New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Yahoo mail

Crazy. My emails now print in tiny font, with the first page now a huge picture of a printer, and I can't read anything without it skipping back to the top after a few seconds.

181st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  26 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Phishing

I just got a Phishing Scam email from purporting to be from Apple....and it was not, then I find this cannot be reported any more. There is a giant difference between SPAM and Phishing, we want the function back as I am sure it would make Yahoos job easier. Also our online safety.

146th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Srace

Galaxcess &stars

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Background  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. email does not seem to include multimedia creation

I would like to include multimedia and photo editing not just including gifs and animations in emails.

these are a very helpful design tool when they are available, I like coding [4GL] let's put it this way.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Conversations/Threads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 941st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Darken check box borders.

Darken check box borders. They are hard to see.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Page down while selecting

In the Classic view, I was able to select the top email, hold <shift>, page down however many times (up to 37 for 940 emails), then select the bottom email of my desired range. I am able to page down only once.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. auto save drafts

What's the deal, are drafts auto-saving while I am writing? There used to be a time stamp of when the draft was saved as I wrote. I write really long emails and sometimes use drafts for journal entries to myself, and while it doesn't do this on my phone it did used to do it on my laptop before this stupid new design... there's no time stamp on my drafts anymore and nowhere to look for that setting in the settings menus, nothing under Writing Emails where it *should* be. I need drafts to auto save as I often am…

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please bring back "Create sub folder" from the move menu dropdown

One of the most useful features of the classic Yahoo was that if I wanted to move an email to a folder, say a new subscription product email, and the move search box didn't find that folder, I could create it then and there. Seriously, that function alone was worth the price of admission. Now it's gone.

If I wasn't already so invested in this email product, the numerous small niggling negatives of the new yahoo would see me moving back to computer based email client. Seriously. Sigh.

Flickering screens, a dominating side bar that I can't keep closed with…

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve the ability to delete emails

You have not improved the ability to delete a large amount of emails at one time. It is infuriating!! Please fix. And I am talking of being able to delete thousands of emails in one fell swoop.

941st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. why do i see multiple articles about the same

Yahoo Landing Page, I don't want to see 5 articles about the Kardashian, or 3 different articles about the almost nip slip on SNL by Miley. how can I only see what I want to see and nothing else you force me to see

941st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mail is not working your serwer problen can you fix this

Mail is nit working, error when connecting to serwer

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Viewing Format

I want to be able to hide the "Starred" and "Unread" folder as I never use those folders. I want to also be able to hide the Views folder permanently (it opens up the sub-folders when I come back to the Inbox occasionally). I also want to be able to view my list of emails in a list format that is not separated by "Today", "Earlier this week", "Last Week", "Earlier in January", etc.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. if you do not cease the ridiculous popups ads which are distracting to say the least, I am moning to google.

Unless you cease the pop up ads on my account I am moving to google. I may have to arrange a few things but worth the short term aggravation to get no ad email. You ask my opinion and then you keep sending the exact same ad. Also I am not at Yahoo to view your political agenda. It is anti American. Cease and Desist or goodbye.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Put the Delete etc links flush left again, and the Contacts link back on the left. Extra mouse mileage is inefficient and annoying.

Put the Delete etc links flush left again, and the Contacts link back on the left. Extra mouse mileage is inefficient and annoying.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. filters

I have a total of 2 filters. I just added the second one in the last month. Most of the time it works fine, the other times they kicked to the Spam folder. On the "From:" I have the entire email address of the sender. On the "To: I have my entire Yahoo email address.

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give the accurate number of emails...today the icon said I had 99 in my inbox but really there was only 10 or 12

When I signed in it said I had 99 emails waiting...when I opened the email there were probably 12?!?!?!?! Where are the other 80+ emails?

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. attachments too small and faint

Attachments are so small and faint that one gets no information from them on first inspection

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changes font size in the middle of an email.

Font size changes in the middle of an email, especially when I use indent or numbering. Don't you do any testing at all?

1202nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base