New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please bring back "Create sub folder" from the move menu dropdown

One of the most useful features of the classic Yahoo was that if I wanted to move an email to a folder, say a new subscription product email, and the move search box didn't find that folder, I could create it then and there. Seriously, that function alone was worth the price of admission. Now it's gone.

If I wasn't already so invested in this email product, the numerous small niggling negatives of the new yahoo would see me moving back to computer based email client. Seriously. Sigh.

Flickering screens, a dominating side bar that I can't keep closed with…

1041st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. problems with new version

Delete key from keyboard no longer works.

And after deleting an email from the inbox it opens an email in the reading pane that I moved to a subfolder...multiple subfolders depending on the order of the emails received and which email in the inbox is being deleted.
    i.e i received and email about my solar system that I moved to the "home" folder. I then deleted the next email i received (based on time stamp, so above the one I just moved) and the email about my solar system opens in the reading pane.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. reading pane on right does not show entire message

cuts off so I have to keeps scrolling back and forth horizontally

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. filter

The filters should have option to allow only emails from specified email id or list of domains from which email are allowed. For example, I would like to get only bank, friends and family email in inbox and rest all in other folders

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing s

Moving the 'contacts' icon from the left hand side to the right hand is a real technological improvement. Keep up the good work of fixing stuff that isn't wrong. (You've been taking lessons from microsloth is my guess).

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unsubscribe features

I wanna make a suggestion. Instead of opening an email to unsubscribe, make it possible we should press on any email for 2-3sec or swipe up and unsubscribe button will pop up. What do you guys think?

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I can't see the SEND button

I am trying to send a few emails, but I can't send anything because whether I forward an email, or compose a new one, I CAN'T SEE THE SEND BUTTON!!!! I am getting a different email, this one *****!

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ATTENTION GODLESS YAHOO MARKETING DEVILS I HATE BEING FORCE-FED SUGGESIONS. HATE NEW YAHOO MAIL. LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE PROVIDER.

TO: G-DLESS YAHOO MARKETING EXECUTIVES (and Associated Stooges). I hate being FORCE-FED content in my EMPTY MAILBOX FOLDERS. AM LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO YOUR MAIL PRODUCT.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wasted Screen Space

I can't stand how the emails are separated by year. It's completely unnecessary and takes up too much space on screen. The year is already visible on the right hand side, I don't need a header on the left with the year they are from. Drives me nuts.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER THE RECEIVER OF MY MAIL HAS SEEN MY MAIL OR NOT

I WANT AN INDICATION WHETHER MY MAIL IS RAD BY THE ADDRESSEE

772nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 623rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give us a way to rename or change the basename for disposable email addresses.

Give us a way to rename or change the basename for disposable email addresses. I don't like the basename that I created and would like to be able to edit it or entirely remove it and create a new one.

876th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reply / Reply All options when composing email

Previously, there was a "reply to all" or "reply to sender" option in the upper right corner next to the "show/hide CC/BCC" option. This was very useful if you selected "reply" arrow but realized it was more appropriate to send to the entire group, or converseley, if you realied that it should be targeted only to the sender. You could toggle back to either "Reply to Sender" or "Reply to All", meaning you could reply to all other recipients when replying to an email you had initially selected on ly "Reply" for. Now I have to copy the text, delete…

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Did you get rid of groups?

I NEED groups as part of the organizations that I belong to and I NEED to be able to post to those groups, especially since I'm an ADMIN on one. Why the "HECK" did you remove groups from the tabs above email??? I don't understand why you don't hire a professional to do the job. It's as bad as your outsourcing for your articles, which I don't read anymore because the stories are badly written.

Yahoo mail sucks and your changes didn't do anything to improve it. Let us go back to the old format so you can hire a…

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please give the option to select spacing between lines when writing emails.

The new one only allows double space which I really hate and makes my emails very difficult to read and ridiculously long

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Email Search has now too many selections. This is how I delete my emails. You are going to cause yourself an overload of undeleted emails!

I deleted my emails by searching a particular sender like "Ebay" and then would delete that entire batch of emails. Your search for those emails has too many selections now. It's no longer worth going through those Selections to delete the same amount of emails from the Same sender. Many people delete emails the same as I do. You are going to use up too many servers to store all the undeleted emails. Returning the Search back to the way it was will save you $Millions. If you take the time to look at this and actually see that I'm…

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Merged accounts.

I transferred an account. Had both in one screen. Thank you Yahoo for making me update to the business account and when you did that you deleted my other account and now iv LOST ALL those emails in the other email. You also give NO real way to contact customer service for YOU deleting all of my emails.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base