New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1041st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Banner ads at top of inbox

The banner ads used to be replaced periodically and the old ones would disappear. Now they are moved down into the inbox and they never go away. There is no way to 'delete' them. These need to get gone. Can you fix this glitch? Thanks.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. download slide shows turns into encrypted code not the actual picture

I was sent a slide show for the military and when i try to download it the image turns into a encrypted text. How do i fix this problem or get it to download properly.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reprogram "Move" menu to make it possible (and perferably EASY) to select and manage the d1 through d7 shortcuts in the Move menu

When you select an email from your Inbox to move it to one of your custom folders, as you know, we can press Keyboard shortcuts like "D then1" or "D then 2" etc until "D then 9". The main problem is, Yahoo assigns these 9 shortcut folders automatically to the top 9 custom folders (sorted in ascending order alphabetically). The feature is nearly useless if those first nine are not the folders you use most. It would be MUCH better to allow the user to choose/assign these shortcuts to nine of his/her own preferred custom folders as per his/her wish.…

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete emails

When looking at a list on messages, sometimes a red delete icon comes up when I hover over the time column at the end of the subject line but at other times I have to either check the box in the first column and hit the delete command or open the message and hit delete. Why is deleting not a consistent process??? I prefer just clicking on the red icon following the subject line for doing individual messages but whatever you do, please don't switch back and forth.

875th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email recall

Many have expressed the need for an email recall function. There are times when a message is inadvertently sent under the TO: addressee, when the intent was to use the BCC: addressee. A 30 second to one minute delay to allow users to recall the message and correct the error would be very helpful, and it wouldn't be that hard to provide. Gmail already provides such an option. Are you going to be outdone by Google.

875th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make "active" email distinct from the rest in the list

Why isn't the notice for the email I am currently viewing visually distinct from the rest in the list? If I am reading it in the preview pane, I can't find it in the list when I want to continue.Didn't it use to be a denser color than the background?

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Views - please either get rid of them

Views - please, either get rid of them - my first choice or let us move them to the bottom of the list (out of the way) and for god's sake, when I close it LET IT STAY CLOSED. I don't use views, I have my own folders. This is just an annoying Yahoo thing.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When the **** are you going to fix the problem of deleting folders in your new version.

I just don't understand why you can't fix the problem of deleting a folder in your new version of mail. You can do this in the older version. This has been a problem in the new version since is was released. This is the reason that I stayed with you older version.

To delete a folder in the old version you first have to delete the content of the folder then right click on the folder and select delete folder. What's so complicated about doing this in the new version????

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Yahoo Mail Improvements

1) Add forwarding email option

2) I need to explain this in detail
    when I compose a message to a friend the email is stored in the sent folder. If I reply to that email in the sent folder the replying email is being addressed/sending to my own email address instead of replying to friend's email address. YAHOO!! Please fix this.

3)Add the file size limit of 40 MB. Since other email services like Gmail and outlook has their own respective cloud storage services it is easy to share the link to the file with size more than 25mb. Yahoo…

464th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unsubscribe to email to remove me from lists does not work

I get this box to unsubscribe to mailing lists when I move msgs to spam. However, since I transferred over to the new "beta" version the link does not work. It needs to be fixed as it will not change the settings to delete mailing lists that I do not want to appear in my inbox!

145th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring Back Google Drive Option

Yahoo used to have a drop-down arrow feature when the attachment button was pushed. This feature allowed users to attach bigger files by way of Google Drive (or other sites with larger file attachment capabilities). As a grad student and a teacher, it has become extremely annoying and an utter hassle now, trying to use yahoo to attach bigger files, PPTs, etc. as a means of working with classmates and colleagues.

As much as I like yahoo, I have had to resort to using other emailing sites that do allow larger files to be attached, in order to get projects…

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Every message I open Avast says "Threat secured. We've...aborted connection on ecp.yusercontent.com because infected with URL:Phishing"

This may represent a virus or malware threat, or Avast may be incorrectly monitoring Yahoo Mail.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove top contacts from search bar

I would love it if I could clear out my top contacts from the search bar within Mail. The ones listed are not even in my contact list.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. This email client is very slow. Just deleting an email takes a long time, compared to google mail. Improve it.

Deleting emails is frustrating, compared to Google mail. Takes a long time to update and when I want to delete the next one, I end up clicking on the wrong one because of the lag.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

I use this email at work. I don't need colors that look like they came from a crayon box and no, the blue is not even ok.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. get rid of the "top deals in your inbox" sidebar,or at least make it stay off when I close it

I can see the "top deals" when the emails come in,I don't need to be further advertised to. and the "new format" seems to be geared toward selling me stuff,just stop,please

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When using the email search feature in yahoo mail pro, why have you removed the ability to tell where an email is, Inbox, a folder, spam or

In the yahoo mail search results, you have removed the ability to see where the emails are. If I search for emails that I want to move, the search results used to tell me which emails were where they belong, which ones i screwed up and trashed, which ones you screwed up and spammed etc. I could click on those and put them away. You need to quit peaking at your mom in the shower and get jobs. You have not had a good idea in 10 years. Nor have you bothered to listen, but very little, to the people…

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. language

I'm using VPN and Yahoo changes the language to something I can't read automatically, without asking and without me being able to find the settings to select. There should be a prompt once, to ask what language I prefer and save it. No matter where I login from. Unbelievable!

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to create new contacts on mobile

In the current mobile app, there is no way to save a new contact. This is slightly frustrating, as while I do have a computer, I very rarely access my email with it, and not everyone has a computer to use to add new contacts. I would appreciate if this feature could be added to the app.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base