New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. two step security ********

I hate your ***** 2 step verification.
    You ARE WASTING MY TIME .
    I HAVE TO VERIFY THE DARN THING DAILY
    can I just have a chance with a stron password?

1209th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 327th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FORMAT MY EMAIL WITH COMIC FONT MEDIUM SIZE

CONTROL OVER PERMANENT FONT STYLE AND SIZE
    I PREFER COMIC FONT AND MEDIUM SIZE

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. E-mail contacts - no longer complete - Why the change !

Go back to the contact list as it was - I lost most of them .

799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 799th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to organize folders, ability to drag and drop

Need to organize folders, ability to drag and drop

670th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dump trash, dispose of selected mass volumes of saved mail,

The ability to selectively dispose of large quantities of selected email. Selected by dates, or other would be very useful and helpful.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is an issue with moving emails to a specific folder.

I made a mail search for emails named "microwave" and from the search list tried to move them to a folder named "microwave". All the emails were moved except the ones in "sent" folder. I had to then switch to Classic Email and then it worked.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot add new disposable address

Cannot add new disposable address

THe button for adding a new email address is greyed out. It used to work, as I have 237 of 500 and therefore many still available. I have tried in different browsers, inlcuding without any form of blocker.
    THis new mail is just awful.
    For some reason all of the threads that mention disposable addresses are locked, yet the help section still says that we can add disposable addresses. Does Yaho want to get rid of us all?

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No Commersials

plz remove commersials

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. After I read an email I want the type face to go to a lighter shade so I can tell which emails I have already read -- like it used to do.

After I have read an email, I want the type to get light again, like it used to do, so I can tell which ones I have already read.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. delete multiple emails

First Thank you for continuing to provide Free email after more than 20 yrs. To save disk space on the Yahoo servers, consider providing a more intuitive way for users to delete multiple emails with options, not just a few presets. Allow users to specify how many message they can see, delete, save, move, etc. I have thousands of emails I would like to delete to free up drive space, but its too time consuming to do so the way Yahoo mail is currently setup. Its not intuitive. Not turn-key. Thank you

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Yahoo Mail - Pink oval appears in TO field for all old elements in Draft folder

Yahoo Mail - Pink oval appears in TO field for all old elements in Draft folder

Emails placed in Draft folder prior to the new software, when retrieved, show a pink oval in the TO field. When left there upon mailing it cause an error; when deleted all is well. Draft folder entries created under the new software do not have this problem (so far). If there is a reason for this, it should be explained in Help. If not, the appropriate workaround (as above) should be documented. AB0005.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. is yahoo downplaying email ad problem in votes or ranking ? yes !!!

anyone using Yahoo knows how distracting email , news , home page ads are . At least Chrome is attempting to address issue

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My dashboard says I have apps connected to my account but does not give me an option to remove them other than to change my password.

My dashboard says I have apps connected to my account but does not give me an option to remove them other than to change my password. The dashboard is great just need to be able to remove apps conected to my account.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 147th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. contacts icon needs improvement

In the current design/layout of the mail home page, one searches like mad for the "contacts"-function. The minute icon with a rectangle and three dots on the right does not stand out as THE icon for contacts.
    All right, once found it is there, but this certainlay deserves improvement .

714th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop mail from auto sync to my contact list

Have a turn off for auto sync for iPhone. Every piece of garbage mail auto sync’s there stupid contact info to my contacts. I have thousands of contacts from every stupid company of the face of the planet and it so annoying I’m thinking I need a different mail app.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To field doesn't offer my contacts, but everyone I've ever replied to!!!!!!!!

I have 3 people in my contacts list. When I click "To" it offers everybody I've ever replied to from my community lists but NOT MY CONTACTS. This is why Yahoo is my junk email, not my name one.

1209th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. i did the survey and commented my problem. the chat never loaded

i did the survey and commented my problem. the chat never loaded, it was just a blank white chat. no text. after a few minutes it kicked me to the survey. what i was complaining about is the resubmissions it keeps asking me for. it used to be occasional but in the last 2 hours it is every time i go to the tab... please fix it. i should never have to resubmit to use my email. it worked fine years ago. stop doing dumb **** please. the other issue is most times the "previous, next" does not work..

948th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base