts easily.

The old email allowed one to get that sender onto contact list. This new one needs that feature.

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make a Yahoo Drive

There should be something like a Google drive to easily save attachments and drag them to a category box like notepad, etc. pop up section that is easy to see and can easily be used to switch back and forth without having to look through emails for attachments that your trying to allocate to send . It is time consuming at the moment and could be more efficient and effective.

585th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Go back to a set number of messages per page, and not the continuous stream of all emails in any given folder!

Go back to a set number of messages on a page, and not this continuous stream of emails in the folders. I have numerous reasons for this request.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calendar page is integrated poorly

Really? I click on calendar and you go to the old page? What have you been doing the last 5 years? And then when I click on mail within calendar you transition to SECOND mail page just like the other mail page so now I have two? WAKE THE F*#K UP!!!

302nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the newfeed icon. It was nice to have a short version of your homepage news. Also bring back right click delete mail.

Bring back the newfeed icon. It was nice to have a short version of your homepage news. Also bring back rig

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to save my send email in my personal folder. why the option is removed?

I want sent email to be saved in my personal folders.

Thanks

613th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. calendar

Please enhance the calendar feature - I often get error messages in 'loading' as others have commented. You can update the appearance and functionality as well please!

202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo e-mail won't let me move to my folders. Need immediate fix!

Cannot move new e-mail to my folder! Please fix it!

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make it easy to add icon to desktop

I have been searching for weeks to try to put a yahoo mail on desktop.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. INCLUDE SPELLCHECK AS AN AUTOMATIC FEATURE

Yahoo has no spell check and it is not evident how to make the chrome browser perform a spell check on a yahoo email. Either provide spell check as a feature like Outlook and Gmail provide or have default settings in Yahoo Mail Pro that automatically use the CHrome browser or the Firefox browser to do a spell check. Make it easier for YOUR CUSTOMERS.

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There is no bottom slide bar to move and read the text written whil composing on the extreme right. on has to use the arrow keys to reach th

While composing the mail in yahoo mail, there is no bottom slide bar to move and read the text written on the extreme right. One has to go through with the help of the arrow keys and cannot go directly to it.

934th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stop asking me- Stay on top of breaking news! Set your new tab and home page to Yahoo to keep up with the latest news. I would NEVER!

I am so sick and tired of Yahoo harassing me for visiting their page, that I think it's time to ditch it altogether and go to MSN. I hate Yahoo a little more every day. STOP TRYING TO CONTROL ME!!!

1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1471st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. notifications

I need YAHOO to make it available to receive notifications of PRIORITY SENDERS. I need to receive a notification when ONE PARTICULAR PERSON sends me an email

742nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. block email sender

Instructions say to hover over gear box and stationary is presented- I want to block a sender to my Yahoo email account. HELP

1119th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base