New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam filter seems to be working well! Only a couple a day insted of dozens.

However, you need to start filtering names! Every spam I get has a girls name in the title (Alyssa, Maya, Angela etc). If you fix this, I'll love you forever!

1209th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowed email setting

As well as having a blocked setting for email addresses there needs to be an allowed list for emails to be added to as I always have emails in junk with are not.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Boomerang for Yahoo!!! Bring it back!

Let me set a time to send an email...like first thing tomorrow morning!!!

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give us a way to rename or change the basename for disposable email addresses.

Give us a way to rename or change the basename for disposable email addresses. I don't like the basename that I created and would like to be able to edit it or entirely remove it and create a new one.

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keep most recent email from sender but move all older ones to a folder automatically

I like all new emails appearing in my inbox folder because that is the only folder I read emails in. I recieve a lot of morning brief emails from the same senders (ex. Bloomberg) and I would like all the emails from older days to be automatically moved into a folder but only AFTER a new email from that same sender has been sent. This would greatley reduce clutter.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In the newest format email forwarding is missing.

Email forwarding has dissappeared.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Mail problems: Signature and Search saves

Signatures with images, to clarify, cannot be edited. Yes I found it but go through the steps yourself and see it cannot be changed. I have tried. I was the one who always helped my mom change her signature image for the past few versions of Yahoo Mail. She is sticking with the classic for now but I tried to go back to classic and noticed it was loading corrupted so I had no choice. I had to go to this new one. I know I know .. you always are bombarded by people unhappy with every new version of…

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yahoo blows

Everything about yahoo *********

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. when I view photo in mail it is so far to the right I can't see the whole photo

fix preview photo so I can see whole photo not just half of it

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ARE YOU THERE ?? Why can't I click on more than one incoming e.mail at a time to delete en masse instead of individually ????

ARE YOU THERE ?? Why can't I click on more than one incoming e.mail at a time to delete en masse instead of individually ????

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Intrusive Privacy Policy

This is not intended for Yahoo alone. I feel that the providers of all types of internet and social media access and communications have all stepped over the line of decent behavior. The users are nothing more than pawns in the corporation's goal of making as much money as possible at whatever costs. We the user have no other options if we want to use the internet but to submit to gross invasions of our privacy. For this reason I will never agree to Yahoo's new privacy terms and suggest no one else should either.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. get it to work correctly!!!!!!!!!!! now I am not receiving inbox mail, from people in my contacts!!!!

get it to work correctly!!!!!!!!!!! now I am not receiving inbox mail, from people in my contacts!!!!

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Deleting an email should bring me to the next email in line & not back to the list of email in the inbox

Deleting an email should bring me to the next email but starting today 4/1/2018 whenever I delete an email it brings me back to the whole email list in my inbox. THIS IS THE FEATURE THAT I HATE IN GMAIL AND IS WHY I DON"T USE IT!!! Whenever and email is deleted yahoo mail should automatically take you to the next email in line as yahoo mail has always done. Why is yahoo mail now taking me back to my inbox after every I delete an email? I have checked in setting but there is NOT an option that prevents…

480th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. To Many Adds , Pls Remove it, get Hamper During work

To Many Adds , Pls Remove it, get Hamper During work

443rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can I get a 3rd party mail app so I don't have to deal with this abject stupidity? Leave things alone u are NOT helping us!!

Maybe you're proud of yourself for coming up with unneeded ideas. Maybe u can't comprehend that its far more trouble to figure out where u put things and for people to follow along with your apps then people finding the info themselves. Or are u just trying to make work for yourselves and create a solution for a problem that does not exist? Why don't u make new products in response to customer's requests instead of deciding for the customer what they need? Being forced to use something they don't want is what's the most insulting. Oh, I forget we're…

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Yahoo and Outlook

Less and less I have used this due to many issues... Lately I've tried to add my yahoo account to my outlook, but I JUST COULDN'T, even after trying everything... I just don't close my account because I need it to access other apps. It really *****.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. earlier we were able to preview the attached file before sending mail, but this option is not available now

earlier we were able to preview the attached file before sending mail, but this option is not available now

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Too many INBOX categories

Today, Last Week, Earlier Feb, Jan.
    We do not need to see all of these useless categories.
    Next you will be adding: Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, and Night.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. two step security ********

I hate your ***** 2 step verification.
    You ARE WASTING MY TIME .
    I HAVE TO VERIFY THE DARN THING DAILY
    can I just have a chance with a stron password?

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base