New Mail

Welcome to our Yahoo Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve New Mail?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Did you get rid of groups?

I NEED groups as part of the organizations that I belong to and I NEED to be able to post to those groups, especially since I'm an ADMIN on one. Why the "HECK" did you remove groups from the tabs above email??? I don't understand why you don't hire a professional to do the job. It's as bad as your outsourcing for your articles, which I don't read anymore because the stories are badly written.

Yahoo mail sucks and your changes didn't do anything to improve it. Let us go back to the old format so you can hire a…

1354th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

I would like the ability to add a contact from on inbox email as we had before

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please give the option to select spacing between lines when writing emails.

The new one only allows double space which I really hate and makes my emails very difficult to read and ridiculously long

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Search has now too many selections. This is how I delete my emails. You are going to cause yourself an overload of undeleted emails!

I deleted my emails by searching a particular sender like "Ebay" and then would delete that entire batch of emails. Your search for those emails has too many selections now. It's no longer worth going through those Selections to delete the same amount of emails from the Same sender. Many people delete emails the same as I do. You are going to use up too many servers to store all the undeleted emails. Returning the Search back to the way it was will save you $Millions. If you take the time to look at this and actually see that I'm…

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Merged accounts.

I transferred an account. Had both in one screen. Thank you Yahoo for making me update to the business account and when you did that you deleted my other account and now iv LOST ALL those emails in the other email. You also give NO real way to contact customer service for YOU deleting all of my emails.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please do not unsubscribe for me

Not really an idea ... but please stop unsubscribing from emails for me. It's really hard to get back on the websites that Yahoo deletes. If I don't want it anymore, I'll take care of it. Thank You.

771st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Clickable Social Media Icons Unavailable in Email Signature?!

When I inquired about inserting social media icons into my email signature, I was told the following: "Unfortunately, what you're looking for isn't possible in the current version of the product. I can see how that'd be useful, though."

I am scratching my head wondering how it is possible in 2019 for Yahoo's email platform not to support such a common feature?

Please consider adding this functionality in the near future.

Thank you.

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like to see a way to keep unread emails at the top!

I would like to see a way to keep unread emails at the top! I realize I can mark them as important but when you have to many important emails I like to mark the ones that need immediate attention as unread. I would be ideal to move them to the top of my inbox.
    Thanks you!

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to remove indentation when forwarding

Please provide an option in settings to remove the indentation when forwarding emails. This used to be available but cannot see it anywhere in new version, the end result is a very wide email when multiple forwards.
    thanks

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. buttons disappear

Please get rid of the disappearing toolbar when composing an email. Just leave it there. I don't want to have to scroll up several times for it to reappear. That's annoying.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Simple but effective Settings improvement suggestions

Feedback for email improvements

1. The Contacts, Calendar. Notepad and Settings buttons in the right column take precious space away and that just for four buttons? But THE main focus, the mail messenges themselves are cramped in the center window? That's ridiculous!

I thought first that the slider to widen the message space woudl be permanent but it is just temporarily. Please allow an option to make that slider permanent as I don't care for the rigth column one bit. It's an annoying fashion gimmick and conta-productive.
    Or make the icons in the upper right corner smaller and push the…

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. COLOR OPTIONS FOR STARS

Desperately need more ways to flag / star an e-mail. Please add additional shapes or colors for better organization.

We currently use Yahoo Mail Pro for business and our shop shares a single e-mail account that our customers send to. Having additional flag options would make it so much easier to organize e-mails per employee.

(For example: Everything marked red would be jobs Josh is responsible for and green would be Andrew's current jobs / or blue are jobs waiting for a customer response and yellow are jobs that need proofs sent to etc.)

This would let us quickly see…

651st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. This is ****.... want to delete an empty folder that easy there is no reason anyone should have to scroll this

Give user basic options called common sense read what yours users are asking for

875th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Get a better "user friendly" email platform

Improve your email platform - its impossible to use!! its not user friendly at all...worst email platform Ive ever used.

875th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 651st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Full contact

Show full contact fields in Andriod App.

Right now you can't see all the contact fields in Andriod app like you can on https://address.yahoo.com

Change the Yahoo email andriod app to show all contact fields

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. no ads please - very distracting, space-consuming; I am ready to think about another host.

No ads please. Very distracting. I am thinking about switching to another host. Too bad, since Yahoo has otherwise been excellent.

1041st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All the Attachment from Old Mails have Disappeared....

All the Attachment from Old Mails have Disappeared....can't see any attachments in mailed older than a year

177th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. email scanner

I get random emails but sometimes they are genuine. Why isn't there a scanner or some sort of ability to know if an email is genuine or has virus or other malware attached. How thorough is yahoo at keeping malware away from us users?

1354th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base