New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. accessiblity

For those of us that use screen readers and keyboard shortcuts; I think it would be easier to use your email system if you made the following changes:
    1 instead of the click here areas, add a link that a person can use there keyboard to select.
    2 the inbox messages are very hard to read. maybe there is a more accessible way for visually impaired people to read there emails.
    I like yahoo mail, and will continue to use the services if it is made more accessible.

1906th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "move" needs improvement

When I use the move button, it always opens at the top of the folders in alphabetical order. It used to remember my last move so that when I hit the move button for the next message, it would default to the area of the list of the last folder I moved to. This was way more convenient than having to scroll thru the alphabetical list again and again, all day long.

I agree with what someone else wrote on an comment that you reviewed but did not respond to (and now is no longer open and available for comments):

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please do not automatically fill email address with a name tag.

Please do not automatically fill email address with a name tag (a short name before the email address). It is often wrong and really bothering. If we prefer to use a name tag for an email address, we prefer to do it by ourselves. At least, you should give us option to disable that automatic filling.

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Folders Management

Please provide options like to move folders, rename parent folder, hide certain folders based on configurations like if unread show or hide.

738th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about a better spam filter, and instant blocking?

How about better spam filtering, and a phising notification button? Getting more spam now.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  100 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. STOP USING PASSWORDS THAT CAN BE READ, JUST USE COMBO OF NUMBERS AND LETTERS.. NOT SO EASY TO FIGURE OUT THAT WAY.

STOP USING LITE BLUE TO PRINT WITH, USE ONLY BLACK HEAVY, I HAVE 20/15 SIGHT AND HAVE NEW LENS IN PLACE( CATARACT SURGERY) AND ITS HARD TO READ THE BLUE PRINT ON THE COMPUTER.. ALL BLACK DARK PRINT WOULD BE BETTER.!

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How can I download all my pictures? not one by one?

It would be nice to receive instructions on how to download all the pics I've received by email, I have no idea how to get it in one move not one by one.

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am SO tired of the stupid ads and popups. I'm done with Yahoo Mail. Gmail is FREE and does NOT have ads on my inbox page.

I am SO tired of the stupid ads and popups. I'm done with Yahoo Mail. Gmail is FREE and does NOT have ads on my inbox page.

777th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. blocking

blocked address limited to 1000! Why, I've asked this before, no answer! Whenever I unblock addresses they all restart sending B/S! Give us unlimited Blocking

738th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Your ultra liberal posts really get old. We all know better! Well, except you and CA.

Liberal half truths and love for criminals as long as they are liberals is sickening.

911th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ads inside the inbox

I have to sift through lots of emails and highlight and delete the spam. I really hate that in the middle of all of my email there is an ad that i am accidentally clicking on. Please remove these ads from the inbox, or allow me to return to the old format.

1016th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reinstate incoming mail counters for individual folders at the top of all individuals folders area.

Please reinstate the new email counters on the FOLDERS area at the top of the individual folders area for emails that are setup to automatically be placed into specific individual folders. It only shows up on the exact folder as it did before but is missing the counter for all emails coming into individual folders. Having this counter eliminated having to scroll through all the folders to see if any emails have come into any of your folders. This feature was on the Classic version before. Thank you for reinstating this feature.

1192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. filter

Put the FILTER function on the inbox.

242nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. ^_

I see you have a 'features' item missing from the feedback drop-down menu.

1. Add 'Features' to the feedback drop-down menu;

2. ^When ^a ^subject ^has ^spaces ^in ^it ^, ^display ^a ^mix ^of ^carets ^and ^_underscores...

Oh, ^you've ^already ^done ^it.
    I ^think ^it ^makes ^my ^text ^even ^more ^legible. ^Not ^sure ^about ^anyone ^_else!

(Did you spot the sarcasm amongst the needless characters?)

1. Multiple e-mail printing/downloading;

2. The ability to upload a screenshot to this cute little feedback thing (A picture speaks a thousand words!)

2659th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need to be able to delete mail a few , say 20 at a time, as in the old style mail. this mail puts up ALL mail at once NO GOOD

WE need to set the delete tick for fewer mails, say 20 at a time, not to have ALL MAILS ticked as in this new yahoo mail . It is NO GOOD. There is no place in settings to go back to the classic mail which allowed one screen at a time to delete

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. mailbox

this mailbox has not included much of the information in my notes. it is also cumbersome to use.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. logout button gone -Sept 5, 2019

Put logout button back

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not able to change basename in disposable email

Allow way to change basename in disposable email, so we dont have to create new email.

1906th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. COPY, CUT and PASTE within the email

When composing an email, I need to COPY or CUT and PASTE within the email.This is not possible with the new format. Please add this feature or give us back the old format, which I loved!

1438th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base