New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. R to L

Right to Left text doesn't stay right indented after sending
    Why!
    Was fine in the previous Excellent version!

1805th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Larger scroll bar current one is difficult to locate and use.

Please fix the scroll bar - very hard to use. i have to select emails one at a time from a list, and I can't move paste first screen

1805th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. YAHOO FRONTPAGINA

Ik zou blij zijn moest de eerste pagina van Yahoo niet altijd in het frans verschijnen , maar eerst in het Nederlands zodat ik dit niet steeds moet omschakelen hetzelfde met de standoort voor het weer , alle dagen moet ik weer Blankenberge invoeren

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notepad should open in new message tab

It's counter intuitive to for a button (calendar) to open new Chrome tab. Instead, it should open new message tab ("turn on tabs for multitasking" in settings have to be ON).

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How do I mark "unread" I use to able to but not now.

I use to be able to right click and mark unread to one that I have opened. now how do I?

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i don't want 'classic mail' i just want my old format, the one that has real photos, real color and the BBC works ...

if i am in the 'new format' and click on 'settings' i seethe place for switching back to 'classic mail'.. but i DO NOT WANT CLASSIC or the new version, i want the version i had last week, before i was put intothe new ugly one without my concent.

727th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1805th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New is Not Better

Try inserting an incoming email address into the contact list and this proves conclusively how new is not better. From a first rate adding contacts system this latest version is a complete mess and does you no credit whatsoever. Also, whilst most welcome, the colour text option lacks a user default setting and always reverts to black - a child of 6 could do better...

1805th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Flag for new emails

Please restore the feature that showed the number of new emails in all folders next to the Folders tab. In this new version, that feature is gone, requiring the use to scroll through all the folders in order to see if emails are in them or not.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hyperlink preview

How do I get rid of hyperlink previews in the new (and much-hated) mailbox? Is it even an option, or are we forced to clutter up their emails even worse than they are now?

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move, Delete and Spam buttons are too far away (both too high and too far to the right) from the message list.

Move, Delete and Spam buttons (I don't care about Archive, never use it) are too far away from the message list. They are both too high and too far to the right, so there's too much of a reach between selecting the message and choosing the action.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Inclusion of info tabs

Please add news, info & other tabs like cricket, Bollywood etc at the top as in previous version. It will be easy to navigate to the specific topic immediately from email section as well as I was doing before.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Contacts and chat need to added back with easy access!

The new Mail version *****! I can't find my contacts or find the chat feature. How do you know who is on Yahoo in the present. I am almost 70 years old and like the Classic version. CLASSIC MAIL IS USER FRIENDLY!! You obviously did not take senior citizens into account when you switched. I WANT TO BE SWITCHED BACK!!!!

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This email client is very slow. Just deleting an email takes a long time, compared to google mail. Improve it.

Deleting emails is frustrating, compared to Google mail. Takes a long time to update and when I want to delete the next one, I end up clicking on the wrong one because of the lag.

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. get rid of the "top deals in your inbox" sidebar,or at least make it stay off when I close it

I can see the "top deals" when the emails come in,I don't need to be further advertised to. and the "new format" seems to be geared toward selling me stuff,just stop,please

985th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. scroll bar for inbox hard to grab

Scroll bar for inbox nearly impossible to grab on my Chromebook, hover right over it and it disappears/appears/disappears. Please make it fatter and permanent.

882nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I don't like signing out twice

I have two yahoo mail accounts. I have to sign out twice because of "sign out of all accounts" feature. I don't like this. Go back to the old format so I only have to sign out ONCE.

561st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop having trailers AUTOPLAY when I refresh, nearly blew my hearing out even though it said it was muted...very lame.

Stop having trailers AUTOPLAY volume/adds when I refresh, nearly blew my hearing out even though it said it was muted...very lame.

1805th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1805th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base